PDA

View Full Version : Bulking up, Slimming down

litlfetcher
07-22-2009, 06:27 PM
Hello everybody, my name is Bridger Owens. I am 15 years old, 6' 2" at 180 pounds. I have been doing the SS routine for about 6 weeks now. I also ride my speed bike at 15-20 MPH, about 30-40 miles a week. As you can imagine I still live with my parents, if you can believe that! I basically want to build muscle, and shed a little fat that ive built up.

My parents dont buy much chicken breast, let alone enough for everyday consumption. but I do have basic stuff: milk, flavored oatmeal, malt o meal cereal, honey bunches of oats etc. So I need to bulk up, but only use enough calories to support my muscle gain, using little enough to lose weight. Kind of like the story on the home page for wbb, about forum member unholy and how he lost all that weight, except on a smaller scale.

I want to go down enough that I could/can see my six pack if I do have one under the layer of fat. probably about 165, I dont really know because I know I will gain weight with muscle. ANY HELP would be GREATLY appreciated. Thank You

tom183
07-23-2009, 05:22 AM
As you can imagine I still live with my parents, if you can believe that!

Why would that be hard to believe?

Are you counting calories? Do you know what your maintenance is?

Unreal
07-23-2009, 10:36 AM
First of all, Paul (unholy) didn't bulk up and lose weight at the same time. If your looking to lose weight then you need to go on a good diet/training plan that is high protein and runs a caloric defecit. Doing that with maltomeal, cereal, oats, etc is going to be rough. If you can't get access to lean meats, eggs, cottage cheese, etc because of family issues I would look at a quality protein supplement.

First step is figuring out your maintence calories and setting up a diet plan.

Do you have a job? If so then buy your own protein.

litlfetcher
07-23-2009, 12:56 PM
we have eggs most the time, and cottage cheese sometimes. no job right now. I cant juggle a job and football practice everyday. and according to http://www.healthstatus.com/calculate/cbc I burn about 2495 calories a day. this number will go up when football practice starts. according to fitday.com my calories intake is around 1900 calories.

Unreal
07-23-2009, 01:02 PM
Those numbers are all useless. You need to track and find out how much you need. If your riding a bike 30-40 miles a week, lifting, football, school, and active your probably burning more then that.

Also pick a goal. Either bulk up, gain muscle, get strong, or cut to get your abs.

Optimum08
07-23-2009, 03:11 PM
:withstupi: