PDA

View Full Version : Video from APF/AAPF meet in Brigham City, Utah August 1st

BigTallOx
08-03-2009, 09:32 AM
Here's some video clips of my lifts at the APF/AAPF meet up in Brigham City last weekend. The lifting starts at about 2 minutes into the video, the commentary at the beginning is mainly for my non powerlifting youtube fans.

I didn't bench 400 like I was hoping to. It'll happen eventually, just a matter of time. I did get a 10 pound meet bench PR though. This meet a year ago was my first meet ( which was about 3 weeks after I started training with my powerlifting friends ), and both my bench and deadlift are up over 100 pounds from last year.

xvySBNCVPOA

Beverly McD.
08-03-2009, 09:51 AM
Congratulations BTO! Thanks for posting the video. Always fun to watch.

Brian Hopper
08-03-2009, 10:38 AM
Congrats big man!!!!!

The Sun
08-03-2009, 05:24 PM
nice meet.

Jesse Hernandez
08-03-2009, 05:52 PM
Last deadlift looked good.

On your bench pressing, it looks backwards, like ur real slow about 7 inches from the chest, then u go real fast to the chest, it should be really hard for u to touch, but it looks easy. A little more material manipulation is needed when u get close to touching, like you should feel it getting really tight, and it should be way harder for you to touch.

Good job.

BigTallOx
08-03-2009, 07:19 PM
Last deadlift looked good.

I thought so too, but the judges saw it in real life, so I'm not questioning them. No big deal.

On your bench pressing, it looks backwards, like ur real slow about 7 inches from the chest, then u go real fast to the chest, it should be really hard for u to touch, but it looks easy. A little more material manipulation is needed when u get close to touching, like you should feel it getting really tight, and it should be way harder for you to touch.

Good job.

Yeah, my shirt is big. I borrowed from somebody I train with and plan on buying something made for me when I get a little more experience in this shirt.

SEOINAGE
08-04-2009, 03:09 PM
I was at that meet, I thought your last deadlift looked good too, it looked difficult but it looked clean, although my viewing angle wasn't perfect. I was still surprised you got redlighted.

Brian C
08-07-2009, 02:18 PM
you definately need a shirt with a more stoppping power/smaller chest plate. That shirt is way too loose. Great lifts though big guy! That last dead was dam good imo.