PDA

View Full Version : First squat suit came in, some questions

BFGUITAR
07-15-2009, 11:11 AM
First let me say I was unable to actually put the suit on. I got a super centurion. I am not using the shirt until my second competition but was just curious to put it on. I got it almost up... I was barely able to put on one strap. The other strap I knew wasn't coming on unless I had someone help me or some leverage. I also knew once I got it on getting it off would be a problem. Some things I have noticed...

It seems as if my thighs dont fill the legs completely. It wasn't loose but it wasn't tight either... I could still force my fingers under. I didn't get the suit fully on so I dont know if getting the suit up that last 2-3 inches makes the difference. I guess well see when I actually put it on.

The crotch as well didn't really allow my legs to open up. The squat stance I normally use was just about the widest I could go in the suit. Again I think this is just because I didn't put the suit on fully.

I think using the suit is going to fun! I am excited to see how it all works.

Reko
07-15-2009, 11:27 AM
its a huge difference once you get it all the way on, you should be abel to get your feet wider then. That is about how all suits go. With someone helping you get it seated, it shoudl go on easier.

If you get it up all the way you may be able to get both straps on yourself also.

rbtrout
07-15-2009, 11:31 AM
I'm not a suit expert by any sense of the word, but I know you do have to get it on fully before you'll know if it fits correctly and/or lets you set your stance correctly. I prefer not using one. Most of the other guys here will be able to help you more. Good luck with it, I hope you do well.

Detard
07-15-2009, 11:59 AM
Your gonna need to get it all the way up before you try to squat heavy.It's pretty tough to push your knees out when it's not all the way on.

BigTallOx
07-15-2009, 12:45 PM
It seems as if my thighs dont fill the legs completely. It wasn't loose but it wasn't tight either... I could still force my fingers under. I didn't get the suit fully on so I dont know if getting the suit up that last 2-3 inches makes the difference. I guess well see when I actually put it on.
The crotch as well didn't really allow my legs to open up. The squat stance I normally use was just about the widest I could go in the suit. Again I think this is just because I didn't put the suit on fully.

Yup, it's because you don't have it all the way on. I get mine on by my self by putting the straps on the J-hooks of the power rack and hanging and working myself into it.

Just curious, what suit did you get?

BFGUITAR
07-15-2009, 12:55 PM
Yup, it's because you don't have it all the way on. I get mine on by my self by putting the straps on the J-hooks of the power rack and hanging and working myself into it.

Just curious, what suit did you get?

Super centurion :).

Clifford Gillmore
07-15-2009, 01:08 PM
Get some suit-slippers/garbage bags, then put the straps through a barbell - rack the barbell and jump around...

barbell01
07-15-2009, 04:40 PM
if you got it that far on, you should be able to finish. just hang from the smith machine and do lunges and stuff. have somebody help you put the straps up so you can put them high on your traps. should be alot of fun working it in!

danmac
07-15-2009, 06:43 PM
Super centurion :).

Nice, let us know how you like it. Im in the market for some gear after this meet as well.

Are you gearing up at all for saturday?

Also i was talking to barry and I hear there are 4 guys in our class. I am pumped!

BFGUITAR
07-15-2009, 06:48 PM
Nice, let us know how you like it. Im in the market for some gear after this meet as well.

Are you gearing up at all for saturday?

Also i was talking to barry and I hear there are 4 guys in our class. I am pumped!

I will not be gearing up aside from wraps and a belt saturday. The suit is for the London meet. Only 4? That's awesome! Maybe ill get a trophy haha.

danmac
07-15-2009, 06:56 PM
I will not be gearing up aside from wraps and a belt saturday. The suit is for the London meet. Only 4? That's awesome! Maybe ill get a trophy haha.

Hahah 4 is a ton, there was like 1 or 2 last year! Remember its junior. I think there's 75 lifters overall.

I hope i do well too, but i know i am going up against guys in gear so im ok with getting destroyed. My goal for this is to qualify for october, anything else is just icing.

BFGUITAR
07-15-2009, 07:07 PM
Hahah 4 is a ton, there was like 1 or 2 last year! Remember its junior. I think there's 75 lifters overall.

I hope i do well too, but i know i am going up against guys in gear so im ok with getting destroyed. My goal for this is to qualify for october, anything else is just icing.

I have the strength to qualify for october but the big guys want to tone me down for this competition as it's my first. I guess they know best. Well you and me aren't in gear so that's 50% lol.

danmac
07-15-2009, 07:26 PM
I have the strength to qualify for october but the big guys want to tone me down for this competition as it's my first. I guess they know best. Well you and me aren't in gear so that's 50% lol.

Lets just hope the other two guys are having the same discussion on some other forum haha.