PDA

View Full Version : Sydney Australia, need a training partner.

NickAus
07-27-2009, 04:33 PM
Hi,

I am losing my training partner, he is off to Japan for 12 months.
I train heavy bench on Sunday in the city (could train Saturday).
My best Bench is 500/227.5kg @ 210 in gear off a 1 board.
I have not been in any comps yet.
I have 2 sets of mini bands, one set of monsters, one set of lights and one of averages plus 2 sets of chain and boards 0.5-5.

If anyone is interested in training with me once a week please let me know, thanks!

cunniff81
07-27-2009, 05:03 PM
Try asking here:

www(dot)powerlifters(dot)com(dot)au
(can't add links, not over 10 posts)

There are few Sydney lifters there. Most are IPF I don't think there are any CAPO on the board.

Ryano
07-27-2009, 05:17 PM
I'd love to come down and train with you once in a while, but the commute from Illinois might be slightly cost prohibitive.

NickAus
07-27-2009, 05:28 PM
I'd love to come down and train with you once in a while, but the commute from Illinois might be slightly cost prohibitive.

Thanks.
Ha ha, yep I would love to train in the U.S for a while but don't have the funds just yet.

NickAus
07-27-2009, 05:32 PM
Try asking here:

www(dot)powerlifters(dot)com(dot)au
(can't add links, not over 10 posts)

There are few Sydney lifters there. Most are IPF I don't think there are any CAPO on the board.

Thank you, I will.
Sticking with double ply though as I like it better.
Hopefully there are some CAPO lifters but I don't know of any.

cunniff81
07-27-2009, 09:59 PM
Thank you, I will.
Sticking with double ply though as I like it better.
Hopefully there are some CAPO lifters but I don't know of any.

Have a look at the CAPO site then. I am sure they have the number of the NSW co-ordinator on it. I am sure that he can point you in the direction of other CAPO lifters in Sydney.

Clifford Gillmore
07-27-2009, 11:22 PM
The CAPO site has about 4 members on the forum at the moment, its a little bit of a joke! Where is Shawn Bostock training?

NickAus
07-27-2009, 11:28 PM
The CAPO site has about 4 members on the forum at the moment, its a little bit of a joke! Where is Shawn Bostock training?

He trains in Melbourne, they seem to have most of the lifters as well as the best gym.
Sydney is very lacking but I hope to change that in the future.

tomv
07-28-2009, 04:51 AM
Hey Nick I suggest checking out Northy Sydney PCYC Heavy Metal Powerlifting Club, they are IPF lifters there but I can't imagine that would say no to another big strong boy training in?

NickAus
07-28-2009, 04:24 PM
Hey Nick I suggest checking out Northy Sydney PCYC Heavy Metal Powerlifting Club, they are IPF lifters there but I can't imagine that would say no to another big strong boy training in?

Thanks for that, I will look them up.

NickAus
08-01-2009, 06:31 AM
Hi

Just updating, I have found someone to train with on heavy bench day.
Only weighs around 140 so not sure how the lift-offs will be but better than training alone for now.
I will keep hunting for other lifters and try to get a good little team going if I can.

Clifford Gillmore
08-01-2009, 02:59 PM
When I saw that I thought you ment he 'only' weighed 140kg, HAH!

Hopefully you get a crew going Nick, getting the first person into it is the hardest part.

NickAus
08-02-2009, 05:29 AM
When I saw that I thought you ment he 'only' weighed 140kg, HAH!

Hopefully you get a crew going Nick, getting the first person into it is the hardest part.

Lol yeah I did mean lbs like they talk in the U.S, he is stronger than average but still not by powerlifting standards.

Yeah thanks mate I do hope to get a good crew going but I won't put up with people who don't turn up to train my partner now is always on time so I have been lucky I guess.
Hope it works out so we can really get Australia into this great sport!