PDA

View Full Version : Frequency of training...

Virtron
08-01-2009, 06:41 PM
I was reading WSB book of methods and Louie mentions how you can try a large muscle group every 72 hours and a small one every 24 hours...

My question is how does one know that proper recovery has been reached? I mean at first I was thinking that I can work that muscle again once i'm not sore, but is that effective? For example, if I hit my triceps every other day with a different exercise would I suffer from something like that?

Eric Downey
08-01-2009, 07:19 PM
in powerlifting we work movements that in volve muscle groups. i go to the gym to train my bench not my chest. also concerning things like deadlift. i can only pull heavy every 10 days b/c of the stress on my lower back. but that is me knowing how i recover.

Brian Hopper
08-01-2009, 08:37 PM
You should be able to just listen to your body and be able to tell if you are too sore to train that muscle again. But for me, I keep a 72 hour gap between my upper body and lower body days. I just don't feel comfortable training a certain muscle group if I'm still sore or even a little sore, but that's just me.

Virtron
08-01-2009, 10:10 PM
You should be able to just listen to your body and be able to tell if you are too sore to train that muscle again. But for me, I keep a 72 hour gap between my upper body and lower body days. I just don't feel comfortable training a certain muscle group if I'm still sore or even a little sore, but that's just me.

I definitely here that. I figured its a personal thing. I just wasn't sure if lack of soreness is an accurate enough determinant of muscle recovery. I know that when I max out on one life... that one rep doesn't get me sore nor do the warm up sets... you know what I mean?

Jesse Hernandez
08-01-2009, 11:49 PM
I train in the hyperbolic time chamber, so im always fresh, or I just pop a senzu bean.