my current plan is as follow on

7am: 1 can of tuna with 2 slices of bread
or mix the tuna with scrambled eggs.

10-11am: 3 scoops of reflex of instant whey in semi skimmed milk

1pm: tuna steak in bun

4pm: tuna steak in bun

~6pm: 3 scoops of reflex of instant whey in semi skimmed milk

7-8pm: chicken with rice/pasta.

10-11pm: chicken/tuna steak with barbecue sauce.

the steaks and tuna cans contain about 35g of protein.

on the weekends, i have pasta instead of buns. it's just too inconvenient for me to bring pasta to office and heat it up etc.

before i started eating properly, which was ~3 weeks ago, i was ~62kg, now i'm ~66kg.

the only thing that really concerns me is my stomach, it's constantly looking big, especially after the 2nd tuna steak. it's alway bloated.

also, how often should i try to increase the weight.

many thanks

joey54
07-18-2009, 02:49 PM
That is a lot of tuna to eat each day. Why not vary your protein sources? Where are your vegetables? Why not use some better complex carb sources like oats, yams, brown rice, or even potatoes?

mob
07-19-2009, 06:26 AM
That is a lot of tuna to eat each day. Why not vary your protein sources? Where are your vegetables? Why not use some better complex carb sources like oats, yams, brown rice, or even potatoes?

but how is the intake? i'm ~5"8 at 66kg. is it too much or too little.

i have vegetables at night with the

7-8pm: chicken with rice/pasta.

I do have potatoes sometimes at

10-11pm: chicken/tuna steak with barbecue sauce.

but in general what do people think?

Trainwreck
07-19-2009, 06:33 AM
That looks like a lot of carbs with little fat to me. Like joey said, change it up a little.

AJ_H
07-19-2009, 07:33 AM
its hard to know whether that is enough intake calorie wise without knowing your maintenance but @ 66kg, sounds about right for most people. Are you very active outside bodybuilding/whatever weightlifting type sport you do? Like others have said enough tuna already. Eating that much tuna is not actually that good for your believe it or not. Plus you will get very bored of that diet, believe me.

joey54
07-19-2009, 08:01 AM
its hard to know whether that is enough intake calorie wise without knowing your maintenance but @ 66kg, sounds about right for most people. Are you very active outside bodybuilding/whatever weightlifting type sport you do? Like others have said enough tuna already. Eating that much tuna is not actually that good for your believe it or not. Plus you will get very bored of that diet, believe me.

Last sentence here is spot on. OP shoot for at least 145 gms of protein per day, if not even about 220 depending on how much size you want to put on. That number will have to adjust as you gain weight.

mob
07-20-2009, 08:32 AM
i prepare my two protein shake with milk before i go to work and consume them whilst at the office. i was told this is bad, could someone tell me why please.

i forgot to add; i can't prepare the drinks in the office.

mob
07-21-2009, 09:11 AM
i'm aiming to get 75kg-80kg. will this diet get me there?