PDA

View Full Version : DE routine

MarkM
07-26-2009, 07:35 PM
Hey, I know I ask a lot of questions on here, but I have a lot to learn, and I figure I'm better off learning then being ignorant. But anyways, getting to the point, I want to do some DE work to help increase my maxes, and was wondering about reps, sets, speeds, etc. I've tried to do a little research, but couldn't find anything incredibly clear, if someone could point me in the right direction, or even tell me what to do in a DE workout it would be greatly appreciated.

Lones Green
07-26-2009, 08:16 PM
Check out Westside Barbell. I think thats the routine you're looking for. There is plenty on the web about it, it uses the dynamic effort

MarkM
07-26-2009, 08:21 PM
ok, thanks that looks good, and from what i hear westside knows whats doing on

vdizenzo
07-26-2009, 09:07 PM
Best article I have ever read on the subject http://www.elitefts.com/documents/periodization_bible__part_2.htm It's what I base my workouts off of.

MarkM
07-27-2009, 04:04 AM
Alright so what I'm seeing here is low reps, a lot of sets, and lighter weight

Lones Green
07-27-2009, 05:50 AM
Alright so what I'm seeing here is low reps, a lot of sets, and lighter weight

Yes, the point of dynamic effort work is to work on speed...hence the name "dynamic"

Keep researching

sayagain
07-27-2009, 01:41 PM
Yes, the point of dynamic effort work is to work on speed...hence the name "dynamic"

Keep researching

There is plenty to read on the Westside website, as well as Elitefts. Read, read, read. Feel free to ask as many questions as you want, as there are a lot of knowledgable lifters on this site. The more you read, the more specific your questions will be and you'll get better answers.