PDA

View Full Version : what to put in my shake? gonna go to the store to get ingrediants

JRider23
07-20-2009, 03:00 PM
hey guys.. my mom is away in Ireland and gave me 50 dollars to go out and buy some food for the next few days. I have enough food at home, so i am going to go and buy some stuff to put in my protein shake.

Right now, my shake is extremely simple. All i use is some OJ or mango drink that i have, whatever fruits are available (bannanas, blueberries, strawberries, etc) and some vanilla whey or soy protein powder.

It tastes amazing, but i know i can put some more protein into my shake. Any ideas on what i can make and what i should get?

Thanks.. Also, the blender we have isn't too big, so i can't fit too much in there.

ZenFitness
07-20-2009, 03:18 PM
Edamame (frozen) can be good (not sure how cheap it is). Also frozen spinach and green beans. Frozen veggies don't add much flavor (a little bit of earthiness) but you can pack in some good nutrients.

Avocados are good too but not sure how that's going to keep it on the cheap for you. Surprisingly, an avocado-banana-milk smoothie is awesome tasting. Bananas and mangos are good to sweeten things, and I also occasionally will splash cranberry juice (just be sure it is 100% juice, not the corn syrup stuff - nix any "juice" or "drink" that is not 100% juice).

Big Jay
07-20-2009, 03:19 PM
depends on your goals.
e.g bulking and want more cals; milk, peanut butter, olive oil, ground oats, ice cream etc etc

if u search you'll find a ton of ideas.

Unreal
07-20-2009, 03:48 PM
Cottage cheese, peanut butter, ice cream, yogurt, ricotta, egg whites, oats, cereal, cookies, berries, etc

Whatever you think taste good.

JRider23
07-20-2009, 09:03 PM
thx guys..

just did a search on it and after a few threads, i finally hit the jackpot.. tons of shakes! going to try this tomorrow;

milk (maybe soy?)
1 scoop chocolate whey
1 spoonfull of peanut butter
1 banana

tom183
07-21-2009, 06:32 AM
^--Sounds good. Why soy milk though?