PDA

View Full Version : Goal: 315lb raw bench

jtteg_x
07-27-2009, 08:02 PM
I lift for hypertrophy but at the same time use PL technique to increase my bench. I just got back from a whole week break from the gym and want to try another routine. I been reading Vincent Dizenzo's 600lb raw bench program (http://www.elitefts.com/documents/600lb_raw_bench.htm) and wanted to see if it applies to the 300lb club (booo:help:). I remember following this routine at one point a year ago but things happened back then and now I'm back ready to hammer the weights

edit: forgot to add that my training days are T/W/Th. I can sneak in DE/accessory workouts on the weekends after work. But FYI I get real tired/sleepy/lazy after my working days due to my job so I usually don't lift at full capacity or have the mindset to.

Lones Green
07-27-2009, 08:20 PM
Of course it'd apply to someone chasing a 300 lb bench. You don't have to be chasing 600 raw to use that routine, haha

sayagain
07-27-2009, 08:33 PM
Of course it'd apply to someone chasing a 300 lb bench. You don't have to be chasing 600 raw to use that routine, haha

Aren't we all chasing 600 raw (with a few exceptions on this board)? I've only got a little over 200 lbs to go:)

I've been using a routine fairly close to this and it has helped my bench tremendously.

jtteg_x
07-28-2009, 04:49 PM
DE/ME days are 3 days apart. How would I go about training 3 consecutive days?

Xellarz
07-28-2009, 05:36 PM
What is your question exactly?

If it's how to increase your bench, where do you fail when benching? What have you been doing (related exercises, reps and sets)?

sayagain
07-28-2009, 05:38 PM
I don't quite understand your question. DE and ME are two separate days. You would do one on Monday and the other on Thursday, or any other days that are 3 days apart. I do my ME day on Friday and my DE day on Monday.

sayagain
07-28-2009, 05:45 PM
Ok, I think I see what you are asking. I just reread that you normally train on T/W/Th with the possibility of fitting in a day on the weekend. I personally think that Tuesday and Thursday are too close together for you to have 2 bench days. Your best bet is going to be to do your ME work on Wednesday and DE on Saturday if you can.

jtteg_x
07-30-2009, 12:53 AM
thats what i figured.

lets see if this layout will work?...

off
T - ME Bench
off
Th- Deadlift/shrugs/abs
F - DE Bench
off
Su- Legs/abs

All my SQ sessions are light due to my health conditions. Therefore deadlifting and squatting the same day would be killing it.

vdizenzo
07-30-2009, 09:47 AM
thats what i figured.

lets see if this layout will work?...

off
T - ME Bench
off
Th- Deadlift/shrugs/abs
F - DE Bench
off
Su- Legs/abs

All my SQ sessions are light due to my health conditions. Therefore deadlifting and squatting the same day would be killing it.

That looks good to me. It's a good program. It really worked well for me. I have tweaked it a bit to break 600. I'm going to be working on an article outlining the new routine.

sayagain
07-30-2009, 02:21 PM
If Vin says it looks good, it looks good.