PDA

View Full Version : How is Opticen different than Maximus?

Jilla82
07-22-2009, 10:26 AM
If I take a half serving of Maximus doesnt it pretty much serve the same purpose of Opticen?

Lones Green
07-22-2009, 11:35 AM
They both have the same protein matrix, if thats what you're asking.

MAXIMUS has the Inulin and Microlactin in it, as well as more fats.

Opticen has some vitamins and minerals in it

They are similar, but no they are not the same.

MAXIMUS is designed to be a weight gain type shake, where as Opticen is specifically designed to be a post workout supplement

Travis Bell
07-22-2009, 01:15 PM
Well said Lones.

Jilla82
07-22-2009, 01:20 PM
but it sounds like Maximus is just a multivitamin away from being Opticen. Half a serving of Maximus has a little less calories than a serving of Opticen.

Im asking because im thinking I can just order a large tub of Maximus instead of my monthly Opticen.

Davey
07-22-2009, 07:51 PM
according to at large opticen is supposed to be for postworkout but only has 35g carbs? Is that a typo or are you supposed to take 2 servings?:read:

I would get the Maximus for postworkout.

Travis Bell
07-22-2009, 09:32 PM
according to at large opticen is supposed to be for postworkout but only has 35g carbs? Is that a typo or are you supposed to take 2 servings?:read:

I would get the Maximus for postworkout.

Nope, just one serving immediatly post workout.

The research Chris went over indicated that 35g was best (when combined with the other amounts of protein and fats) for immediatly post workout, followed by another meal with carbs in it about an hour after the PWO shake

I really prefer the Opticen to the half serving of Maximus for the PWO, but yes you can do that if you must.

Keep in mind though, the nutrients in Opticen are in liquid form, which makes them much much easier for your body to uptake, so taking Maximus with a multi isn't going to be the same at all.

Maximus also has a good bit more fiber in it and some flax seed oil, which isn't a problem, just a difference is all.

chris mason
07-22-2009, 10:38 PM
If it is about budget, your proposal sounds good.