PDA

View Full Version : First competition lift vids

BFGUITAR
08-02-2009, 01:00 PM
The bench press will be up soon... I don't have much time on the computer right now. Some comments on the bench will be nice though when I do get them up as I suck balls at them.

335 squat. My first lift ever... might as well go real easy and make it count right?
3 whites
x4Xo4kCphLY

353 squat. Way too easy... should have made this my first attempt at least now that I think about it.
3 whites
qaaXMoVhCqs

375 squat. Easy despite my face lol.
3 whites
aAgAQ7roPzY

You might think my stance for deadlifts is too narrow but by deadlifting like this I hit a 20lb PR in the gym of 440lbs.

402 deadlift. Easy.
3 whites
7Il5v4NbfHk

424 deadlift. Need more legs and hips.
3 whites
9eMIRkbcqi8

440 deadlift. Again, need more legs and hips.
3 reds
PC9zyG8U0xw

Thanks for the help everyone. Couldn't have done it without wbb!

jmccown
08-02-2009, 01:50 PM
You're getting the bar off the ground but your sticking point is knee level. Do either rack pulls or dealifts with band resistance. Where's the bench vids?

Justin Ryan
08-02-2009, 02:13 PM
That looks like so much fun BF. Great pulls!!

BFGUITAR
08-02-2009, 03:46 PM
You're getting the bar off the ground but your sticking point is knee level. Do either rack pulls or dealifts with band resistance. Where's the bench vids?

I forgot them at home like an idiot. I wanted to post them because they are my worst lifts but they were on a different memory stick.

And the bar was actually above the knee which was the annoying part. I think some technique changes and rackpulls like you said would help.

It's amazing what 3 years of work can do. Everything I learned from lifting was off these forums. Built, Sensei, Rhodes, Sam Byrd, Chris Rodgers... and many more. Everyone's input got me here :)

robchris
08-02-2009, 06:56 PM
BF,

Good work brother, now you're hooked!

BTW, what fed are you in?

NickAus
08-02-2009, 07:26 PM
Good on you, keep it up!

fulldaddy
08-02-2009, 08:37 PM
Congratulations BFG - first one in the books. Great job & good luck.

bluelew
08-02-2009, 08:54 PM
Great job. You got big legs for a guitar player!

BFGUITAR
08-02-2009, 10:47 PM
robchris- I compete in the CPU which is affiliated with the IPF
fulldaddy- Its done! It can only get better from now on
bluelew- Thanks! It's fun to have two major hobbies :)

Jesse Hernandez
08-02-2009, 10:52 PM
I dont think you need more legs/hips on ur last deadlift. You need more back strength... well maybe some hips, but your speed off the floor is good. Heavy rack pulls!

blownby
08-03-2009, 09:25 AM
make sure to keep your head up. Your last squat you looked a bit down/straight.

Also your dead is a lot of a stiff leg, but technique is different for everyone.

blownby
08-03-2009, 09:26 AM
and definitly work the rack pulls for your lockout! You got it moving for sure.

Tim K
08-03-2009, 09:54 AM
Nice job BF! With the speed off the floor, I thought you had the last deadlift for sure. Keep SFW and you'll get it next time round. Congrats on your first PL Comp!

Travis Bell
08-03-2009, 10:05 AM
heavy rack pulls will not fix weak hips.

Rack pulls with bands will help, but instead I think hitting up some heavy DB rows as well as training sumo for awhile will really help bring up the hip strength

BFGUITAR
08-03-2009, 10:50 AM
heavy rack pulls will not fix weak hips.

Rack pulls with bands will help, but instead I think hitting up some heavy DB rows as well as training sumo for awhile will really help bring up the hip strength

I will definitely hit up the DB rows. I have another competition coming up this month, ill start hitting the sumos right after that. Thanks Travis.