PDA

View Full Version : Dynamic Floor Press

NickAus
07-19-2009, 10:27 PM
Hello everyone,

Anyone tried Dynamic Floor Presses with or without bands/chains?
I have read that a few at Westside Barbell have used them and also some other gyms too, thought they may be good for a while to save the joints.
For me the bar stops 3" off chest with Floor Presses if that helps.

Thanks for your help!

barbell01
07-20-2009, 05:06 AM
i like them, i dont think they help any with the joints though

slashkills
07-20-2009, 08:44 AM
I was recently thinking about including these into my workout as well. Are there more benifits from the DE floor press compared to the plain old DE bench? I would think it would help improve speed off your chest more than DE bench.

Clifford Gillmore
07-20-2009, 09:24 AM
Make sure you put some foam down nick, you can really drop the weight a bit faster.

NickAus
07-20-2009, 04:32 PM
Make sure you put some foam down nick, you can really drop the weight a bit faster.

That's a good idea, will do.

NickAus
07-20-2009, 04:36 PM
I was recently thinking about including these into my workout as well. Are there more benifits from the DE floor press compared to the plain old DE bench? I would think it would help improve speed off your chest more than DE bench.

Need some of the experts to jump in with their thoughts.

mikesbench
07-21-2009, 05:53 PM
I like mixing this in sometimes. Can help if your bench setup is really taxing on your lower back / hips like mine is. It gives you a little break from that setup.

NickAus
07-23-2009, 01:13 AM
Good point, thanks for the idea's everyone.

Travis Bell
07-23-2009, 03:45 AM
We don't use floor press for DE work really at all any longer.

However I do use it as an ascessory lift a lot and it does help

It's just too difficult to move the weight quick enough for it to be considered DE work

JasonLift
07-23-2009, 04:17 AM
This may sound crazy but I noticed with floor presses I cannot seem to find my groove until I get to about 70% of my max or more (thus making it not ideal for speed work). Its almost like it gets easier as the weight gets heavier until a certain point.