PDA

View Full Version : [Pro Journal] - Brian Hopper's Training Log

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19

Brian Hopper
05-16-2011, 12:06 PM
LOL we think alike ha ha...........awesome!!
I should go there when nobody is around and do it, lol.

It's going to take a bit to get the range of motion back, but it will come. I don't know what they use nowadays for rehab, but one thing they used to use was a Cybex machine. Kind of a seated hamstring curl/extension. They will probably test your strength levels in both legs at some point.
I'm slowly getting my ROM back, it just hurts. The place I'm doing rehab at has alot of machines and updated equipment. So who knows what they'll have me doing.

Brian Hopper
05-16-2011, 12:09 PM
I am finally scheduled for PT tomorrow at 8:45am. They called me about 9:55 this morning asking me if I can make it in today at 10:30 and I just couldn't do it. So tomorrow it is :)

Off Road
05-16-2011, 02:24 PM
Good luck with the PT Brian.

borracho
05-16-2011, 02:36 PM
Dam hole.. You shouldve pissed in it to show it whos boss. Bench only at 220 would be awesome.

lol...my thoughts as well RE:Hole.

Hope all is going well B!

Tim K
05-16-2011, 07:19 PM
Brian, did you ever find any of the other 'sleeves' for your ice-water machine?

Brian Hopper
05-16-2011, 07:22 PM
Good luck with the PT Brian.

Thanks OR!!!

Brian Hopper
05-16-2011, 07:22 PM
lol...my thoughts as well RE:Hole.

Hope all is going well B!

Thanks borracho!!!

Brian Hopper
05-16-2011, 07:25 PM
Brian, did you ever find any of the other 'sleeves' for your ice-water machine?

No, I only got the one that came with the machine. I actually have it strapped to my knee as we speak :)

Brian Hopper
05-16-2011, 07:29 PM
The ice machine...
http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=30169&d=1305595678

Brian C
05-16-2011, 09:21 PM
Great news your starting PT. The comeback has begun!!

Brian Hopper
05-16-2011, 09:23 PM
Great news your starting PT. The comeback has begun!!

Yes sir, and I can't wait!!! I have some 20lb dumbbells so I might start doing some HIGH rep arm and shoulder work, lol.

Brian Hopper
05-16-2011, 09:26 PM
She heard me talking about a book that Big Tone told me about called "Finding your Zone" and also the Westside book of methods. Well, she bought them for me and I should get them sometime this week :clap:

I'm pretty excited to learn alittle more about WSB and hopefully take my training to another level.

Brian C
05-16-2011, 09:30 PM
Tone talks highly of that book. Im going to borrow it off him when he gets it back(lent to someone now) Should be a great read!

MarcusWild
05-16-2011, 09:31 PM
That's awesome!

NickAus
05-16-2011, 09:49 PM
"I should go there when nobody is around and do it, lol." That would be cool/crazy........we are a rare breed!

NickAus
05-16-2011, 09:50 PM
She heard me talking about a book that Big Tone told me about called "Finding your Zone" and also the Westside book of methods. Well, she bought them for me and I should get them sometime this week :clap:

I'm pretty excited to learn alittle more about WSB and hopefully take my training to another level.

I hope when I marry mine she does stuff like that :)

Awesome!!

Brian Hopper
05-16-2011, 09:55 PM
Tone talks highly of that book. Im going to borrow it off him when he gets it back(lent to someone now) Should be a great read!
Cool, i'm still in the middle of reading "Under the bar" and I still have to read "Raising the bar". So once i'm done with those i'll start the new one.

That's awesome!
Yeah it is!!!

"I should go there when nobody is around and do it, lol." That would be cool/crazy........we are a rare breed!
We sure are :)

I hope when I marry mine she does stuff like that :)

Awesome!!
I'm lucky, she even said that she'll help me build a gym in my garage.

Mark!
05-16-2011, 10:16 PM
Good on the PT Brian, and the wife. Sounds like my wife, she completely supports me and all the crazy lifting. Good stuff, and it makes things so much easier.

LuNa
05-17-2011, 02:08 AM
Good on the PT Brian, and the wife. Sounds like my wife, she completely supports me and all the crazy lifting. Good stuff, and it makes things so much easier.

Agreed. Its great to have someone support you like that.

I have been wanting to read under the bar and raising the bar. Would you say they are worth reading?

HJP
05-17-2011, 02:28 AM
Thumbs up to your wife!! Enjoy the books

Brian Hopper
05-17-2011, 10:15 AM
Thanks Mark and it is nice to have the support. It makes our job alot easier :)

Agreed. Its great to have someone support you like that.

I have been wanting to read under the bar and raising the bar. Would you say they are worth reading?
Yeah, I think so. So far "Under the bar" is pretty good book. I'm looking forward to reading the others.

Thumbs up to your wife!! Enjoy the books
Thanks HJP!!!

Brian Hopper
05-17-2011, 11:10 AM
Today was my first day of PT and it was pretty much an evaluation. She tested the strength in both my legs and she seemed pleased with the injured one. She had me lay down and bend my knee back as far as I could and then she moved it somemore.....and it hurt, lol. I got on a stationary bike and pretty much went back and forth slowly, because I couldn't go all the way around. That also hurt, but it's part of the rehab. She gave me about 18 exercises to do at home at least 2-3x a day. I already did one session and i'm about to do another.

I go this Thursday to see the doctor and he'll probably take out my stitches. Then I go back for my second PT appointment on Monday the 23rd.

Here is a list of the exercises that I need to do:
-Kneecap self-mobilization (downward, upward, inward and outward)
-Knee flexion/extension (sitting)
-Knee flexion (hook lying)
-Straight leg raises
-Hip extension (prone)
-Hip abduction (side lying)
-Hip adduction (side lying)
-PROM: Knee extension
-Hamstring (supine)
-Calf stretch (sitting down)
-Heel raises
-Gastroc and soleus stretches
-Quadriceps set (prone)
-Chair squats

Some of these hurt like hell, I just have to focus and not push it that far yet. I'm not even two weeks post-op yet. I got to be patient and take my time with this rehab. Today is the first day to recovery and making a come back.

PaulM
05-17-2011, 11:14 AM
good luck with a speedy recovery

Coke
05-17-2011, 11:22 AM
This whole rehab process is going to take some time to complete, but at least this is the beginning - glad to see it getting started too.

Brian Hopper
05-17-2011, 11:37 AM
good luck with a speedy recovery

Thanks Paul!!!

Brian Hopper
05-17-2011, 11:38 AM
This whole rehab process is going to take some time to complete, but at least this is the beginning - glad to see it getting started too.

Yeah, I'm looking at a long time but today was the beginning :) Thanks alot Terry!!!!

john o
05-17-2011, 09:59 PM
It's good news the strength in your legs is close. Your recovery will likely be quicker.

NickAus
05-17-2011, 11:17 PM
Love your thoughts on getting through this bro, some people could learn a lot from you!!

Mark!
05-17-2011, 11:58 PM
Awesome attitude Brian, glad the PT has started.

LuNa
05-18-2011, 01:00 AM
Happy to hear the rehab process is under way. You will be putting all of our squats to shame in no time.

HJP
05-18-2011, 04:40 AM
True that Brian, patience is key!! Good to see the process underway

Off Road
05-18-2011, 07:05 AM
You...having strength in your legs? Who'd of thought that - lol
Good luck with it all, and don't push it too hard !!!!!! Yet.

Brian Hopper
05-18-2011, 08:48 AM
It's good news the strength in your legs is close. Your recovery will likely be quicker.Yeah, I was pretty happy about that. Hopefully it will lead to a faster recovery.

Love your thoughts on getting through this bro, some people could learn a lot from you!!Thanks alot Nick!!!

Awesome attitude Brian, glad the PT has started.Thanks Mark!!!

Happy to hear the rehab process is under way. You will be putting all of our squats to shame in no time.Thanks Luna, i'm happy I got it started. I still have a long way to go, lol.

True that Brian, patience is key!! Good to see the process underwayYes it is, and I need to be patient with it.

You...having strength in your legs? Who'd of thought that - lol
Good luck with it all, and don't push it too hard !!!!!! Yet.Yeah right, lol. Thanks OR, trust me I won't be pushing it for awhile. Even when I can start squatting and pulling, I'll be starting with the bar, lol.

MarcusWild
05-18-2011, 11:18 AM
The key to some of that stuff is preventing scar tissue build up. If scar tissue builds up, then it'll eventually break loose and become floating chunks that cause problems. If you do the rehab with the same work ethic you have in training, then you'll do great.

Brian C
05-18-2011, 12:20 PM
Baby steps to a 1100 squat :) Big ups to your outlook on the whole situation bro. Your very positive something we all should strive to be.

Barbaccio
05-18-2011, 12:27 PM
Sounds like rehab is gonna keep you training just as hard as you were in the gym! 18 movements, 3x's a day! I like your trainer! LOL. Good luck with it Brian. You'll bounce back quick I'm sure. Interesting as hell to watch though and your attitude is awesome.

Brian Hopper
05-18-2011, 12:31 PM
The key to some of that stuff is preventing scar tissue build up. If scar tissue builds up, then it'll eventually break loose and become floating chunks that cause problems. If you do the rehab with the same work ethic you have in training, then you'll do great.

That's what i'm afraid of, but I am going to put in 110% so I can prevent that from happening.

Brian Hopper
05-18-2011, 12:34 PM
Baby steps to a 1100 squat :) Big ups to your outlook on the whole situation bro. Your very positive something we all should strive to be.

Yes sir, but I do see it happening in the future :) Thanks alot B, I'm still trying to stay as positive as I can. Don't get me wrong, I still get pissed off at the situation, but that's never going to help me with this recovery so I quickly get over it.

Brian Hopper
05-18-2011, 12:39 PM
Sounds like rehab is gonna keep you training just as hard as you were in the gym! 18 movements, 3x's a day! I like your trainer! LOL. Good luck with it Brian. You'll bounce back quick I'm sure. Interesting as hell to watch though and your attitude is awesome.

Yep, I already did one session today and i'm about to do my 2nd. It is alot and what makes it long and painful is I have to hold alot of these stretches for 10 seconds and some for 20-30. Thanks alot Tone for the support!!!

Off Road
05-18-2011, 12:42 PM
Three workouts a day? That's overtraining :)

StLRPh
05-18-2011, 12:54 PM
Brian,
I just put some info on the power rack thread that might be helpful for you.

Brian Hopper
05-18-2011, 01:37 PM
Three workouts a day? That's overtraining :)

Haha, that's how I feel. I have some ice on my knee right now, lol.

Brian Hopper
05-18-2011, 01:37 PM
Brian,
I just put some info on the power rack thread that might be helpful for you.

Thanks!!!

covpride
05-18-2011, 02:24 PM
Good job man, keep it up, you'll recover for sure man. Your commitment to training and now rehab is an inspiration to me and I'm sure many others here.

Brian Hopper
05-18-2011, 02:46 PM
Good job man, keep it up, you'll recover for sure man. Your commitment to training and now rehab is an inspiration to me and I'm sure many others here.

Thanks alot bro!!!!

joey54
05-18-2011, 03:34 PM
Keeping up a good pace.

Brian Hopper
05-18-2011, 04:19 PM
Keeping up a good pace.

Thanks, i'm trying...lol!!! I did my 2nd session of exercises about 3pm today. I will probably do a couple more before I go to bed. At least the ones that stretch my knee and having me bend it.

Brian Hopper
05-18-2011, 04:22 PM
My books are here that my wife bought me!!!!!!

I looked through the WSB book of methods and it looks very interesting. I can't wait to read it and learn more. I have about 5 books that I need to read, lol. I pretty much read all of the new 5/3/1 book and it's great and I'm almost done with "Under the Bar".

NickAus
05-18-2011, 06:38 PM
Awesome books no doubt!!

Brian Hopper
05-18-2011, 07:59 PM
Awesome books no doubt!!

So far so good :)

Coke
05-19-2011, 12:29 AM
My books are here that my wife bought me!!!!!!

How awesome, indeed you married very well dude, lol.

john o
05-19-2011, 01:40 AM
Good deal on the books Brian!

Brian Hopper
05-19-2011, 11:50 AM
How awesome, indeed you married very well dude, lol.

I sure did, lol.

Brian Hopper
05-19-2011, 11:52 AM
Good deal on the books Brian!

Thanks, I felt like a little kid when I got them. Once I finish these I will buy some more. I really want to build a library of strength and training books.

Brian Hopper
05-19-2011, 12:28 PM
2 weeks post-op

I went in today to see the doctor and it was short and sweet. They just took out my stitches and he looked to see if there was anything wrong with it, pretty much looking for infections. He also unlocked my brace and set it to 40 degrees. So now when I walk with my brace I can bend my knee. I also drove today for the first time since my surgery.

Off Road
05-19-2011, 01:16 PM
Driving...nice.

Brian Hopper
05-19-2011, 01:44 PM
Driving...nice.

Yes sir, and im not going to lie....it was weird, lol.

GazzyG
05-19-2011, 02:32 PM
Progress! Bet you're glad to have a little movement back into that leg now!

lil' power
05-19-2011, 03:19 PM
So happy you're healing well!

Brian Hopper
05-19-2011, 04:53 PM
Progress! Bet you're glad to have a little movement back into that leg now!

Thanks, it's actually weird...lol. I've been pretty much straight legged when I walked. Now I get to walk with a little bend in my leg. I'm still taking it slow, and I've already felt my knee trying to give out on me.

Brian Hopper
05-19-2011, 04:54 PM
So happy you're healing well!

Thanks alot, I appreciate it!!!!

borracho
05-19-2011, 09:48 PM
Glad you got some good reading material to keep the motor running!!!

LuNa
05-20-2011, 04:24 AM
Great to hear recovery is going well. Im starting to look into buying some of these books you are talking about :p.

Brian Hopper
05-20-2011, 08:48 AM
Glad you got some good reading material to keep the motor running!!!
Yes sir, same here...lol.

Great to hear recovery is going well. Im starting to look into buying some of these books you are talking about :p.
Thanks Luna, you should....reading is fundamental!!!!

-JM-
05-20-2011, 09:12 AM
Glad to here you are on the mend Hopp. All these little things like the brace being adjusted and driving and what not are all positive steps towards full recovery. You will recover quicker than normal folk. Thats for sure.

Brian Hopper
05-20-2011, 04:22 PM
Glad to here you are on the mend Hopp. All these little things like the brace being adjusted and driving and what not are all positive steps towards full recovery. You will recover quicker than normal folk. Thats for sure.

Thanks alot Justin!!! Your right, I was so happy when I left the office because of the brace and how happy the doc was with my knee that I wouldn't stop talking. I was in such a good mood and once we got home I started doing my exercises, lol.

Tim K
05-20-2011, 06:09 PM
Good news Brian! A positive attitude will go a long way to healing fast!

Mark!
05-20-2011, 07:22 PM
Awesome news Brian. glad to hear things are going well.

t gale
05-20-2011, 08:20 PM
Hey bud, great to here that recovery is going well. let us know how u like those books. and stay positive

Brian Hopper
05-20-2011, 10:01 PM
Good news Brian! A positive attitude will go a long way to healing fast!

Thanks, I hope so!!!

Brian Hopper
05-20-2011, 10:01 PM
Awesome news Brian. glad to hear things are going well.

Thanks alot Mark!!!

Brian Hopper
05-20-2011, 10:03 PM
Hey bud, great to here that recovery is going well. let us know how u like those books. and stay positive

Thanks alot Tim. I just finished "Under the bar" and it was pretty good. I don't feel it was motivating, but I still think it's a good read.

Brian Hopper
05-20-2011, 10:06 PM
R.I.P

http://images1.makefive.com/images/entertainment/television/top-5-wrestlers-of-all-time/macho-man-randy-savage-7.jpg

http://www.411mania.com/siteimages/randysavage045_51509.jpg

-JM-
05-21-2011, 02:42 AM
Damn. What a bummer. Watched his ''these arms aint chopped liver'' interview last night....
He was a character. Actually insane.

OQxyD0Q7GtU

GazzyG
05-21-2011, 02:45 AM
No way is Macho Man dead! =( The guy was a hero of my youth, along with Hulk and British Bulldog.

NickAus
05-21-2011, 03:24 AM
He was cool, I like Hacksaw Jim and the Ultimate Warrior along with Hulk and others........Summer Slam!!!!!

NickAus
05-21-2011, 03:28 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I32KPBgdniw

Brian Hopper
05-21-2011, 05:09 PM
No way is Macho Man dead! =( The guy was a hero of my youth, along with Hulk and British Bulldog.

Yep, very shitty :(

Brian Hopper
05-21-2011, 05:10 PM
Those videos rock!!!

Mark!
05-21-2011, 05:54 PM
I didnt watch much wrestling, but I did really enjoy him and hulk hogan, and a few others back then. Really sad to see that he's gone, he was definitely fun to watch, a great entertainer.

john o
05-23-2011, 02:18 AM
We need a new macho man Brian. As soon as your back we'll pick out your outfits. On a side note look up some of Andre the Giants feats. Even the wrestlers feared him him. The guy could drink ridiculous amounts of alcohol too.

NickAus
05-23-2011, 03:20 AM
Ha ha not many would be able to out drink Andre lol.

Brian Hopper
05-24-2011, 07:12 PM
I didnt watch much wrestling, but I did really enjoy him and hulk hogan, and a few others back then. Really sad to see that he's gone, he was definitely fun to watch, a great entertainer.

We need a new macho man Brian. As soon as your back we'll pick out your outfits. On a side note look up some of Andre the Giants feats. Even the wrestlers feared him him. The guy could drink ridiculous amounts of alcohol too.

Ha ha not many would be able to out drink Andre lol.

Those guys made wrestling and that's pretty much when I started watching it. I stopped watching it around the time that The Rock stopped.

Brian Hopper
05-24-2011, 07:17 PM
Update...

Yesterday was my second day at PT and I was able to do a full back pedal and I was able to bend my knee about 25 degrees more then my first appointment. So far I seem to be making some pretty good progress :clap:

I go back tomorrow and I think they're going to put me in the pool for some aquatic therapy...time to bust out the speedo!!!!

joey54
05-24-2011, 07:18 PM
One good thing about what we do, is when injured we usually recover a lot quicker than the general public. Keep pushing along as you can man.

Brian Hopper
05-24-2011, 07:20 PM
One good thing about what we do, is when injured we usually recover a lot quicker than the general public. Keep pushing along as you can man.

I'm gonna push it as hard as I can, thanks for the support!!!!

Brian Hopper
05-24-2011, 07:25 PM
Also, some of you guys might know already and some might not. But I have been giving some thought about building a gym in my garage. I want to outfit it with pretty much everything that I use and do now. I really prefer free weights so I don't see it being a problem. My first purchase is going to be a power rack of course and I have my eye on about 2-3 different racks. One being a WSB rack, the other a Powertec rack and the third one a NYB rack. The only thing stopping me from buying one right now is the lack of space in my garage. Well, I sold a few things over the weekend and some stuff today so I am slowly making some room. Now I need to go out there and organize some stuff and maybe i'll be able to buy that rack very soon, I can't wait!!!

Off Road
05-24-2011, 07:29 PM
Building the home gym while your healing is a good way to stay motivated.

borracho
05-24-2011, 07:37 PM
Nice! Its my goal to get set up with a hone gym eventually...would LOVE to have a little shack out back to have a power rack and some DBs.

Coke
05-24-2011, 07:37 PM
Really great news about the progress being made Brian.

Brian Hopper
05-24-2011, 07:47 PM
Building the home gym while your healing is a good way to stay motivated.

Just thinking about it is keeping me motivated, lol.

Brian Hopper
05-24-2011, 07:51 PM
Nice! Its my goal to get set up with a hone gym eventually...would LOVE to have a little shack out back to have a power rack and some DBs.

I would rather put a big shed in the back also, but I'll most likely do it in my garage.

Brian Hopper
05-24-2011, 07:52 PM
Really great news about the progress being made Brian.

Thanks alot Coke!!!

NickAus
05-24-2011, 08:29 PM
WSB rack!!

Order your Okie deadlift bar now and you should get it by September.

Garage gym is my dream!

john o
05-24-2011, 08:49 PM
The knee is coming along great in a short amount of time. I'm sure we'll get some pics in here soon. Preferably of the gym not the speedos.

Mark!
05-24-2011, 09:59 PM
I'd like to have a shed out back too, but with the size of the backyard we have, it just wouldn't be too functional, plus the trees would get in the way. The garage was there, didn't really NEED it for parking, plus have everything set where if I did need it for parking, I could easily move stuff to the side and even the excursion will fit in there with room to work on her.

HJP
05-25-2011, 12:56 AM
Looking forward to this power rack idea becoming reality!! Empty out that garage an turn it into your home fortress!

LuNa
05-25-2011, 12:57 AM
A garage gym would be amazing, if only i had a garage, or a garden...

Good to hear recovery is still strong Brian.

Brian C
05-25-2011, 07:49 AM
Really great news that PT is going well. You are on your way bud! Id love to have my own home gym. It would make things so much easier, especially with kids. Hope it works out for you.

MarcusWild
05-25-2011, 10:49 AM
Reading about your garage sounds like how I started Wild Iron. I sold off a bunch of stuff I wasn't using to make room and buy some gym equipment. Having a home gym will be awesome while you're rehabbing, since it'll make it really easy to get in all the work.

Brian Hopper
05-25-2011, 02:15 PM
WSB rack!!

Order your Okie deadlift bar now and you should get it by September.

Garage gym is my dream!
Westside!!! I will definitley buy a deadlift bar, i'm just not sure which one. I want to make sure I have pretty much the same stuff I use at the gym I train at now minus the monolift.

The knee is coming along great in a short amount of time. I'm sure we'll get some pics in here soon. Preferably of the gym not the speedos.
Haha, well they didn't put me in the pool today so no pics....but I am scheduled for the pool next Wednesday. I will post some pics of the speedos.....I mean the progress of the home gym as soon as I start building it.

I'd like to have a shed out back too, but with the size of the backyard we have, it just wouldn't be too functional, plus the trees would get in the way. The garage was there, didn't really NEED it for parking, plus have everything set where if I did need it for parking, I could easily move stuff to the side and even the excursion will fit in there with room to work on her.
I have an ok backyard to be able to fit a nice size garage/shed in the back. The only thing is, it's not fenced in yet. So i'll be looking at about 3-5K for the fenceing and another 7-10K for a good garage/shed. I already have a layout of where I want stuff in the garage so the wife can still park her vehicle inside. I will probably just move it out when I train.

Looking forward to this power rack idea becoming reality!! Empty out that garage an turn it into your home fortress!
I'm already starting on getting it empty :) I'm going to put some more stuff on Craigslist tonight. Hopefully I can bring the compressor back to my father-in-laws where it belongs :indian:

A garage gym would be amazing, if only i had a garage, or a garden...

Good to hear recovery is still strong Brian.
It's always something i've wanted to have. Thanks alot Luna!!!

Really great news that PT is going well. You are on your way bud! Id love to have my own home gym. It would make things so much easier, especially with kids. Hope it works out for you.Thanks B!!!! I'm hoping that it will make things much easier, lol. Especially since we've been throwing around the idea of having another baby. My buddy Jo Jordan has a gym setup in his garage and he said it's so convenient when having kids. It'll be awhile before I get it done, but i'm doing it :)

Reading about your garage sounds like how I started Wild Iron. I sold off a bunch of stuff I wasn't using to make room and buy some gym equipment. Having a home gym will be awesome while you're rehabbing, since it'll make it really easy to get in all the work.
Exactly, I had stuff I was using when I was restoring a car. But i'm done with it now and don't plan on doing another so I figured what the hell, lets get rid of everything :) I know it's going to be expensive but I am going to buy some good bars. At least Texas squat bar, bench bar and deadlift bar. That'll get me started, then i'll buy a cambared bar, fat bar, SSB etc.

Brian Hopper
05-25-2011, 03:53 PM
I forgot to mention, I sort of got my first piece of equipment for my home gym...lol. It's a stand for my chalk :clap:

I was selling a 6" bench grinder and the stand to go with it to a pawn shop and the guy said they can take the grinder but not the stand. Right when he said that I got an :idea: I'm going to build a box and bolt it to the stand and use that for my chalk :) I am so happy he didn't take it, and when I told my wife what im going to use it for she said "Why can't you just put the chalk on the floor" lol. So I just had to explain to her :evillaugh:

I'll post a pic of the stand that i'm going to use. I also found a back raise for $100 at "Play it again Sports" but I might wait till im ready to buy it.

Brian Hopper
05-25-2011, 04:13 PM
Here is the pic of the stand i'll be using, it might be a little to much but heck I don't care, lol

http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=30206&d=1306361559

borracho
05-25-2011, 04:21 PM
And its begun!

Brian Hopper
05-25-2011, 04:27 PM
And its begun!

Hell yeah!!! I might even go to Home Depot tomorrow and get some wood to make the box.

Also, I already have some 4" blocks at the gym that I'll bring home of course so that's another. But i'll leave it there until i'm ready for it.

Brian C
05-25-2011, 09:46 PM
Yeeeeaahh beefy equipment. Even the chalk box has balls!

Brian Hopper
05-25-2011, 09:55 PM
Yeeeeaahh beefy equipment. Even the chalk box has balls!

Hell yeah!!!! What ever I decide to bolt on top, I want a lid to cover everything. I could use a bucket instead of the stand but where's the fun, lol. If I can't figure something out then i'll just stick with a bucket.

NickAus
05-25-2011, 11:17 PM
Super glue a metal box to that thing................I may come to the U.S just to train at your gym and do some curls with the chalk stand.

Coke
05-26-2011, 12:34 AM
Must be a great ordeal to be having your energies focused on this home gym project, definitely looking to see some pics once it really gets off the ground.

Brian Hopper
05-26-2011, 08:56 AM
Super glue a metal box to that thing................I may come to the U.S just to train at your gym and do some curls with the chalk stand.

I'll use gorilla clue instead :)

My gym will be opened for anybody who wants to train with me!!!!

Brian Hopper
05-26-2011, 09:00 AM
Must be a great ordeal to be having your energies focused on this home gym project, definitely looking to see some pics once it really gets off the ground.

It is, I am super excited about it. I'm not sure if I will train at home full time since I do want to get back in gear and accomplish some goals. So we'll see when that time comes. I have some guy on his way now to hopefully buy some stuff from me, so that will help clear out some space.

t gale
05-26-2011, 09:15 AM
glad ur doing well. good luck with the gym. glad you found something to occupy ur mind.

Brian Hopper
05-26-2011, 11:49 AM
glad ur doing well. good luck with the gym. glad you found something to occupy ur mind.

Thanks alot Tim. I went out in the garage and stated to get rid of some stuff. I can't believe I have so much shit, lol. It's going to take me a long time before I'm even ready to buy any equipment. My knee doesn't make it any easier either.

shocker4221
05-26-2011, 08:21 PM
Glad to see your excited about the garage gym. I'm pretty lucky I have a big storage building, a 30 x 40 behind my house that i've turned into my gym. If space wasn't an option what equipment would you get for your gym? Can't wait to see it all coming together.

Mark!
05-27-2011, 12:15 AM
I enjoy the shit out of my garage gym Brian, I'm absolutely sure you'll do the same once it's all completed, even as you're adding equipment, just getting the rack, bar, and some plates, you'll start enjoying it immensely. It gives me, and will give you, if you ever need it, no excuse to not train. You'll just walk to the garage, and hit it hard. Are you planning on putting any cardio equipment in there or just conditioning type stuff?

john o
05-27-2011, 01:23 AM
You will have a better chalkstand than Westside :)

NickAus
05-27-2011, 07:28 AM
Thanks for stating the gym is always open- real cool!

When the time comes I would like to get an Okie bar but the Texas deadlift bar looks great and is used just as much at meets (ones Ive seen).

Whats your weight at big man? Massive in our under 5'10" club :)

Brian Hopper
05-27-2011, 08:15 AM
Glad to see your excited about the garage gym. I'm pretty lucky I have a big storage building, a 30 x 40 behind my house that i've turned into my gym. If space wasn't an option what equipment would you get for your gym? Can't wait to see it all coming together.

I'm very excited!!! A 30x40 building would be perfect, then I would have to buy a monolift, lol. I am pretty much going to buy everything that I need. I prefer free weights over machines anyways so that will help me out some. I am going to buy a lat pulldown machine with the lower pullys as well so I will be able to do some other things. But I will also do alot with just bands as well. If I had room for a monolift then that would be a must, :) The only thing that is really stopping me is, my wife still wants to park her car in the garage. So I have to work around that.

Brian Hopper
05-27-2011, 08:19 AM
I enjoy the shit out of my garage gym Brian, I'm absolutely sure you'll do the same once it's all completed, even as you're adding equipment, just getting the rack, bar, and some plates, you'll start enjoying it immensely. It gives me, and will give you, if you ever need it, no excuse to not train. You'll just walk to the garage, and hit it hard. Are you planning on putting any cardio equipment in there or just conditioning type stuff?

I'm sure I will, the best part is playing the radio as loud as you want.

I think that's why I want it, because when it rains here, and it's time to leave and go train.....I don't want to. If I have one in my garage then that's a different story. Plus my wife might be a little more motivated to go workout.

We have one treadmill that's in our bedroom, but I might buy a small bike so I can warm-up. But i'm not sure yet until I have everything layed out.

Brian Hopper
05-27-2011, 08:20 AM
You will have a better chalkstand than Westside :)

:strong:

Brian Hopper
05-27-2011, 08:25 AM
Thanks for stating the gym is always open- real cool!

When the time comes I would like to get an Okie bar but the Texas deadlift bar looks great and is used just as much at meets (ones Ive seen).

Whats your weight at big man? Massive in our under 5'10" club :)

No problem, I'm hoping it will be done by the time Marcus makes another trip down here so we can train again. If not then we'll go to my other gym, lol.

The bars are gonna kill me unless I find some good used ones. I know it sounds stupid but I want some good bars, I don't need a mastadon bar but a Texas squat bar will be needed, lol.

My weight has been jumping around since the surgery. I was 245 the day of my surgery and I got down to 239 which is the lowest i've been and that was when I was weighing in for a meet on 2/26/10, lol. But today I woke up at 242 and that's pretty much where i've been. I started drinking protein shakes again since I can stand and walk around without crutches. So hopefully that will help me put some weight back on.

Off Road
05-27-2011, 08:38 AM
You guys are really giving me the urge to upgrade my home gym. I think I'll start with a decent bench and some bands.

Brian Hopper
05-27-2011, 08:57 AM
You guys are really giving me the urge to upgrade my home gym. I think I'll start with a decent bench and some bands.

Do it!!!!!! :) LOL

I just need to hurry up and finish clearing out my garage. That way I can start building the platform and then buy the rack or buy the rack first and then build the platform :confused: haha

MarcusWild
05-27-2011, 11:44 AM
That'd be sweet. You do need a Texas squat bar with as much as you squat. Just keep looking for used stuff. You have some time, so keep looking and you'll find some good deals used. I got an Okie deadlift bar and a squat bar Elite used to carry for $100 each. See if you can find a meet director in your area that's getting out of running meets. They usually unload their stuff pretty cheap.

HJP
05-27-2011, 02:42 PM
I wanna get me a chalk stand like that lol

SELK
05-27-2011, 02:53 PM
You are smart to have a chalk stand. I don't have one and I can't tell you how many times ive knocked the block of chalk on the floor then proceeded to step on it, leaving the block ruined and chalk smashed into the carpet.

MarcusWild
05-27-2011, 03:04 PM
We just put the chalk in a tupperware container.

Kiff
05-27-2011, 03:16 PM
Thanks alot Tim. I went out in the garage and stated to get rid of some stuff. I can't believe I have so much shit, lol. It's going to take me a long time before I'm even ready to buy any equipment. My knee doesn't make it any easier either.

Sucks the knee is giving you some trouble big man, glad it isnt too bad tho. A home gym gives you some nice focus while you recover.

IT is sure good to be back birelfy :)

Brian Hopper
05-27-2011, 08:33 PM
That'd be sweet. You do need a Texas squat bar with as much as you squat. Just keep looking for used stuff. You have some time, so keep looking and you'll find some good deals used. I got an Okie deadlift bar and a squat bar Elite used to carry for $100 each. See if you can find a meet director in your area that's getting out of running meets. They usually unload their stuff pretty cheap.My plan is to get the best bars for the main 3 and just some cheap ones for accessories. I will use a cheap bar for rack pulls as well. I have found alot of stuff on Craigslist in the Orlando area. So once i'm ready it's on :) Eventually I will end up getting a SSB and a Cambered bar. I will probably get the SSB from NYB since that's what i'm using now. But I will need a rackable cambered bar.

I wanna get me a chalk stand like that lol
It's a stand for a bench grinder, since I sold the bench grinder and they didn't need the stand I figured i'll just use it for chalk :idea: :clap:

Brian Hopper
05-27-2011, 08:36 PM
You are smart to have a chalk stand. I don't have one and I can't tell you how many times ive knocked the block of chalk on the floor then proceeded to step on it, leaving the block ruined and chalk smashed into the carpet.

Haha, we have one at our gym and we also have a bucket. I'm not sure if i'm going to go with carpet or rubber mats. I don't see this stand tipping over either, and what ever I decide to put on top is getting bolted down, lol.

Brian Hopper
05-27-2011, 08:37 PM
We just put the chalk in a tupperware container.

If I didn't have the stand I was just going to use a bucket or tupperware, but since I have it...I might as well use it :)

Brian Hopper
05-27-2011, 08:39 PM
Sucks the knee is giving you some trouble big man, glad it isnt too bad tho. A home gym gives you some nice focus while you recover.

IT is sure good to be back birelfy :)

It's all good, it only bothers me when i'm on my feet for awhile and I stay active. I am staying focused that's for sure. I just wish this will move a little faster, I want to get it done!!!! But I still have alot to get rid of and move around.

NickAus
05-27-2011, 08:44 PM
I use a huge tupperware container which I take in my gym bag....get some funny looks ha ha.

Strange breed.

Brian Hopper
05-27-2011, 09:07 PM
I use a huge tupperware container which I take in my gym bag....get some funny looks ha ha.

Strange breed.

I also keep one in my bag on top of what we have at our gym...Mainly because I train at two different gyms. But hopefully I will just be training at 2 gyms.....MINE!!!!

I think I might need to start thinking of a club/gym name.:nod:

NickAus
05-27-2011, 10:50 PM
Orlando Steel.

GazzyG
05-28-2011, 05:00 AM
Orlando Steel.

I like - though it makes me think of Orlando Bloom, which I don't like, lol.

Brian Hopper
05-28-2011, 05:50 AM
Orlando Steel.

I like - though it makes me think of Orlando Bloom, which I don't like, lol.

I'm not in Orlando though, so it would have to be Lakeland Steel.

I only like Orlando Bloom when he's a pirate :)

GazzyG
05-28-2011, 05:58 AM
Lakeland Steel sounds good!

Brian C
05-28-2011, 01:10 PM
B-Hop Barbell, Hauling Hoppers Inc, Aint nuttin but a B thang Barbell, Hopp's Hizzy Haulers, Casa de Lakeland Barbell haha im bored

NickAus
05-28-2011, 06:22 PM
Need to come up with a top 5 then have a vote.

Fun thinking of names actually!

Brian Hopper
05-28-2011, 07:42 PM
Lakeland Steel sounds good!
I was thinking something along the lines of a Barbell, sort of like Orlando Barbell or Tampa Barbell. It's just that Lakeland Barbell doesn't sound hardcore, lol.

B-Hop Barbell, Hauling Hoppers Inc, Aint nuttin but a B thang Barbell, Hopp's Hizzy Haulers, Casa de Lakeland Barbell haha im bored
Those are actually pretty cool and funny names. My wife is spanish so she would appreciate the "Casa de Lakeland Barbell" lol

Need to come up with a top 5 then have a vote.

Fun thinking of names actually!
Let's do it!!!! Even though it's still a little early since I haven't even build my gym yet, lol

john o
05-28-2011, 10:08 PM
Hmm hardcore huh?

Cyborg Barbell
Blood Barbell
Freakzone

LOL just don't use the word extreme.

Brian Hopper
05-29-2011, 05:46 AM
Hmm hardcore huh?

Cyborg Barbell
Blood Barbell
Freakzone

LOL just don't use the word extreme.

Nice!!!

I won't use the word extreme or fitness, lol.

Off Road
05-29-2011, 07:16 AM
"Extreme Fitness Bars and Belles"... :)

Brian Hopper
05-29-2011, 08:42 AM

With yoga and crossfit!!!

(I have nothing against yoga or crossfit, I just can't do it)

Brian C
05-29-2011, 11:07 AM

Hahaha funny! How about Hopp's Happy Place Toning and Fitness Center... lol

Mark!
05-29-2011, 03:24 PM
Hahaha funny! How about Hopp's Happy Place Toning and Fitness Center... lol

This for certain. Get some purple signs up, ge tthe pictures of the guy with barely there muscles doing db curls that says "succeed" like at 24 hour fitness. Could even get some pink towels to keep around too.

LuNa
05-30-2011, 12:55 AM
This for certain. Get some purple signs up, ge tthe pictures of the guy with barely there muscles doing db curls that says "succeed" like at 24 hour fitness. Could even get some pink towels to keep around too.

Thats a must obviously.

NickAus
05-30-2011, 06:00 AM
Lakeland Paradise Fitness Club.

Brian Hopper
05-30-2011, 08:32 AM
I'll take some of my daughters pink bath towels from her and use those, lol. How about "Hopp's Curves" or "Hopp's Total Fitness"??? I do have plenty of time to even think of a name, so when it's time we'll put our heads together and come up with something. I'll probably have my last name involved with the name (Hopp), we'll see.

Brian C
05-30-2011, 11:15 AM
"Hopp in to it Fitness Center" lol

Brian Hopper
05-30-2011, 07:39 PM
"Hopp in to it Fitness Center" lol

Hopp's in it to Win it Fitness Center :)

muscle_g
05-30-2011, 07:44 PM
How's the knee doing? You could always put your name in it Hopper Barbell and Fitness.

Brian Hopper
05-30-2011, 07:50 PM
How's the knee doing? You could always put your name in it Hopper Barbell and Fitness.

It's doing ok, thanks for asking. My bodyweight squats are getting better, lol. I can tell it's going to be along time.

I would like to incorporate my last name in it somehow.

Brian Hopper
05-30-2011, 08:29 PM
Here are some pictures of the area I need to clean out so I can start building my gym.....

http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=30211&d=1306808813

http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=30212&d=1306808836

http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=30213&d=1306808853

Brian Hopper
05-30-2011, 08:34 PM
I made some pretty good progress moving some stuff around. I need to hang my kids power wheels and bikes, that will clear up some space. I'll get some pics of what it looks like from over the weekend.

Brian C
05-30-2011, 08:48 PM
Its amazing how much crap you amass over time. Im clearing my basement out of kids toys theyve grown out of and it just doesnt stop!

Brian Hopper
05-30-2011, 09:23 PM
Its amazing how much crap you amass over time. Im clearing my basement out of kids toys theyve grown out of and it just doesnt stop!

Tell me about it, lol. I'm going to clean up that red wagon (it's in the middle picture on the left buried under a bunch of crap :)) and bring it inside. Then once I get the power wheels and bikes off the ground, that should clear up alot more. My goal is to get the floor cleared out by this weekend.

HJP
05-30-2011, 11:53 PM
You'll have some good before and after pics lol

john o
05-31-2011, 12:23 AM
You're ahead of the game Brian. Bodyweight squats at this stage is a very good sign.

NickAus
05-31-2011, 12:26 AM
Jeez that is a good sign!!!!!

Barbaccio
05-31-2011, 05:05 AM
Hopp, Skip, and a Jump Fitness.
Gimp's Gym
Lakeland Fantasy Club
Rehab Rec Center
Injured Iron

LOL. Glad you're keeping busy B! Hope the rehab is going well!

Coke
05-31-2011, 10:54 AM
It really is a matter of (re)organizing, you'd be surprised how much shit you don't even need anymore.

This is becoming somewhat envious, seeing you get this off the ground, lol.

Brian Hopper
05-31-2011, 10:56 AM
You'll have some good before and after pics lol

Yep, I have another one I took from this weekend. It looks alot better and my wife seems happy......but not for long because i'm gonna fill it right back up with gym equipment.

Brian Hopper
05-31-2011, 10:59 AM
You're ahead of the game Brian. Bodyweight squats at this stage is a very good sign.

I think so, I am seeing some improvment so that's good. I sent my best friend who is a PT a picture of me flexing my quad and he said it looks really good. I even compared it to one I took the other day and even though the angle is different, you can still see a difference.

Brian Hopper
05-31-2011, 11:01 AM
Jeez that is a good sign!!!!!

Yes sir :) and im ready for more.

Brian Hopper
05-31-2011, 11:03 AM
Hopp, Skip, and a Jump Fitness.
Gimp's Gym
Lakeland Fantasy Club
Rehab Rec Center
Injured Iron

LOL. Glad you're keeping busy B! Hope the rehab is going well!

I like those, I think "Injured Iron" is the best.

Thanks Tone, I am trying to stay active and keep moving. I'm hoping to get back in the gym on Monday.

Brian Hopper
05-31-2011, 11:07 AM
It really is a matter of (re)organizing, you'd be surprised how much shit you don't even need anymore.

This is becoming somewhat envious, seeing you get this off the ground, lol.

I know, I had a bunch of stuff that I was using when I was restoring a car. But since i'm done with it......I don't need it. Mainly because I don't plan on doing another, at least in the near future and also because this gym means more to me then working on cars again.

CHASE TRUSNOVEC
05-31-2011, 10:02 PM
thats gonna be a big cleaning job!!! your own gym? thats awesome dude, cant wait to see it finished!!!

Brian Hopper
06-01-2011, 10:39 AM
thats gonna be a big cleaning job!!! your own gym? thats awesome dude, cant wait to see it finished!!!

Yeah it is, it's gonna take sometime to get it all cleaned up but eventually i'll get it done. Once I get the floors cleaned up and cleared away i'm gonna start putting the platform together then go from there. I'll post some progress pics as I go along.

borracho
06-01-2011, 11:06 AM
I know, I had a bunch of stuff that I was using when I was restoring a car. But since i'm done with it......I don't need it. Mainly because I don't plan on doing another, at least in the near future and also because this gym means more to me then working on cars again.

Gotta love a good cluttered garage!

What kind of car did you restore?

Brian Hopper
06-01-2011, 11:11 AM
Gotta love a good cluttered garage!

What kind of car did you restore?

I did at first until I got the idea of wanting to put a gym in my garage, lol.

It was a 1964 Chevy Impala SS. I bought it from some guy in Arizona and I worked on it for a few years and I sold it to some guy here in Orlando. It's all good, maybe in the future i'll buy another but one that's complete, lol.

Brian Hopper
06-01-2011, 11:15 AM
This is what my garage looks like now. It's still pretty cluttered, but i'm slowly working on it.....

http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=30216&d=1306948361

LuNa
06-01-2011, 01:01 PM
That garage has a lot of potential. I love "Injured Iron", great name.

Good to hear you are making solid progress, even though i didnt expect anything less from you.

Off Road
06-01-2011, 01:26 PM
I love "Gimp's Gym" lol

borracho
06-01-2011, 01:35 PM
I did at first until I got the idea of wanting to put a gym in my garage, lol.

It was a 1964 Chevy Impala SS. I bought it from some guy in Arizona and I worked on it for a few years and I sold it to some guy here in Orlando. It's all good, maybe in the future i'll buy another but one that's complete, lol.

Nice. Its a lot of fun to think about and plan out but a LOT of work to actually do a proper resto...and I am def far faaaar too lazy. I had a 67 mustang for about 8 years that I did nothing with but I had aaaaall sorts of plans for. Ended up selling it to be able to make rent and tuition my first semester at school lol. I miss that thing.

Brian Hopper
06-01-2011, 04:52 PM
That garage has a lot of potential. I love "Injured Iron", great name.

Good to hear you are making solid progress, even though i didnt expect anything less from you.
I wish I could use the entire garage but I promised my wife she can still park her truck inside. Hopefully this will lead to a bigger place like how Marcus did it.

I love "Gimp's Gym" lol
Lol, I like them all.

Brian Hopper
06-01-2011, 05:01 PM
Nice. Its a lot of fun to think about and plan out but a LOT of work to actually do a proper resto...and I am def far faaaar too lazy. I had a 67 mustang for about 8 years that I did nothing with but I had aaaaall sorts of plans for. Ended up selling it to be able to make rent and tuition my first semester at school lol. I miss that thing.

It's definitely alot of fun.....and expensive, lol. I wish I still had it, but I'm also glad I got rid of it. If I ever did another, it would probably be a 50's style Cadillac or another 60's Impala....maybe another 64.

Brian Hopper
06-02-2011, 12:21 PM
4 weeks post-op

So far so good. My PT said im making some good gains and improvements. Yesterday I rode the bike with the seat one notch lower then last week and I am able to make a full rotation forward and backwards :clap:

I also added some ankle weights when I do my leg raises and I also do 3 sets of 10 reps instead of 1 set. I also noticed that my bw squats are getting much better, but I have been getting a pain behind my knee. I will address that with my PT next week.

Sunday will be 1 month post-op and I will record me doing some bodyweight squats. I will try to do these every month and see the improvements.

Thanks for the support everyone!!!!!

MarcusWild
06-02-2011, 12:46 PM
That's a great update. Your dedication is awesome.

Brian Hopper
06-02-2011, 12:52 PM
That's a great update. Your dedication is awesome.

Thanks alot Marcus. I am starting super light with the ankle weights. I think they are 4lbs each leg. Tonight I will add another weight to each leg and weigh them again. Tonight I might even start doing some SLDL with 20lb DB's, lol.

Coke
06-02-2011, 06:46 PM
Recovery is going well by all appearances, glad to hear of it man!!

HJP
06-02-2011, 06:59 PM
Solid man!! Good positive progress :)

CHASE TRUSNOVEC
06-02-2011, 08:30 PM
great to hear your recovering brian!!! Cant wait to see you back in the gym!!!

john o
06-02-2011, 10:55 PM
I like the positive trajectory of the rehab Brian!

Off Road
06-02-2011, 11:02 PM
Has it been a month already? Man, time is flying by. Sounds like you are making good progress. Good to hear.

NickAus
06-03-2011, 04:54 AM
Great news on the knee brother!!

Like your taste in cars!!

borracho
06-03-2011, 07:49 AM
Thats awesome news! Enjoy those SLDLs :)

Brian C
06-03-2011, 08:26 AM
Great news Bri. Hopefully the pain is nothing big.
One of my dream cars is a convertible 64-65 Lincoln Continental with suicide doors. Love those boat cars!

Brian Hopper
06-03-2011, 09:41 AM
Recovery is going well by all appearances, glad to hear of it man!!

Thanks alot Terry!!!!

Brian Hopper
06-03-2011, 09:43 AM
Solid man!! Good positive progress :)

Thanks, as soon as I woke up today I started some rehab work. I got to keep the ball rolling :)

Brian Hopper
06-03-2011, 09:47 AM
great to hear your recovering brian!!! Cant wait to see you back in the gym!!!

Thanks Chase, hopefully Monday will be the start of my return :strong:

Brian Hopper
06-03-2011, 09:49 AM
I like the positive trajectory of the rehab Brian!

Thanks John, me too!!!

Brian Hopper
06-03-2011, 09:54 AM
Has it been a month already? Man, time is flying by. Sounds like you are making good progress. Good to hear.

Yes sir, time has gone by fast. Thanks OR!!!

-JM-
06-03-2011, 09:55 AM
Damn Brian....... Looks like your recovery is well on track. Hitting some BW squats already. You are an inspiration big man. I now feel bad for moaning about being 10lbs lighter, lol.

Hold your line Hopp!!

Brian Hopper
06-03-2011, 09:59 AM
Great news on the knee brother!!

Like your taste in cars!!

Thanks Nick!!! I've been raised around custom cars so I hate to say it but I do have a pretty good taste in cars, lol. The one thing I hate the most is when people take beautiful old cars and put lift kits on them and big rims. I don't mind big rims on cars, just don't make it look like a monster truck.

Brian Hopper
06-03-2011, 10:01 AM
Thats awesome news! Enjoy those SLDLs :)

Thanks borracho, I will trust me :)

Brian Hopper
06-03-2011, 10:04 AM
Great news Bri. Hopefully the pain is nothing big.
One of my dream cars is a convertible 64-65 Lincoln Continental with suicide doors. Love those boat cars!

Thanks B!!! Those cars are nice, I love suicide doors. My friend has a 55 cadillac and the hood and doors are huge.

Kiff
06-03-2011, 10:39 AM
Really pleased about the knee for you mate

Brian Hopper
06-03-2011, 10:48 AM
7000 :clap:

Brian Hopper
06-03-2011, 10:55 AM
Damn Brian....... Looks like your recovery is well on track. Hitting some BW squats already. You are an inspiration big man. I now feel bad for moaning about being 10lbs lighter, lol.

Hold your line Hopp!!
Thanks alot Justin. I started doing some small lunges and climbing stairs yesterday. I'm gonna start doing one legged squats soon.

Really pleased about the knee for you mate
Thanks alot Kiff!!!!

Mark!
06-03-2011, 01:07 PM
Good stuff Brian, glad everything's coming along.

Brian Hopper
06-03-2011, 02:52 PM
Good stuff Brian, glad everything's coming along.

Thanks alot Mark!!!

NickAus
06-05-2011, 03:08 AM
Thanks Nick!!! I've been raised around custom cars so I hate to say it but I do have a pretty good taste in cars, lol. The one thing I hate the most is when people take beautiful old cars and put lift kits on them and big rims. I don't mind big rims on cars, just don't make it look like a monster truck.

Yep!

Dick heads here do that.......make nice old cars look cheap and nasty!

Brian Hopper
06-05-2011, 06:46 AM
Yep!

Dick heads here do that.......make nice old cars look cheap and nasty!

Oh yeah, people will spend more money on their rims then what the car is worth, lol.

Tim K
06-05-2011, 06:47 AM
That is how we spot the crack dealers down here. $400 car with $4,000 worth of tires and rims.

Brian Hopper
06-05-2011, 06:53 AM
That is how we spot the crack dealers down here. $400 car with $4,000 worth of tires and rims.

Exactly, lol.

Off Road
06-05-2011, 06:57 AM
That's nothing. My Jeep looks like a complete pile of crap, but has $3,000 tires and wheels on it. Shoot, just looking at it, you'd never guess I had about $50,000 wrapped up in it :)

Brian Hopper
06-05-2011, 07:00 AM
I've been wanting to take my son to a baseball game ever since he fell in love with the movie "The Sandlot" and since he started playing teeball. Well, yesterday at his teeball game, his coach gave all the kids free tickets to a minor league baseball game here in town. So we went last and we had alot of fun. I've never been to a baseball game either, so it was an experience for the entire family. Then they were giving out a ticket for a free admission for the whole family for Monday nights game, and it sucks because I go back to work on Monday or else we would go.

Off Road
06-05-2011, 07:02 AM
I bet your kid absolutely loved the game. I bet you had a blast taking him. Outings with the kids are best!

Brian Hopper
06-05-2011, 07:04 AM
That's nothing. My Jeep looks like a complete pile of crap, but has $3,000 tires and wheels on it. Shoot, just looking at it, you'd never guess I had about $50,000 wrapped up in it :)

IMO, that's totally different. I can't really explain it, but in my eyes I look at them differently, lol.

Brian Hopper
06-05-2011, 07:07 AM
I bet your kid absolutely loved the game. I bet you had a blast taking him. Outings with the kids are best!

They both had fun, especially after the fire work show. Outings are the best, and I'm looking forward to take them to another game.

Brian C
06-05-2011, 08:52 AM
Up here, every home Phillies game is like game 7 of the world series. Philly lives and dies sports. Nothing better than taking the family and hanging out with a drink and just relaxing in the sun. Some of the best times. Glad you got to experience it.

Brian Hopper
06-05-2011, 03:03 PM
Up here, every home Phillies game is like game 7 of the world series. Philly lives and dies sports. Nothing better than taking the family and hanging out with a drink and just relaxing in the sun. Some of the best times. Glad you got to experience it.

I can't imagine how crazy it gets, lol. Thanks B, hopefully we'll be able to go see another game here soon.

joey54
06-05-2011, 06:47 PM

Philly sporting events aren't exactly family friendly. Phillies games aren't too bad, but there are still a lot of drunken fools. Eagles games are examples of the absolute worst of humanity.

Brian, surprised you never went to a game before. No interest previously?

Brian C
06-05-2011, 09:17 PM
Philly sporting events aren't exactly family friendly. Phillies games aren't too bad, but there are still a lot of drunken fools. Eagles games are examples of the absolute worst of humanity.

Ill name a dozen stadiums worse. Been an Eagles season ticket holder for 13 years and been to just about every NFL town. Philly is pretty mellow compared to a lot of stadiums. San Fran and Dodgers Stadium we were threatened to be killed by gang members(which is there whole fan base in the upper levels basically) and in LA 2 Philly fans were robbed, beaten and hospitalized. Philly isnt as bad as they say. Ive worked inside of the Phillies dugouts in Citibank park for 4 years and know everything that has happened in that stadium. Nothing even close to this.

NickAus
06-05-2011, 10:40 PM
You guys seen the English Football fans? Hard case guys! They riot often and smash up the whole town lol! Smash up the town they live in ha ha ha!

In Aus our sports games stay pretty friendly on the whole.

john o
06-06-2011, 12:40 AM
Glad you are getting to enjoy some things Brian.

Brian C
06-06-2011, 07:56 AM
You guys seen the English Football fans? Hard case guys! They riot often and smash up the whole town lol! Smash up the town they live in ha ha ha!

In Aus our sports games stay pretty friendly on the whole.

American football fans are childsplay compared to English football fans!

-JM-
06-06-2011, 08:30 AM
You guys seen the English Football fans

Scumbags. I think the only thing worse than being English is being an English football 'fan'.

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRHdVxin9LyknHpaYW336RkEhYHGgetD

Lowest life form.

Brian Hopper
06-06-2011, 09:15 AM

I'm not sure why i've never gone to any big events, lol. I think the biggest televised event i've gone to was the NHRA Gaternationals.

Brian Hopper
06-06-2011, 09:25 AM
I think Italians take their racing more serious then anybody, lol.

Brian Hopper
06-06-2011, 09:34 AM
Monday
06-06-11
Back & Knee Rehab

Warm-up
Bike-15 minutes

DB-SLDL
20x15
30x15
40x15

Pulldowns
100x15
100x15
100x15

Close grip pulldowns
100x15
100x15
100x15

Facepulls
30x15
30x15
30x15

DB shrugs
50x20
60x20
70x20
50x20

Knee rehab

Seated leg press machine
10x20
50x20
50x20

Squats
BWx15
22.5x15
30x15

Step-ups
2x10

TKE's w/ green band
2x15

Brian C
06-06-2011, 09:38 AM
Way to go Bri. Great to see you back in. I just saw your BW squat vid on youtube. Looking really good!

Brian Hopper
06-06-2011, 09:40 AM
So far it's been a month and I decided to take a video of me doing some bodyweight squats and i'll do the same next month and track my progress.

vRaog9tqs60

Brian Hopper
06-06-2011, 09:41 AM
Way to go Bri. Great to see you back in. I just saw your BW squat vid on youtube. Looking really good!

Thanks alot B!!!

Tim K
06-06-2011, 09:55 AM
Squats looked high... no shoes... I'm sure you were wearing triple ply, denim/Kevlar/canvas suit under those shorts. C'mon... real men go ATG and raw.

Great to see you hitting squats again! Great to hear you're back in the gym! Awesome job Bri!

MarcusWild
06-06-2011, 10:47 AM
The squats look good. I'm sure you'll have full ROM back soon.

joey54
06-06-2011, 01:40 PM
Looks like some good movement already.

Brian Hopper
06-06-2011, 02:04 PM
Squats looked high... no shoes... I'm sure you were wearing triple ply, denim/Kevlar/canvas suit under those shorts. C'mon... real men go ATG and raw.

Great to see you hitting squats again! Great to hear you're back in the gym! Awesome job Bri!

My briefs were cutting me off, lol.

Thanks alot Tim, it felt good to get back in the gym.

Brian Hopper
06-06-2011, 02:07 PM
The squats look good. I'm sure you'll have full ROM back soon.

Thanks Marcus, I try not to hold onto anything but I still do just in case, lol.

Brian Hopper
06-06-2011, 02:10 PM
Looks like some good movement already.

Yeah, it feels good more and more each day.

Kiff
06-06-2011, 02:22 PM
So far it's been a month and I decided to take a video of me doing some bodyweight squats and i'll do the same next month and track my progress.

vRaog9tqs60

Looking stable mate, how are you at a slower speed? I know whenever i rehab injuries doing things at 40% speed of normal really helped to build the stability muscles and the control...Just my 0.02$

Brian Hopper
06-06-2011, 03:44 PM
Looking stable mate, how are you at a slower speed? I know whenever i rehab injuries doing things at 40% speed of normal really helped to build the stability muscles and the control...Just my 0.02$

Thanks, I feel a little stable. I really haven't tried slowing it down, I'll try that tomorrow.

NickAus
06-06-2011, 03:47 PM
Looking awesome Tank!!

Good stuff!!

Brian Hopper
06-06-2011, 04:05 PM
Looking awesome Tank!!

Good stuff!!

Thanks Nick!!!

Off Road
06-06-2011, 05:31 PM
It hurts just to watch that.

Brian Hopper
06-06-2011, 05:45 PM
It hurts just to watch that.

Haha. Is that a good thing or bad thing? lol

HJP
06-07-2011, 02:48 AM
Awesome to see you squatting man! You are recovering well and can't wait to see how much progress occurs over the next month with so much progress happening already. Keep at the rehab Brian!

-JM-
06-07-2011, 03:27 AM
Great to see you making such big strides with your recovery, Hopp. You're a determined sonofabitch. Class!

Off Road
06-07-2011, 07:13 AM
Haha. Is that a good thing or bad thing? lol
Well, if you are anything like me, it just pisses me off when there's a bodypart that isn't functioning properly. I used to get scared by re-occurring back injuries, but now I just get pissed because it takes me out of what I want. So I end up pushing through the rehab and it hurts like a bitch. I can just imagine you are going through some of the same stuff.

Brian Hopper
06-07-2011, 09:59 AM
Awesome to see you squatting man! You are recovering well and can't wait to see how much progress occurs over the next month with so much progress happening already. Keep at the rehab Brian!

Thanks alot HJP!!!!

Brian Hopper
06-07-2011, 10:01 AM
Great to see you making such big strides with your recovery, Hopp. You're a determined sonofabitch. Class!

Thanks Justin, I am determined :)

Brian Hopper
06-07-2011, 10:06 AM
Well, if you are anything like me, it just pisses me off when there's a bodypart that isn't functioning properly. I used to get scared by re-occurring back injuries, but now I just get pissed because it takes me out of what I want. So I end up pushing through the rehab and it hurts like a bitch. I can just imagine you are going through some of the same stuff.

I guess I must be like you then, because everytime I do these squats it hurts inside because I want to get under a bar so bad. I want to chalk up my hands so damn bad and grip a deadlift bar, but I can't and it sucks. But I got to get over that and fight through this rehab and make it stronger. Staying positive, and seeing all these positve comments is helping me get through this.

Brian Hopper
06-07-2011, 10:22 AM
Tuesday
06-07-11
Chest & Triceps

Warm-up
Bike-15 minutes

Bench press
Each set was done with a different grip
BARx10
BARx10
135x6
135x6
185x6
185x6
185x6
These two sets were done with index finger on smooth
135x10
135x10

DB incline presses
At the top of each rep I would turn my hands in and my palms would then face me at the top....I hope this makes sense,lol
40x15
40x15....I stopped here because I got an uncomfortable pump in my chest

Dips
BWx10
BWx10
BWx10

Nose breakers
65x10
85x10
105x10

One-arm overhead DB extensions
20x10
25x10
30x10

Knee Rehab

Seated leg press machine
50x15
60x15
60x15

Squats
Holding a DB between my legs
27.5x10
35x10
35x10

Step-ups
2x15

TKE's w/ a green band
2x15....each leg

At home

Leg raises
6lbs each leg for 3x10

Side leg raises
6lbs each leg for 3x10

Then I finished off with some stretches.

Coke
06-07-2011, 11:14 AM
Really happy to see you back at it bro!!

Brian Hopper
06-07-2011, 01:18 PM
Really happy to see you back at it bro!!

Thanks alot Coke!!!!

Off Road
06-07-2011, 02:34 PM
Coming back fast. Best of luck.

GazzyG
06-07-2011, 02:59 PM
Great work Brian! Must be feeling chuffed to be getting some mobility back in that knee!!

Brian Hopper
06-07-2011, 04:26 PM
Coming back fast. Best of luck.

Thanks alot OR!!!