PDA

View Full Version : Oly Training Routines

gymbo
07-19-2009, 08:58 AM
I am looking for some Oly specific training routines. If anyone has links or the likes please help me out.

TY.

ZenMonkey
07-19-2009, 11:13 AM
It depends on your goals. If you want to compete then your routine will depend on how much you squat. If you have a big squat then you can begin focus on the O lifts; if you dont have a big enough squat then you need to get that up first and slowly work on O lift form without trying to add weight.

Here is a basic setup based on the Texas Method loading pattern:

Snatch 5-7x2 @ 85% of last max
Snatch Aux Movement 3x3 (weight within 10% of max)
Squat 5x3
Push or Pull Accessory

Clean and Jerk 5-7x2 @ 85% of last max
C &J Aux Movement 3x3 (weight within 10% of max)
Front Squat 3x3
Push or Pull Accessory

Snatch to a heavy single
Clean and Jerk to a heavy single
Squat to a heavy double or triple

Check out the videos in the Texas Method Sticky in the BB section for form stuff.

Buy: Weightlifting, Olympic Style by Tommy Kono

Auburn
07-19-2009, 01:43 PM
Depends on your goals and training advancement. If you're training without a Coach and want to focus on weightlifting, just use the Mike's Gym WOD as your base.

gymbo
07-21-2009, 09:57 AM
I am currently basing it off uuuuuu.qwa.org/programs/content.asp website. (dang can't post active links ... miss my old account)

My squat is decent but not stellar, talking 170 at 80kg body weight. I have done more but those are current.

I want a trainable routine to up my numbers and change my focus in lifting. Having never seen a oly routine I do not know where to start. Also have decent training, nothing like competition level but ..

I am not planning on competing or anything. Training patterns are just too broken up with work getting in the way.