PDA

View Full Version : Squat ?

Ryan Hale
07-21-2009, 09:48 AM
What do I need to look at if I have kids knees turning in during the squat.As in where is the weak link in the system?
Powerlifting type stance,feet out at roughly 45 degree angle.When coming out of the hole,these kids knees turn in,and do not stay on tract so to speak.

Thanks for the help guys.

Ryan Hale

mosley1990
07-21-2009, 10:03 AM
Something that might would help is have them do push aparts with their knees. Get a jump stretch band and put it around their knees and simply push out. Hope this is somewhat helpful.

slashkills
07-21-2009, 10:09 AM
Could also be an ab weakness. I used to do this and i fixed it by really focusing on pushing my knees out during the lift and by increased ab work.

Lones Green
07-21-2009, 10:44 AM
Its hips, a common weakness. Use verbal cues telling them to push their knees out. Have them do stuff like extra wide sumo pulls, box squats, band abduction as mentioned before, pull throughs, kettlebell swings, etc etc

barbell01
07-21-2009, 10:51 AM
Its hips, a common weakness. Use verbal cues telling them to push their knees out. Have them do stuff like extra wide sumo pulls, box squats, band abduction as mentioned before, pull throughs, kettlebell swings, etc etc

yes. especially sumo pulls and box squats.

theBarzeen
07-21-2009, 08:13 PM
they might just be too wide for their hip strength without equipment..... look at the stance that most lighter raw lifters...... feet just outside of shoulder width to help use the quads more ( like an olympic squat).

Xellarz
07-22-2009, 12:50 AM
Okay. It could be hips...and it's likely partially hips. I don't know how the hell it could be abs. It could also be their glutes not firing correctly. But what it almost certainly is - is an abductor adductor imbalance. Have them do some abductor work and it will fix this problem almost certainly.