PDA

View Full Version : Looking for suggestions for effective ways on dropping 4 inches off my waist.

Snoofy
07-21-2009, 06:18 PM
I currently weight about 215-217 range. I'm about a 36" inch waist. I would love to go down to a 32" (which I haven't been since high school) When I look at myself in the mirror, my upper body seems kinda lean...but my ab/belly area sucks!!

Long story short, I didn't eat right and exercise right. That's something I changed...but I'm wondering how long before I see some real results. My daily sugar intake is alot lower, and I do about 1/2 hr of cardio daily. Any other suggestions on top of that are appreciated. Thanks

btw the supplement I use is soy protein that's real low in calories too.

Djkosir
07-21-2009, 08:50 PM
Hey Snoofy,

I did exactly what you are trying to do in about a month and a half. I had just finished my first year at college and i found myself at 191lbs. I was in shock and decided to do something about it. I went to my local GNC and bought myself some Xenadrin RFA (the new formula). I started out eatting a lot of Special K (strawberries and blueberry flavors). I went to the gym EVERY DAY (that was the key for me). I would use the nortic machines, and run about 2-4 miles on them every day, followed by doing some sort of lifting. On some days I would do more, and others I would do less. Just yesterday I finished my first bottle of Xenadrin and I am at 165lbs. I started out curling about 20lbs and now am up to 35ish... Here are the foods I would eat.

BREAKFAST: Egg Whites, Cereal, Oatmeal, anything that was high in fiber or protein.
LUNCH: Scrambled eggs because they are high in protein, low fat soup.
DINER: Low fat Chicken, or low fat burgers.

I was VERY VERY STRICT with my diet, and if you stick to it you can do it! Because you are starting at a bit higher weight than I did, you will probably see better results in the begining than I did.

Unreal
07-22-2009, 08:01 AM
Eat less calories then you burn. Read the stickies and diet threads.

Optimum08
07-22-2009, 10:41 AM
:withstupi:

Utilize the SEARCH function.

Mercuryblade
07-22-2009, 01:00 PM
Hey Snoofy,

I did exactly what you are trying to do in about a month and a half. I had just finished my first year at college and i found myself at 191lbs. I was in shock and decided to do something about it. I went to my local GNC and bought myself some Xenadrin RFA (the new formula). I started out eatting a lot of Special K (strawberries and blueberry flavors). I went to the gym EVERY DAY (that was the key for me). I would use the nortic machines, and run about 2-4 miles on them every day, followed by doing some sort of lifting. On some days I would do more, and others I would do less. Just yesterday I finished my first bottle of Xenadrin and I am at 165lbs. I started out curling about 20lbs and now am up to 35ish... Here are the foods I would eat.

BREAKFAST: Egg Whites, Cereal, Oatmeal, anything that was high in fiber or protein.
LUNCH: Scrambled eggs because they are high in protein, low fat soup.
DINER: Low fat Chicken, or low fat burgers.

I was VERY VERY STRICT with my diet, and if you stick to it you can do it! Because you are starting at a bit higher weight than I did, you will probably see better results in the begining than I did.

Where is your fat? Where are your vegetables/fruits? Unless you were eating 1lb of chicken/day you weren't getting enough protein either.
Don't take this personally, but that is a horrible diet. Losing weight does not mean you are being healthy.
Also, going to the gym every single day is not a good idea either, that's a good way to get yourself injured. You should really read some more posts and more articles before you start giving out advice.

Snoofy
07-23-2009, 06:41 PM
2 questions. How many times a week should you exercise you ab muscles for optimum results? Can any one make a suggestion for replacing chinups/pullups as a regular set of reps...until I manage to get the strength to be able to do them? thanks

mcdonough9395
07-23-2009, 07:00 PM
2 questions. How many times a week should you exercise you ab muscles for optimum results? Can any one make a suggestion for replacing chinups/pullups as a regular set of reps...until I manage to get the strength to be able to do them? thanks

Train your abs as you would as other muscle. Id say train them twice a week. Try doing negative chins/pulls. Use a box or something and just jump up there and try to hold yourself up at the top of the chin/pull for as long as you can and SLOWLY lower yourself down.

jp2
07-23-2009, 09:39 PM
Eat less + Cardio + E/C stack