PDA

View Full Version : creatine from ALN

PFM8241988
07-21-2009, 04:09 PM
i started takin the creatine from ALN (not caps), been takin about 5 weeks now. i really havent put on any weight w it or look any different. i kept my diet the same to see its effects, and quite frankly, ive seen nothing, it was the same w using nitrean over gold standard whey, little difference. i know im goign to get knocked on here for not saying ALN is God, but what am i missing/ doing wrong. i take the creatine w breakfast mixed w a glass of OJ, just one teaspoon.

chris mason
07-21-2009, 04:32 PM
Protein is not an ergogen, you probably don't need to supplement with it as you probably get enough protein from your diet thus the fact you don't get much from using it.

Creatine as a generalized supplement does not work for everyone. Some people receive little to no benefit with its use. Most DO benefit. You may fall into the former catagory.

If you want an ergogen that I am guessing you will respond to, give RESULTS a try. It contains creatine, but also beta alanine and HMB.

Clifford Gillmore
07-21-2009, 04:37 PM
I used to believe that creatine did nothing for me, but when I dropped off using I dropped ALOT of water weight as well as losing a little bit of strength - my recovery time seemed to be a little longer too, so drop off using for a a few weeks and see if anything seems to go backwards. If everything stays the same, like Chris has stated, give RESULTS a try - Beta alanine does wonders :)

malkore
07-22-2009, 10:27 AM
You also have to remember that creatine has NO DIRECT EFFECT on your size. Creatine helps you produce more muscle contractions. If your diet, training and recovery is all good, then creatine is going to help you get a better workout, which should equate to some better gains.
That's it. Its not a magic "makes you HUGE" powder.

If you're not growing, something is wrong in your training, diet, or recovery.

Optimum08
07-22-2009, 11:13 AM
You also have to remember that creatine has NO DIRECT EFFECT on your size. Creatine helps you produce more muscle contractions. If your diet, training and recovery is all good, then creatine is going to help you get a better workout, which should equate to some better gains.
That's it. Its not a magic "makes you HUGE" powder.

If you're not growing, something is wrong in your training, diet, or recovery.

You should brush up on your science.

Creatine assists in the ATP conversion process within your muscles while also attracting water into your muscles, volumizing them and allowing greater workload.

That being said its person-dependent (like any other supplement is) and is not a substance that will automatically add 15 lbs. to maxes. It also takes some time to saturate the muscles, which is needed to experience the benefits.

chris mason
07-22-2009, 10:42 PM
Actually, creatine DOES add size to most users. It is theorized that its cell volumizing effect helps to promote enhanced muscle protein synthesis, and thus additional size.

To clarify, I also want to say that I was stating the INDIVIDUAL in question may not need to supplement with protein if he gets essentially nothing from its use. Supplemental protein is not for everyone, but most hard training individuals can benefit from its use.