PDA

View Full Version : squat heavier?

WyztaTrjnsFtbll
07-23-2009, 11:55 PM
So in a couple of weeks im predicting ill hit a 600 lb squat. ive been watching some powerlifting vids lately and was wondering how much one of those squatting suits would increase a squat. i just use a belt wen i squat. also those things they wear on their knees seem to help. how much could i squat if i learned how to use those knee things and a squatting suit?

BFGUITAR
07-24-2009, 12:40 AM
So in a couple of weeks im predicting ill hit a 600 lb squat. ive been watching some powerlifting vids lately and was wondering how much one of those squatting suits would increase a squat. i just use a belt wen i squat. also those things they wear on their knees seem to help. how much could i squat if i learned how to use those knee things and a squatting suit?

Wraps can give 20-30lbs and a singly ply suit can give 50-70lbs or more. Depends on the person and suit.

Brian Hopper
07-24-2009, 01:07 AM
It definetly depends on the person and The type of gear. But you can probably get about 50-100lbs out of a good squat suit and some briefs. Knee wraps can give about 15-30lbs. There are alot of different style knee wraps.

theBarzeen
07-24-2009, 05:17 PM
when you first get in to gear it can throw you off.... or it might give you 50 lbs....... once you learn the gear ( use it consistently for a year+) you can get more..... much more depending on how much you work with it......

SELK
07-24-2009, 05:43 PM
First day using a multiply squat suit i was getting about 250lbs, years later and i don't get much more out of it then the first day i used it (but i am more consistant).

One thing to keep in mind, lets say I get 100lbs out of my briefs (wear under the suit) and 250lbs out of my suit (by itself). Wearing both of them does not give me 350lbs on my squat, more like 275.. as you reach a point of diminishing returns.

Pete22
07-24-2009, 06:20 PM
First day using a multiply squat suit i was getting about 250lbs.

This is definitely not typical, however. First day I tried one, I got folded over and stapled. It'll be different for everyone, no way to really estimate unless you get some gear and learn it.

Lones Green
07-24-2009, 08:07 PM
This is definitely not typical, however. First day I tried one, I got folded over and stapled. It'll be different for everyone, no way to really estimate unless you get some gear and learn it.

Same thing happened to me.