PDA

View Full Version : Deadlift 375x10

berfles
07-24-2009, 08:23 PM
I finished up a different routine for deads this past week and did a high rep one at the end.

Couple things to note, my hips seem to shoot up too fast but if I try keeping them down I can't pull worth a crap. I don't know if it's worth fixing at this point or if that's just the way I am designed to pull. I don't get much leg drive it seems, but I pull better that way. The bar was close to my shins but not touching all the way up, I was trying to let them heal a bit as I have huge gashes from the week before so I'm not pulling "back" that much.

Also I shuffle my feet after I pick the weight up around 45 seconds, it wasn't a hitch. Hair kept getting in my face so I slicked it back.

zkzPJHwYG6Q

Notorious
07-24-2009, 08:32 PM
You start with your ass to low, and that is why it's shooting up.

Use this as your setup:

Syt7A23YnpA

Damn strong though.

berfles
07-24-2009, 08:36 PM
You start with your ass to low, and that is why it's shooting up.

Use this as your setup:

Syt7A23YnpA

Damn strong though.

Ok, I'll try that next time. I think I adopted that sort of "swing down" before I start pulling to try to force more leg drive. I'm going to shoot for a 500lb deadlift soon, maybe tomorrow, so I will give this a shot then.

Xellarz
07-25-2009, 12:15 PM
Good and strong lifting. At the end of each lift, I think you should get your hips through a little more, though - maybe that's just coming from powerlifting, though - where many exaggerate the lockout so there's no question for the judge(s).

tennisrox4
07-25-2009, 05:26 PM
Good and strong lifting. At the end of each lift, I think you should get your hips through a little more, though - maybe that's just coming from powerlifting, though - where many exaggerate the lockout so there's no question for the judge(s).

I agree I think you need to extened your back a tiny bit more just so your standing upright, your back should be perpendicular to the ground. But saying that there is no need to over-extend.

Chalky Palms
07-25-2009, 05:34 PM
I agree with the others about locking it out fully. It is obvious you are able to it is just a matter of doing it. Looked strong throughout, and you are really blowing up dude, look huge.

-JM-
07-26-2009, 12:44 PM
Nice lifting Berfles.

Cool hair man ;) Jack Nicholson in The Shining doing deadlifts.

ThomasG
07-26-2009, 02:04 PM
Strong deads!!

mchicia1
07-31-2009, 06:07 PM
Your deadlift form is exactly like mine. I too get my ass way down there before I pull...sure I wont be able to pull as much weight (because the lever (back) will be more vertical thus less torque) but it allows me to keep my back extremely straight. I have suffered from slipped discs, fractures, you name it so I try to protect my back as much as possible. I found that pulling your lats down and back towards your lower back keeps it very straight.

FYI, you are massive. Thats the build I am aiming for, maybe a little less thick...at 6'5" Ill probably need to be 250-260 (30 more pounds to go...eeek).

chris mason
08-01-2009, 11:06 AM
Ok, first, we sell a Rippetoe book, but the guy is not the be-all, end-all of strength training. He probably wouldn't like my form, but I am quite fine with it.

Berfles, your form is fine. Great lifting.

Bohizzle
08-01-2009, 11:54 AM
Ok, first, we sell a Rippetoe book, but the guy is not the be-all, end-all of strength training. He probably wouldn't like my form, but I am quite fine with it.

Agreed, form looks good! Impressive stuff!

Brian999
08-01-2009, 01:02 PM

Yeah, when I saw your deadlift vid you just posted, I noticed we deadlift very similiar. I guess its fine! :)