PDA

View Full Version : My Macros

brettmartin
07-21-2009, 07:28 AM
I am 22, 193 lbs, 6'1". I have been trying to seriously bulk up in the past 1-2 months by changing my diet like you guys recommended. The only meat I eat is fish because I want to eventually become a vegetarian. My goal is to bulk up with muscle mass but lately I have been noticing I am gaining some fat in my stomach. Guess this is normal but it really irks me. This is an average meal plan for me:

Breakfast: 1 flaxseed oil pill, 5 egg whites, 1 scoop of ON Whey Protein, bowl of old fashioned oats or Kashi GoLean High Protein cereal, apple
Mid Morning: 1 scoop of ON Whey Protein, Peanut Butter sandwich, 1 bagel, banana
Lunch: Can of tuna wrapped in wheat tortilla, broccoli, black beans or red kidney beans
Mid Afternoon: 1 scoop of ON Whey Protein, large handful of almonds, celery, bowl of old fashioned oats
Dinner: Can of salmon mixed with large plate of egg noodles or brown rice, green beans or salad, black beans or red kidney beans
Before bed: Lowfat cottage cheese, 1 scoop of ON Whey Protein (Either now or afterworkout at 6 before dinner)

So my Macros for the meal plan that I used yesterday:
Calories: 3,298
Fat (g): 70.4
Carbs (g): 423.8
Protein (g): 258.6

Fat (19%)
Protein (31%)
Carbs (50%)

I am attaching the screenshot of the foods I entered. So how does this look? On a lot of foods besides my proteins, I noticed I am using more than one serving. Should I just go to one serving for pretty much everything besides protein?

EDIT: It says that my file is to big to upload on here but all it is is 2 screenshots of my computer on two sheets of Microsoft Word. Any help on how I can show this to you?

Unreal
07-21-2009, 09:08 AM
Protein is good. I would add a bit more fat and drop the carbs just a bit if you want to stick to 3300 calories. Shoot for .5g/lb of fat so 95g or so of fat. If 3300 calories is working for you great, if it isn't enough then just add some more calories.

Optimum08
07-21-2009, 10:20 AM
If your trying to gain and not gaining add more cals in. Typically add cals in from protein sources first, then other sources.

brettmartin
07-22-2009, 07:17 AM
So it looks good though? My carb intake isn't way to much?

brettmartin
07-26-2009, 11:16 AM
Bump

Unreal
07-26-2009, 11:45 AM
Carbs aren't too much if it is working. If your not gaining add some more of any of them. Nothing wrong with that much carbs if you trying to gain and not way over on calories.