PDA

View Full Version : Deadlift video from WV Open

jmccown
07-22-2009, 05:54 PM
Nothing special. Didn't get alot of footage the wife was watching the kids so only got this one video of my second attempt, this is 518lb I believe. I pulled 535 on my third attempt.

How does the form look to you guys?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p7WkkfJJDjA

I do have some bench pics that I'll try to get posted soon.

I.Believe
07-23-2009, 04:37 PM
It was nice meeting you on Sunday. Nice strong bench by the way. You've got more in you yet!
Only critic I can offer on the deadlift is to work on keeping your back from rounding so much. Push you chest out to help yourself in that regard.
You did get a 4th on the bench didn't you? It was I that you were talking to when you were discussing taking one.

William

jmccown
07-24-2009, 09:43 AM
Thanks William. Yeah I remember you. I done 502 on the 4th attempt on bench. I stayed conservative since they were calling so strict that day. At my home gym I'll usually work up to 530 for a single. I took the plunge yesterday and ordered a tighter bench shirt - went with the super katana (super cut version). Ken told me if I can do 530 in a loose F6 then I should expect around 600+ with a proper fitting Super Katana. I took this week off and will start my training back again next week. I'm still learning on the deadlift, only been doing that for about 8 months now. Prior to that I was a bench-jockey and never fooled with squat or deadlift.

Where's your next meet at?

I.Believe
07-24-2009, 11:29 AM
Not sure on next meet. Maybe Ravenwood in Nov.
Not much to choose from.
Where did you say you were located in wv.?

jmccown
07-24-2009, 12:20 PM
I live in Pike Co. Kentucky. Near Williamson, WV. I'll def. be back at Ravenswood in November.