PDA

View Full Version : OPTICEN and NITREAN

GOMEZI
07-29-2009, 02:34 AM
I started the TNT Diet and workout plan in Men's Health and I am getting great results. I am currently using a whey and casein mix but I want to upgrade to something better. The book recommends Nitrean for the protein only diet and the Opticen for the protein plus carbs portion.

I wanted to know if it is necessary or not worth it to use the Nitrean for the no carbs portion of my diet during the week and the Opticen for before and after each workout and for the "reloading" portion on the weekends as the book recommends. I would like to use one or the other regardless and maybe a lesser brand during the week for meal supplements for cost reasons as I would be using a high protein/low carb shake during the week.

I have read and researched Nitrean and it seems like a great product but Opticen offers the carbs I need for before and after each workout and during the weekend when I can eat carbs. I cant find too much on Opticen.

Please advise.

Joe Black
07-29-2009, 04:24 AM
Hey Gomezi,

Welcome to the forums and good job on getting good results from the TNT Diet and workout plan - it's a great book.

If you are specifically looking to eat only protein meals and protein and carb meals then you really have to get both because as you say Nitrean contains just protein and Opticen is more of a full meal replacement/pre/post workout protein/carbs/fat mix.

You have only two choices really.

1. Get both :)

2. Just get Nitrean and then consume Nitrean with some real food carbs for when you need to combine protein and carbs.

Skelator03
07-31-2009, 10:28 AM
I currently use the guidelines laid out in TNT with a little tweeking but i try to limit my carbs to a absolute minimum. U can use just Nitrean and to start thats what I would suggest to you. Im not a scientist about it like Daniel and Chris but through the reading i have done and the guidelines of TNT cut your carbs and dont look back. Go with plan A follow it closely and you will see massive results. I have seen great gains and lost about 2% BF since i started it a couple months ago. If you are losing stregth or not seeing any results after the first month on PLAN A then switch it up. Hope that helps man and good luck

Joe Black
07-31-2009, 04:16 PM
I would agree.

I am following something very similuar to TNT and only have carbs during and after a workout. (greens and fruit at all other times) So, I only ever use Opticen post workout and Nitrean during the day.

chris mason
07-31-2009, 10:27 PM
Just an FYI, you can get the TNT Diet Book from www.atlargenutrition.com.