PDA

View Full Version : UD2

Yamar
07-20-2009, 05:06 PM
I'm still in the process of gaining muscle but am curious what I might do when the time comes to cut body fat. I have been doing some research and came across this- http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/ultimate-diet-20.

I guess it's a strict diet and routine as well. It sounds like something I can get into. Anyone try it?

Unreal
07-20-2009, 06:34 PM
Do a search. Tons of people do it and it works great if you stick to it. It is used for lean to get really lean so unless you 10-11% already I would stick with something more normal then use it to get from 10% to 6-7%.

Yamar
07-20-2009, 06:52 PM
I'm currently at 9%. Don't plan on getting over 12% with this bulk. Doing something "normal" I am sure I can easily get to 8% on my own. My goal is 150 lbs and 5%. I have tried to go below 8% before and it's gosh darn hard.

hintsas5
07-20-2009, 11:04 PM
I'm currently at 9%. Don't plan on getting over 12% with this bulk. Doing something "normal" I am sure I can easily get to 8% on my own. My goal is 150 lbs and 5%. I have tried to go below 8% before and it's gosh darn hard.

lots have done it around here... it is very hard to stick to and gets very repetitive, but it is a good diet.

Yamar
07-21-2009, 04:46 PM
What kind of weight lifting routine does it have you do? 3 day split? 4 day split? 5x5 type stuff or something else?

twm
07-21-2009, 05:26 PM
honestly, you need to read the book. if you refuse to do that for whatever reason, your best bet is to goto lyle mcdonald's website and read the UD2.0 forums

Unreal
07-22-2009, 08:03 AM
It has its own routine. It is very specific. Basically a depletetion, a tension, and a power workout. You need to read the book to understand how to do those.

Optimum08
07-22-2009, 10:40 AM
Read the book if you want to get the most out of UD2.0

Yamar
07-22-2009, 05:48 PM
The books ordered folks!

Thanks

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
07-22-2009, 06:12 PM
You're not going to be 5% body fat and you don't need to be 5% body fat unless you're prepping for a bodybuilding contest. 5% is not even remotely healthy if you stay that low for an extended period of time. You're approaching the body fat of a corpse at that point. Your body NEEDS fat. If you're 9% you should already be pretty lean. You may be higher than you think you are because calipers and most other basic forms of fat testing are off by 3-4% sometimes.

Optimum08
07-23-2009, 08:38 AM
You're not going to be 5% body fat and you don't need to be 5% body fat unless you're prepping for a bodybuilding contest. 5% is not even remotely healthy if you stay that low for an extended period of time. You're approaching the body fat of a corpse at that point. Your body NEEDS fat. If you're 9% you should already be pretty lean. You may be higher than you think you are because calipers and most other basic forms of fat testing are off by 3-4% sometimes.

Anything in the single digits (using accurate testing) is pretty damn low b/f, I don't think most people realize how low this is.

Yamar
07-23-2009, 06:35 PM
I used the calculator I found in someone's sig on this forum board. It took measrments from my waist, hips, forearm, and wrist. That gave me a 9%. I think it siad it was 95% accurate. I have one of those calipers and that gives me 2% so I know that's not accurate. I have no flab my fat is "under belly" fat so how the hell can one of those calirpers amout to anything?

Perhaps as I put on some muscle things will start to fill out. I just want to be cut, that's all. I can care less what % of bodyfat that happens at. With my body type I know it's going to be tricky though which is why I'm interested in UD2. I will be giving it a go in the future. Low carbs will be a shock to me. Unlike most here I love my bread, pasta, rice etc...