PDA

View Full Version : ilikedirt's drive to get BIG and manly!

ilikedirt
07-26-2009, 05:10 PM
My stats:

Height: 5'10"

Weight: 155.5

These numbers are not maxes! only what I could do as per the SS routine!!

Bench: 60 WEAK

Dead: 95 Weaker!

Squat: 95 weak!

I have never really lifted weights before. I have but just lolly-gagged around the gym..."Hmm let's see if I can pick this up". That kind of stuff. I am starting to go to a gym regularly and stick to a routine. Problem is I don't have a set-in-stone routine yet. I am just going to start with some lightish DB's and warm up with those then work on SS. I'm kind of nervous about pickin up heavy chit over my head but i'm not going to push myself. I watched videos on form of the SS excersises and I think I can do it. I'm starting tommorow and i'll let you guys know how it goes!

P.S. If it sounds like there's anything wrong with what I have mentioned above please tell me. :thumbup:

ilikedirt
07-27-2009, 03:06 PM
MONDAY JULY 27

Well went to the gym first time today got a membership and a key fob for the doors then went to business. Got out there warmed up a lil, got out my paper for what I need to do and felt totally lost. I was just wandering around like an idiot not knowing where I should start. Went over to the bench press and started putting on little baby weights...just to do a quick couple reps to see what I can do...then a jacked dude came over and said, "you need a spot?" I was like sure man. After that, he showed me around some more and talked about what I wanted to do then he showed me this squat rack machine that was a benchpress with self spotting...really nice dude. He told me alot of the time theres the same dudes in there and they are all really friendly so don't hesitate to ask if I have a question...not a bad place...

Well I followed SS's stuff and you can find the results in the OP, I also did some dumbell curls and tricep pulldowns.

I can't wait for the next time!

Coke
07-28-2009, 08:38 AM
Awesome!! - I remember when I was your age and stepping to the weights...props on the gym membership.