PDA

View Full Version : Meet Video - 1967lbs total

SELK
07-29-2009, 11:52 AM
Competed last weekend, hit a 66lbs PR total which I am happy with considering I have been dealing with some upperbody injuries and got very little bench training in for the meet.

2hl0aFh4YZw

Likely compete again in december where 2000+ will happen for sure.

Lones Green
07-29-2009, 11:58 AM
You did well.

Sounds like they wore the Hatebreed CD out, LOL

SELK
07-29-2009, 12:00 PM
my grandma loved it! haha

Jesse Hernandez
07-29-2009, 04:47 PM
Nice work, the first two squats looked pretty deep by monolift standards! The 3rd was cut a little high (probly why it looked a lot easier than your 2nd)
Great job on the squats.

Nice opener on bench...haha. You came back and nailed the 3rd attempt, I didnt think you would of gotten, but you pulled through.

The deadlift looked killer, you could of tripled 606. Im curious though about a few things, What equipment do u use for squat (gear) and what suit you deadlift in. I deadlift conventional too and am wondering what suit would work the best, and how difficult it is to setup. Thanks, and great work!

SELK
07-29-2009, 06:02 PM
Nice work, the first two squats looked pretty deep by monolift standards! The 3rd was cut a little high (probly why it looked a lot easier than your 2nd)
Great job on the squats.

Nice opener on bench...haha. You came back and nailed the 3rd attempt, I didnt think you would of gotten, but you pulled through.

The deadlift looked killer, you could of tripled 606. Im curious though about a few things, What equipment do u use for squat (gear) and what suit you deadlift in. I deadlift conventional too and am wondering what suit would work the best, and how difficult it is to setup. Thanks, and great work!
thanks!

Yeah, the 3rd squat was cut a little higher for sure. A little surprised they gave it to me, but I'm not going to complain haha.

I was just happy to get a shirted bench in, lots to work on there.

For squat I use:

metal ace briefs with the bottom of them cut off
metal ace suit
apt convict knee wraps

for the deadlift I use a metal king pro conventional deadlifer. Im not sure how much I get out of it, ive pulled 628 x 2 belt only in the gym for reference. Its very easy to use, after 2 sessions I had it pretty much figured out, now I just wear it 1-2x in training before a meet.

Jesse Hernandez
07-29-2009, 06:13 PM
thanks!

Yeah, the 3rd squat was cut a little higher for sure. A little surprised they gave it to me, but I'm not going to complain haha.
I was just happy to get a shirted bench in, lots to work on there.

For squat I use:

metal ace briefs with the bottom of them cut off
metal ace suit
apt convict knee wraps

for the deadlift I use a metal king pro conventional deadlifer. Im not sure how much I get out of it, ive pulled 628 x 2 belt only in the gym for reference. Its very easy to use, after 2 sessions I had it pretty much figured out, now I just wear it 1-2x in training before a meet.

haha, I wouldnt complain either, if they gave it to you, then its good!

The bench is your only weak point (if you can call a 465lb press @ 242 weak) Once you get that figured out, you'll be 2000+ easy.

With your deadlift suit, do you feel it pops you off the floor? Or helps you lockout? (I havent been able to sucessfully use any kind of suit for deadlift)

Also, with your videos, I think a 675 was possible. So your probly getting 25-40lbs out of it. And thats not bad. I wish I could do that. Is the Metal King Pro IPF legal?

Brian Hopper
07-29-2009, 06:36 PM
I use a Metal King Pro conventional deadlift suit as well and I like it alot. Metal actually recommends you wear the suit about 1-2inchs from the crotch, so don't pull it all the way up. This is what's gonna give you your pop off the floor. This past May, I was just messing around with the suit and trying different things out. For weight I was using 500lbs, and every set I would adjust my straps. For me it feels like it helps out alot with the lockout when the straps are tight. But unfortunately I can't wear the straps tight because it's hard to get down to the bar. I beleive the suit is not allowed in the IPF due to the Velcro adjustable straps. It's still a nice DL suit, but I do want to try the Titan Velocity.

Jesse Hernandez
07-29-2009, 06:45 PM
I use a Metal King Pro conventional deadlift suit as well and I like it alot. Metal actually recommends you wear the suit about 1-2inchs from the crotch, so don't pull it all the way up. This is what's gonna give you your pop off the floor. This past May, I was just messing around with the suit and trying different things out. For weight I was using 500lbs, and every set I would adjust my straps. For me it feels like it helps out alot with the lockout when the straps are tight. But unfortunately I can't wear the straps tight because it's hard to get down to the bar. I beleive the suit is not allowed in the IPF due to the Velcro adjustable straps. It's still a nice DL suit, but I do want to try the Titan Velocity.

Well that sucks then, I would like to try the titan velocity aswell. I just have the hardest time getting to the bar, I mean im a big dude. 6'2 315 and its almost unbareable.

SELK
07-29-2009, 06:57 PM
haha, I wouldnt complain either, if they gave it to you, then its good!

The bench is your only weak point (if you can call a 465lb press @ 242 weak) Once you get that figured out, you'll be 2000+ easy.

With your deadlift suit, do you feel it pops you off the floor? Or helps you lockout? (I havent been able to sucessfully use any kind of suit for deadlift)

Also, with your videos, I think a 675 was possible. So your probly getting 25-40lbs out of it. And thats not bad. I wish I could do that. Is the Metal King Pro IPF legal?

Yeah bench is a big weakpoint right now. I partially tore my forearm last training cycle (who does this??) and things went to ****. I got 250kg off of 2 boards before I did this, and i doubt i would have gotten 220kg after the injury. I'm confident it will be up significantly for my next contest, hopefully december.

I am fairly strong off the floor raw or geared, and weak as **** at lockout so i'm not to sure. I do feel my bar speed off the ground in the suit is better with the suit.

The king is IPF legal - IF you get the one without adjustible straps. Unfortunatley this means that you will likely have to get them custom fitted if you want max carryover. http://www.flexcart.com/members/elitefts/default.asp?m=PD&cid=203&pid=2664

SELK
07-29-2009, 06:59 PM

I did not know this about riding the crotch up.. I will have to give this a try when I get into the suit again. I don't like my straps very tight or I get to the bar in a ****ty position and stiff leg the pull.

john bernor
07-30-2009, 01:27 AM
super strong,,keep pushing,,GOD BLESS

in HIS grip forever
john

mikesbench
07-30-2009, 05:51 AM
Great work SELK! You'll blow by 2000 once that bench is dialed in.

ehubbard
07-30-2009, 06:38 AM
I did not know this about riding the crotch up.. I will have to give this a try when I get into the suit again. I don't like my straps very tight or I get to the bar in a ****ty position and stiff leg the pull.

Definetly pull the legs down on the suit. If you can tighten up the straps and pull the legs down you should be able to get down to the bar by pushing back into the suit. I get about 50-75 lbs out of mine. Awesome squat and that just showed guts to come back and hit that third bench.