PDA

View Full Version : Just another guy trying to get in shape!

kirkwheeler
07-24-2009, 04:48 PM
Hello, my name is Kirk; I introduced myself in the new member section of the forum. I recently got a bug up my a$$ and decided I needed to get back into shape. So I was reading some articles on this forum and decided to go for it today. I live by the motto go big or go home so that is what I did. I drove myself down to the local GNC and picked up the Pro Performance stack. I took the first round according to the schedule in the package. Then I went down to the local community center, signed up, and went to work. I weighed in at a whopping 255lbs prior to my workout. I have decided to go with WBB workout program 1.1. I started on day 5 of week one. My rational for this was its Friday, so I will start with day 5 and just repeat week one next week.

Here are my results for today:
Assisted Chin Ups - (-130lbs) x10 & x6
(-145lbs) x6 & x5
(-160lbs) x6 & x6
I started off feeling really strong, but as I went along I had to add to the weight. Next time I will start with -160lbs and work the other direction.

DB Rows (30lbs) 6x8
These felt really good, but on the last set my form suffered a bit, I will be using the same weight next week.

Push Ups - 6x10

Scaption - (20lbs) x6
(15lbs) x8 / x8 / x6 / x6 / x6
I found this lift very difficult due to having a surgically repaired shoulder. I will use 15lbs next week, and work on my form a bit.

Skull Crushers - (15lbs) 3x8 & 3x6
Again this lift suffered from a previous injury. I broke my elbow last year, and it felt really weak. I will be keeping the same weight next week.

Leg Raises - 6x10

15min of cardio on the bike.

Overall, I felt very good about my first workout. I am motivated now, and can't wait to get back into the gym.

kirkwheeler
07-27-2009, 10:04 AM
Ok, so today was officially day one of week one. I was still a little sore from Fridays work out. Over the weekend I went to the gym on Saturday, and did 25 minutes of cardio on the bike, and I was unable to go on Sunday. Here is what I did today:

Back Squats - (115lbs) 6x8
These felt really good thru the first couple sets, but my legs started to get weak at the end. I will use the same weight next week, and bump it up if I feel confident.

Alternating Lunges - 6x10
My legs still felt really week from the first lift, so I did not use any weight, I did not want to sacrifice form.

Good Mornings - (65lbs) 6x8
These felt really good, I will increase the weight next time.

Standing Calve Raises - (10lbs) 6x8
These were really easy, even in rapid succession; I will be adding a bit more weight next week.

Wood Choppers - (22.5lbs) 6x8
These too fell really good in rapid succession, alternating arms. I will be adding more weight to these as well next week.

Planks - 6xfailure

Cardio - 15 min on bike

Overall good workout, I feel tired. I will be going tomorrow afternoon after work, I will post a new update then.

kirkwheeler
07-27-2009, 11:27 AM
I know I have not been at this program very long at all. I am just looking for any assistance. Am I going about it appropriatly? Should I change anything you have seen so far? I would really appreciate any feedback that you can give me. Please keep it positive and constructive. Thank you in advance.

Coke
07-28-2009, 08:37 AM
I really can't say anything about the WBB program that you are on, but you can't go wrong with getting into the gym on a regular basis. I always stress that the beginners find there own way so to speak, we all are learning as we go imo.

Stay driven is probably the best advice I can give you, going through several journals here can't hurt either.

Best of luck Kirk!!