PDA

View Full Version : time to lose weight

mekanizm3
07-16-2009, 08:01 PM
hey guys this is my first post. ive been lurking and tonight i felt really down about my size and decided enough was enough. i am looking to start a diet that will help me lose weight as fast as possible in combination with my workout. im looking into buying nitrean and im unsure how i should implement it into my diet and what i should then base my diet on. im currently 6ft 298

dynamo
07-16-2009, 08:24 PM
whats your routine?

Trainwreck
07-16-2009, 08:36 PM
Eat below maintenance, lift hard, 1g protein per pound of lean body mass.

mekanizm3
07-17-2009, 11:28 PM
well i try to keep the lifting to a minimum, i want to lose the weight not bulk up yet. currently i go to the gym and do 20 on the bike 30 walking on the treadmill then i use the machines for my upper body then hop back on the treadmill for another 20 to 30 mins depending on the time and my mood.

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
07-17-2009, 11:59 PM
Why do you want to keep the lifting to a minimum? You're not going to "bulk up"... that takes a lot of hard work... not to mention you're trying to lose weight... so you're not going to "bulk up" on a caloric deficit. You need to work your way into a strength training routine. Keep your workouts short and heavy. Keep your protein intake high. This way you'll hold onto as much muscle as possible while losing weight. You'll also burn more calories doing a strength training routine.

Cut with the cardio. You're going to see better results with a consistent schedule of strength training and a proper diet. Diet is crucial here. If you're looking for instant results, you're not going to find them. Changing your body takes time, patience, and consistent effort. Low carb dieting such as the Atkins might interest you as you drop weight fairly quickly at the beginning, but then tapers off into normal weight loss.

You should be strength training 3 times a week, and if you want to do cardio, do it on your non-lifting days. Try and stay away from machines as much as possible. Free weights are where it's at.

Again... diet is CRUCIAL here... what is your current diet like?

Here are some links you should check out... and read as much as humanly possible ~>

http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/showthread.php?t=99119
http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/showthread.php?t=124795
http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/showthread.php?t=99116

mekanizm3
07-18-2009, 08:20 AM
my current diet is there is none. last summer i did atkins plus the routine above and i dropped about 40 lbs. this is part of the reason why i want to impliment nitrean so i can begin to figure out a diet plan. can you explain the difference between the machines and free weights please

ZenFitness
07-18-2009, 08:24 AM
I am by no means an expert, but I would suggest throwing out the "fast as possible". Losing as much weight as you want means a complete lifestyle change, and that will take time in terms of results. Exercise patience! I dropped about 30 - 35 lbs. and it took me a year to do it... I changed my diet over that year, my exercise, and all kinds of stuff.

It also may help to find things that contribute to well being mentally. I personally find yoga good for that, but I do think that finding peace in your mind will help find peace in your body.

mekanizm3
07-18-2009, 12:17 PM
when i said as fast as possible i meant in terms of effectiveness but safely. im not trying to drop 100 lbs in 4 months, i understand the process. i understand things dont happen overnight and i dont want loose skin so im pacing myself. im actually using the gym as stress relief right now, the weight loss has become secondary. any suggestions on a diet with the nitrean? like when should i take it? etc?