PDA

View Full Version : What do you guys think about my Westside routine?

pmm10990
07-15-2009, 12:25 PM
This is my first time ever making my own routine, so I'm giving it a shot. I'm sure i did something wrong, so if you guys could take a look and give me some tips, it would be much appreciated. :thumbup:
Monday ME Bench
ME Movement: Week 1- Flat Bench (Triples up to 1rm)
Week 2- 2 Brd
Week 3- 3 Brd
Week 4- Floor Press
Tricep Movement: JM Presses 3x5
Shoulder Movement: Military Press 3x5
Lat Movement: Fat man Pull-ups 3x10
Abs: Weighted Sit-ups 3x Failure

Tuesday DE Squat
DE Movement: Box Squat (8 sets of 3 off bench)
Hamstring Movement: Reverse Hypers 3x failure
Lower back Movement: GMs 3x5
Abs: Decline sit-ups 3x failure
Biceps: Curls 3x5

Thurs DE Bench
DE Movement: Flat Bench (9 sets of 3, changing grips)
Tricep Movement: Rolling Extensions
Shoulder Movement: Side Raises
Lat Movement: Lat Pull down
Abs: Weighted Sit-ups

Friday ME Squat
ME Movement: Week 1: Squat
Week2: Dead lift
Week 3: Front Squat
Week 4: Squat
Hamstring Movement: Reverse Hyper 3x Failure
Lower back Movement: GMs 3x10
Abs: Decline Sit-ups 3x failure
Biceps: Curls 3x5

MarcusWild
07-15-2009, 03:10 PM
Definitely add an extra tricep exercise on both bench days. DE squat should be sets of 2 reps not 3. Also, you should do some kind of deadlift on DE squat day. Don't get completely locked into your accessory work. Those should rotate every 2-3 weeks even if it's just different ways to hit the same muscles.

JasonLift
07-15-2009, 06:36 PM
Well I am not going to say its the right way, but me personally after my ME or DE main lifts I did a supplemental lift for some heavy work sets.

For example last week we did 3 board presses working heavy singles. After we finished this we went to flat dumbell presses 4 sets of 6 reps.

On my DE day I did my 8 sets of 3 then did 4 sets of 12 reps on dumbell presses.

I am a bit different in that I rotate DE and Rep outs on that day but I still do a supplemental lift afterwards. On my ME day I keep the reps low and go higher on the DE (or RE) day. And it is not always dumbell work though I do like dumbells since I can work with a greater range of motion.

I still do a tricep movement next, then usually hit lats and upper back and finish with tricep pressdowns. I always do rotator work before and after benching, but have a seperate shoulder day.

vdizenzo
07-15-2009, 07:24 PM
Raw or equipped?

pmm10990
07-16-2009, 12:23 AM
ok ill add an extrat tri movement, nd i dont rly deadlift because i am a thower, and i have heard they reduce explosive power, but im not sure. I am a raw lifter( i dont even have wraps, and just a normal weight lifting belt).

pmm10990
07-16-2009, 12:41 PM
Bump. I would really like some input from you guys, I want to do it right.

Sean S
07-16-2009, 01:30 PM
ok ill add an extrat tri movement, nd i dont rly deadlift because i am a thower, and i have heard they reduce explosive power, but im not sure. I am a raw lifter( i dont even have wraps, and just a normal weight lifting belt).

First of all, DL's aren't going to reduce power capabilities. Second, adding some speed pulls after squats on DE day might increase your power output. I would also put the bicep work on my bench days, but that's not a critical step.

pmm10990
07-16-2009, 11:03 PM
ok I will add them. i just wasnt sure thats all, should i just put them in? or should i taken something else out first?
any other suggestions guys?

Sean S
07-17-2009, 07:16 AM
ok I will add them. i just wasnt sure thats all, should i just put them in? or should i taken something else out first?
any other suggestions guys?

I think you could get rid of the GM's on DE day and add in speed pulls. You're still doing reverse hypers, so you will still get the low back work you need.

pmm10990
07-17-2009, 01:24 PM
ok ill do that, wat should the set/rep scheme for the speed pulls be? singles? or doubles like the squats?

MarcusWild
07-17-2009, 01:59 PM
Speed pulls are 8-12 singles. It's best if you can do them against bands or chains. I think you need a heavy barbell movement after your ME squat movement too. Pick something different than the ME movement and work up to a heavy set of 5 on it.

pmm10990
07-17-2009, 11:14 PM
I wish i could use bands and chains but i dont have any, im lifting at home and dont have the money to buy em yet. I'm still trying to get wraps nd a good belt lol. And i will add the extra movement, do you have any idea what i could use? Mind you all i have is and olympic bar, a old rack from the ninties, 300 lbs of weight, a bench with a leg curl/ extention attachment, and some adjustable dumbells, oh and an ez curl.