PDA

View Full Version : Metal Ace shirt

icedutah
08-03-2009, 09:21 AM
Any using this new shirt? How tight should the arms be? I have an old Metal Viking Pro shirt that I don't like too much. But that mat be because the arms were loose. I could put a few fingers in the opening easy.

Travis Bell
08-03-2009, 09:29 AM
I've used it once and didn't really like it, but Jeremy Frey and a couple others have made some huge gains in the shirt. You should not be able to stick your fingers in the sleeves, but they shouldn't be too crazy tight either.

Brian Hopper
08-03-2009, 10:35 AM
The only person I know that has one is Jo Jordan from Orlando Barbell. You might be able to contact him through email or on the Q&A section of Elitefts.com, im sure he will be able to help you out.

barbell01
08-03-2009, 12:30 PM
i use the ACE, i love it, the sleeves are very tight. i first ordered a 48 and sent it back for a 50, even the 50 only went about 4 inches up my forearms, but with shirt sleeves it is on in seconds. i bought it 7 weeks out from a meet, brought it down boards for 2 weeks, then did some triples without boards touching the third rep of each set. then doubles and hevy singles. 7 weeks training and i pressed 474@ 181bw. as soon as i get faster in the shirt, 500+ is for sure. haven't used it since the meet but i am anxious to get back in it soon, recently started training in a single sup. katana for ****s and giggles.

Chris Smith
08-03-2009, 12:45 PM
I bought one and tried it at the Underground Strength Session at Elite a couple Sundays ago. I normally wear a double ply Katana. Took it out of the bag, cut about 3 inches off the sleeves, and was good to go. Worked down from a 3 board to a 1 board with progressively heavier weight. Ended up hitting 765 off the 1 board, and it was pretty easy. That was only the 3rd time I have shirted up in over a year, due to shoulder surgery. I am using the shirt again this Wednesday, and will probably try to get something to touch the chest-- I mean belly, as I am a belly benching, double ply wearing cheater bencher. I will put up some video of Wednesdays training. My first impression is that it is a great shirt. I felt alot of support thru the chest and behind the arms, and it actually felt comfortable for a bench shirt. But--what works for one person, someone else will say it sucks. Try every shirt you can get your hands on, and see what works best for you.

douglasoh5
08-03-2009, 02:16 PM
Iv been in once pretty much since they came out....was a bitch at first to use now its golden....i get 250+ out the ****er......I lift at elite so yall prolly dont give a **** what i say and just think im a nut swinger but it works great....

icedutah
08-03-2009, 02:35 PM
How often do you wash your shirts? Does washing them weaken them?

Brian Hopper
08-03-2009, 02:44 PM
Try every shirt you can get your hands on, and see what works best for you.

I agree!!! I kind of want to do the same with squat and deadlift suits just to see what I like better and what works better for me.

KarstenDD
08-07-2009, 10:05 PM
How often do you wash your shirts? Does washing them weaken them?

Never wash your gear. The accumulated funk is anabolic.

Ben Moore
08-07-2009, 10:14 PM

This x 10milllllllion

Rob Luyando
08-09-2009, 12:05 PM

I disagree as far as bench shirts washing them right before a meet will help tighten them.

Clifford Gillmore
08-09-2009, 12:24 PM
I disagree as far as bench shirts washing them right before a meet will help tighten them.

I thought that was only if you put it in the dryer?

Brian Hopper
08-09-2009, 01:30 PM
doesnt it tighten up more for denim bench shirts???