PDA

View Full Version : APF Single Ply Equipment Update 6 wks out!

mastermonster
07-30-2009, 07:18 PM
I talked to Garry Frank last night. The equipment for the single ply division at the APF Louisiana Open on Sept. 12th will be much as the USPF/WPF for ranking consistancy. Single ply shirts (although I didn't ask specifically I'd assume closed back), Single ply squat/deadlift suits, and legged single ply briefs. If I get any additional details I'll pass them on. I'm sure that when the entry form is posted at the website it will have more detailed info. I'm looking forward to seeing everyone there!

We are less than 6 1/2 weeks out!

Jesse Hernandez
07-30-2009, 09:21 PM
I talked to Garry Frank last night. The equipment for the single ply division at the APF Louisiana Open on Sept. 12th will be much as the USPF/WPF for ranking consistancy. Single ply shirts (although I didn't ask specifically I'd assume closed back), Single ply squat/deadlift suits, and legged single ply briefs. If I get any additional details I'll pass them on. I'm sure that when the entry form is posted at the website it will have more detailed info. I'm looking forward to seeing everyone there!

We are less than 6 1/2 weeks out!

That sucks, for the sinlge ply guys ranked who didnt wear briefs.

Beverly McD.
07-31-2009, 07:11 AM
Thanks for the update Buddy. Should be a fun meet. Mike and I will see you there.

Ryano
07-31-2009, 02:12 PM
Thanks for the update Buddy. Should be a fun meet. Mike and I will see you there.

Beverly, I read on PLW that the single ply division will be for Open class only. Is this true? Some of us "old fat guys" like single ply too.

mastermonster
07-31-2009, 02:38 PM
That sucks, for the sinlge ply guys ranked who didnt wear briefs.

That's nothing new though. The rankings already rank and record lifters in feds that use the monolift and legged briefs. For example the SPF and WPF who is now the USPF's world affiliate. There may be others, but that's the ones I'm familiar with. This doesn't change anything that doesn't already exist.

mastermonster
07-31-2009, 02:52 PM
Roger, I may be wrong; but I think this is just for the trial period to see if there's an adequate interest level to make it a permanent division. I feel sure that if it's kept, that it would include the Masters, Teen etc. I don't know that for sure though.

mastermonster
07-31-2009, 02:54 PM

You're welcome Beverly! I'm looking forward to seeing you and Mike there too!

Beverly McD.
08-01-2009, 09:42 AM
Beverly, I read on PLW that the single ply division will be for Open class only. Is this true? Some of us "old fat guys" like single ply too.

LOL! True for this meet Ryano....but, if Garry Frank gets enough requests from "old fat guys", who knows what could happen:D

Ryano
08-01-2009, 01:13 PM
LOL! True for this meet Ryano....but, if Garry Frank gets enough requests from "old fat guys", who knows what could happen:D

Fair enough. I just got a new multiply shirt today. If it works out, I may come to this meet for it's debut. The hunt for PR's continues.

Beverly McD.
08-01-2009, 01:48 PM
Come on down, we'd love to have you. Garry puts on a great meet. If you do make it, be sure to introduce yourself R.

Ryano
08-01-2009, 02:36 PM
Come on down, we'd love to have you. Garry puts on a great meet. If you do make it, be sure to introduce yourself R.

I was at Master's Natls last year. I think you were judging at that meet, if I'm correct. I broke a WPC WR for the "old fat man" bench with my ****ty opener, but it was the only lift I got in. I've been doing better since. It would be good to get on the platform again with Buddy, but from what I hear, he's not quite so fat anymore.

Jesse Hernandez
08-01-2009, 04:03 PM
That's nothing new though. The rankings already rank and record lifters in feds that use the monolift and legged briefs. For example the SPF and WPF who is now the USPF's world affiliate. There may be others, but that's the ones I'm familiar with. This doesn't change anything that doesn't already exist.

Oh I didnt know that, that sucks too! Thanks for the info.

Beverly McD.
08-02-2009, 10:24 AM
I was at Master's Natls last year. I think you were judging at that meet, if I'm correct. I broke a WPC WR for the "old fat man" bench with my ****ty opener, but it was the only lift I got in. I've been doing better since. It would be good to get on the platform again with Buddy, but from what I hear, he's not quite so fat anymore.
Yes I was. One of my favorite meets to judge is Master Nationals. Impressive lifting Ryano! A world record lift can't be too ****ty lol.

mastermonster
08-03-2009, 10:34 PM
Hey Bev. Ryano is Roger Ryan (he's kind of modest). He just hit the biggest bench in over 50 history at (I believe) Bill Carpenter's meet. It was 744 and he did it in a single ply shirt. I'm still trying to get him to do the squat and deadlift, but he thinks they are bench press assistance lifts! LOL! Once we were racing to see who got 700 1st. Now I'm just running behind him and eating his dust!

Roger, I've creeped back up to about 263 but I don't plan to go much higher. Certainly never back to 300 like November.

P.S. When Roger did Masters Nationals last year he was trying the skinny man class (275s). I think you were about 260ish weren't you?...and still broke the WR on the opener!

Ryano
08-04-2009, 05:29 AM
Buddy, I don't remember what I weighed last week, let alone last year.LOL Right now I'm hovering right around 290. Just got an open back shirt from Ken and tried it for the first time at Rob Luyando's seminar. Hit 745 right out of the bag with it. Looking for a meet to give 800 a ride and I thought Gary's meet would work. I have to get 800 before Bill Gillespie turns 50 in Sept.LOL

Beverly McD.
08-04-2009, 06:57 AM
Hey Bev. Ryano is Roger Ryan (he's kind of modest). He just hit the biggest bench in over 50 history at (I believe) Bill Carpenter's meet. It was 744 and he did it in a single ply shirt. I'm still trying to get him to do the squat and deadlift, but he thinks they are bench press assistance lifts! LOL! Once we were racing to see who got 700 1st.
Now I'm just running behind him and eating his dust!Roger, I've creeped back up to about 263 but I don't plan to go much higher. Certainly never back to 300 like November.

P.S. When Roger did Masters Nationals last year he was trying the skinny man class (275s). I think you were about 260ish weren't you?...and still broke the WR on the opener!

Now I KNOW you're lying... powerlifters can't run :evillaugh:

So much for Roger being an "old fat guy" lmao. Not by a long shot!

mastermonster
08-05-2009, 12:26 PM
Walking fast may have been a better discription. Probably the only time me or Roger would run now-a-days would be in a race to see who gets to the pizza buffet first!...washed down by a 'Lite' beer of course.

mastermonster
08-09-2009, 09:12 PM
Well it's less than 5 weeks away now! I got my 1 ply suit Friday and training squats went pretty good Saturday! I'm really looking forward to the meet!