PDA

View Full Version : need a little help, a little confusion when it comes to cutting diet.

hintsas5
07-16-2009, 11:28 AM
Just a few quick questions.

is it a good idea to stick to a 40/30/30 diet while cutting? or should i be lowering the carbs a bit during my cut?

is 40/30/30 usually just for a bulking plan? or is it what i should shoot for while cutting as well?

Optimum08
07-16-2009, 12:30 PM
You can use that ratio when you are cutting or bulking--its just a way to structure macros within a limited caloric amount--but cals in versus cals out is all that generally matters in losing or gaining weight.

Its a fine ratio-more for bulking-because carb intake tends to stimulate appetite, which is why lots of people like to cut carbs when they are cutting plus the fact that they are basically non-essential.

Pav
07-16-2009, 01:55 PM
Just a few quick questions.

is it a good idea to stick to a 40/30/30 diet while cutting? or should i be lowering the carbs a bit during my cut?

is 40/30/30 usually just for a bulking plan? or is it what i should shoot for while cutting as well?

my cutting diet is like 60 30 and 10.. im currently 5 weeks into the cut.. dropped about 4% BF and am dying on such a low carb diet

hintsas5
07-16-2009, 03:05 PM
You can use that ratio when you are cutting or bulking--its just a way to structure macros within a limited caloric amount--but cals in versus cals out is all that generally matters in losing or gaining weight.

Its a fine ratio-more for bulking-because carb intake tends to stimulate appetite, which is why lots of people like to cut carbs when they are cutting plus the fact that they are basically non-essential.

thanks man i'll probably stick to around the 40carb/30pro/30fat ratio then, this is what i was doing, i just wasnt sure if this was generally for only bulking and not cutting. good to hear it'll work for both.

Shay
07-16-2009, 08:59 PM
im doing 50/30/20. Its working fairly well. Some days I end up 50/25/25.