PDA

View Full Version : 1g/lb for carbs?

spectralshadow
07-14-2009, 05:52 PM
Does anyone follow this for a cutting diet?

I've been getting anywhere from 1.5 to 2g per lb of carbs [around 30-35g fiber] and I've been maintaining my weight [which is what I want], and I've still been extremely hungry. Two days ago I ate over 3k cals in a sitting and I was still completely starving [meal totaled 138 total fat, 400 carbs, 149 protein, 3.4k cals]. I'm not starving myself, by any means. I'm just trying to watch my carb intake to keep it at 1g/lb, but it's not satisfying my hunger.

I'm just curious if anyone has followed this before, and how it impacted weight gain / muscle mass? My protein is sticking to about 1g to 1.5g / lb of my weight, and fat is about .8 of my weight.

I just wish my Nitrean would get here. =[
Late orders ftl.

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
07-14-2009, 08:26 PM
I've never heard of that rule ever.

BigCorey75
07-14-2009, 09:50 PM
when cutting, or just eating right in general, cut out the carbs to drop the fat the quickest.

everyone is different when it comes to carb intake, so eat a meat high in protein and fat, and a meal high in protein and carbs and which ever one u feel energize after thats how you eat for your body type.

most people will drop lots of weight by lowering carbs to lower than 100grams per day

where did u get the 1 gram of carb per pound of bodyweight when cutting? ive heard it for bulking but never cutting

spectralshadow
07-15-2009, 05:41 AM
http://forums.johnstonefitness.com/showthread.php?t=41991

Under macronutrient ratios.
He says "The next macronutrient to consider is carbs. Carbs can either be kept high or low. To begin with, I personally prefer to keep them around 1g/lb of bodyweight when cutting and 1.5g/lb of bodyweight when bulking. Some people will do more carbs and some will do less carbs but that is part of something I will say later though."

I ate a meal of protein and fat earlier; it felt like a completely empty meal [about 1000 cals]. But if I stack on carbs, I feel fine. So I guess I'll try that again ha.

Optimum08
07-15-2009, 07:41 AM
It all depends on your body type and how you personally handle carbs.

I have been cutting on around 100-120g carbs/day and feel good, but I know that I personally don't need/handle carbs that well. More than half of my daily carb intake is structured around my workout.

hintsas5
07-15-2009, 08:40 PM
dont people normally try to shoot for a 40carb/30fat/30protein percentage? or is that generally used for bulking and not cutting?