PDA

View Full Version : Good recipes for ground beef?

Altephor
07-21-2009, 12:18 AM
Mostly I eat chicken now as it's fairly cheap and easy to grill up in under 10 minutes. But seeing as how ground beef is so cheap I've been looking to start eating it more, just not sure how to prepare it. Obviously there's the standard hamburger and tacos, but looking for something a little tastier, albeit fairly quick and easy to make.

jpw204
07-21-2009, 08:27 AM
You are missing the obvious, Chili. I eat about 3 lbs of ground meat each week in Chili alone. Plus, another 1 lb or 2 for Hamburgers and Meatballs. I generally get the lean stuff for Chili (96/4), because it still tastes great will the Chili seasoning/beans/etc. But, for burgers I stick with the 85/15 Angus...........

Mercuryblade
07-21-2009, 12:12 PM
One of my favorites, and it's super easy.

You need:
Ground Beef
Alfredo sauce (or related cream-based spaghetti sauce)
Brown Rice

Cook the rice like normal and brown the beef in a pan, drain the beef if you don't want the fat (I leave it in when I'm bulking).

Mix in the sauce with the beef, let the sauce cook with the beef for a few minutes so it soaks up the flavor, then add the rice within the last minute (you don't want to overcook the rice, thats why you add it last)

This recipe is also good if you add some cooked broccoli into the mix.

muscled
07-21-2009, 01:12 PM
This one is as simple as it gets; meatloaf. You can go gourmet or very basic. Here's a fairly basic one. You have to invest a lil time up front but you can make a big one and eat it for days:

http://southernfood.about.com/od/meatloafrecipes/r/r80127b.htm

jp2
07-21-2009, 05:41 PM

You need:
Ground Beef
Brown Rice

Cook the rice like normal and brown the beef in a pan, drain the beef if you don't want the fat (I leave it in when I'm bulking).

Mix in the sauce with the beef, let the sauce cook with the beef for a few minutes so it soaks up the flavor, then add the rice within the last minute (you don't want to overcook the rice, thats why you add it last)

that actually sounds pretty damn good, i'm going to have to try it

Adam-7
07-22-2009, 01:00 AM

You need:
Ground Beef
Brown Rice

I would have never thought of that. Sounds great!

Detard
07-23-2009, 10:39 AM
Ground beef, spaghetti, cheese, and tomato sauce. ****ing delish

BigCorey75
07-23-2009, 09:40 PM
for those who like the low carb approach

3 pounds of 80/20 beef
1/2 red onion
1/2 yellow onion
2 stalks of green onion
1/2 red and green bell pepper
5 cloves of garlic
2 3oz can of tomato sauce
4 shots of jack Daniels
1 can of budweiser

Dice up all the veggies very small, mix it all in the ground beef, along with some kosher salt, black pepper and a few pinches of cayenne and coriander. shape the meat in the form of a loaf and cover with foil in a pan and let bake for 30 mins at 350.

while the beef is baking empty the cans of tomato sauce and the can of beer in a sauce pan, bring it to a simmer and season with a touch of pepper, bring the beef out, pour the dripping into the sauce pan, and let it integrate,then cut the heat off, then throw in the Jack Daniels and stir it in , then cover the beef with the tomato mixture and let sit in the over for 40 more mins, looking in evry 10 mins and rebasting the beef

remove and let cool, slice in 2 inch thick slices and enjoy, dont forget to take some of the juice and cover the beef, should be tasty

twm
07-24-2009, 06:25 AM
ill make this for lunch about 3-4 days per week

10oz lean ground beef
84g of cheddar
200g of broccoli
1 cup of cooked brown rice

mix it up and dump it into some tupperware.. lots of protein, decent amount of carbs and pretty good taste.

dont have macros offhand but its pretty good and fast to make. i call it "slop"