PDA

View Full Version : Going Pro...

Silverback
07-26-2009, 09:07 AM
Whats good?!

Been on the forums for years now, had a LONG hiatus, but am back...basically to get my motivation back and hopefully journal will provide this.

What im aiming for?
Im a semi-pro football (soccer) player, i play striker and my aim is to go pro by next season.

What this means?
i have to become leaner and quicker simply put!

Stats
6ft 2
98kg (215lbs)

Chest 42"
Waist 33"
Hips 41"

body fat is 15.2 % measured via callipers by a Polliquin trained trainer.
(body fat was 22%, but since returning from injury ive managed to drop 7% in 3months)

So basically my journal is going to document/follow my diet and training...

wish me luck!

Today is sunday and my rest day, had a 2hour deep tissue massage this morn and just relaxing rest of the day.

Peace :)

Silverback
07-26-2009, 09:42 AM
Ok so you can see how im looking...

remember im not trying to get big, just trying to get faster and improve my football game, oh and get leaner too!

so we got legs, then back, then torso...

i havent trained with weights for 6wks now, as pre season has involved ALOT of running.

But as of next week im back on the weights routine.

Any fEedBack is appreciated, and any advice is also!!

Coke
07-26-2009, 06:15 PM
Glad you are back!!...looking great bro, good luck with your plans.

Silverback
07-27-2009, 02:28 AM
Glad you are back!!...looking great bro, good luck with your plans.

Thanks bro, looking to stick around. Mainly for the focus and encouragement you know, with football im training 4-5x a week, so i need a way to motivate my weight training + get my diet sorted out!

speaking of diet this is what i had yesterday

Meal 1: Oats (75grams), 2tablespoons flax seed, 1tablespoon fish oil. 1 scoop whey isolate

Meal 2: 2 scoops whey protein

Meal 3: 2x mackerel fillets and salad

Meal 4: Vegetable soup + 1 can tuna (+2 scoops ice cream...bad i know but im trying to be better!)

Meal 5: Same as meal 1

(Snacks: 4 pears spread through day...)

As far as supplements are concerned im just taking multivitamin and vitamin c

Im due to get bodyfat retaken this week, it was last measured at 15.2% 4 weeks ago....all i know is it better be lower or im going to cry! lol
:clown:

Silverback
07-27-2009, 04:19 PM
2 workouts today

workout 1 (AM):

10 x 20 yard sprints + Agility work

BB Shoulder press: 100lbs x 5 x 5

Pulldown: 220lbs x 5 x 5

Workout 2 (PM):

40mins football game....

Meal 1: Oats (75grams), 2tablespoons flax seed, 1tablespoon fish oil. 1 scoop whey isolate

Meal 2: Chicken, rice, peas, beans and tings....apple, pear.

Meal 3: Chicken salad wrap, protein bar, apple

Meal 4: Same as meal 1 + 1 bottle gatorade

(Snacks: 150grams of cashews...)

not a bad day diet wise, cashews screwed up the rotation somewhat...lol but what you gonna do?!

tomorrow i promise i will improve, lord forgive me! :angel:

Coke
07-28-2009, 08:39 AM
Impressive stuff there man, expending a lot of energy.

Silverback
07-29-2009, 03:24 PM
Impressive stuff there man, expending a lot of energy.

thanks bro, lol yeah expanding loads of energy!

got my body fat measured today came in at 12.9%

so ive lost 2.3% body fat in 4 weeks, which is pretty good going and ive also gained 2% lean mass...ive been beating myself up about not putting in the effort with diet but the results tell me ive worked hard enough for that 4wk period...

past few days diet has been poor, pizza, ice cream and coke...but have been working my arse off with training and work...as of tomorrow will be back on full diet, pushing to get under 10% body fat.

peace out:thumbup:

Coke
07-31-2009, 08:43 AM
...so ive lost 2.3% body fat in 4 weeks, which is pretty good going and ive also gained 2% lean mass...

You deserve a break from the diet bro, trimming up while gaining lean bodyweight = :thumbup: