PDA

View Full Version : Fat loss

powerpeppiness
07-20-2009, 12:58 AM
I have recently gained somme weight and I'm looking for books, websites, that people have used to lose weight. Basically looking for a diet to follow with recipes that I can make and follow. Was thinking about getting the anabolic solution for powerlifters but was not sure.

Adam-7
07-20-2009, 01:05 AM
Check out The Eat Clean Diet for Men. It was published by Robert Kennedy. I am reading through it now. It is really decent and gives tips on how to eat for muscle and strength as well as cutting weight. I can't give a full review because I am still reading it myself, but so far it is one of the better ones I have read.

Andre518
07-20-2009, 05:18 AM
Adam-7 thanks for the info sounds like a good book to check out I will look in to that one for sure.

powerpeppiness Ihave been cutting weight for a few months now using Power Eating Second Edition by Susan Kleiner. It has a few recipes in the back but it really focusing on how to keep track of your carb, protein, and fat intake for what ever your trying to do weather it is lose weight, maintain weight, or bulid muscle. I have lost 28lbs over the last four months without much loss of muscle or mass. I really like this book and was thinking of checking out the the new version soon. Good Luck.

Andre518
07-20-2009, 05:42 AM
If you decie to check out Power Eating FitDay.com is a great site to help you keep track of your cals, protein, carbs, and fat.

getting_big
07-21-2009, 02:26 AM
Those are some pretty impressive results Andre! I need to cut about 10 pounds but was just going to add some cardio in the mornings. It worked in the past and I never bothered much for weight loss diets. Maybe I'll check this out. The older I get the harder it seems to lose weight. I'd be happy with ten pounds in the next 6 weeks.

Optimum08
07-21-2009, 07:16 AM
Anything by Lyle McDonald is a great place to start with regards to dieting.

powerpeppiness
07-21-2009, 06:55 PM
Thanks guys all the help is appreciated. Now on to my fat loos journey

Adam-7
07-22-2009, 12:46 AM
Thanks guys all the help is appreciated. Now on to my fat loos journey

Good luck man!

Bernard
08-13-2009, 10:11 PM
Thank you for the informative post.

The body not only needs mental activity but also physical activities as well. Without proper exercise, the calories and other bad fat are not burned and tend to stay inside the body in the form of fats.

A lot of gyms and fitness centers offer fitness training courses that can be very helpful to someone who wants fat loss. These training programs offer activities that are sure to burn those fats away.

Kameron
08-17-2009, 05:13 AM
Cardio exercises are not effective workouts for losing fat. Research has it that it could last a year to lose about 5 pounds if you spend 60 minutes daily doing it. The 5 most efficient exercises to lose body fat if done properly are single-leg exercises, squatting, pressing, pulling and total ab exercises. These fives are among the best exercises to lose weight.

crystalr0w3
08-17-2009, 09:25 PM
You can have the Interval Training and Carb Rotation Diet which was thoroughly discussed in "Flab and Fat Away" e-book by Dr. Rose Windale. She believes in the power of nutrition that you can get naturally from fruits and vegetables together with exercise to burn those unwanted fats. I tried it and it really worked for me. :-)

Off Road
08-17-2009, 09:45 PM
Try the "eat less and move more" diet.

I don't believe in fancy-shmancy diets. I think you should develop good eating habits that will last a lifetime. I also think daily exercise is important for health and to burn unwanted calories.

LuNa
08-18-2009, 12:08 AM
Try the "eat less and move more" diet.

I don't believe in fancy-shmancy diets. I think you should develop good eating habits that will last a lifetime. I also think daily exercise is important for health and to burn unwanted calories.

Completely agree with this post. If you do not develop these habits you are very lickely to put on the weight that was lost and more after you stop the radical diet. Take your time, develop a lifestyle and loose the fat.

Maria06
08-18-2009, 03:01 AM
Diets are an essential variable that should be controlled. The excess food intake especially with unnecessary elements can give you more pain in the long run. Sugar and fatty substance is a number one spoiler of your weight losing efforts, so better stay away from them. Some determined people actually pass on some meals, or reduce their food intake. They increase their water intake as a substitute for their previous excessive eating habits.