PDA

View Full Version : Is this pretty good?

babodybuilder
08-03-2009, 09:20 PM
This is me doing dumbell press with 90lbs, im 16 and 168lbs, sorry about my friend being dumb

GZnSW6dvqyM

JSully
08-03-2009, 10:21 PM
what's with the paper towels? are you allergic to rubber coated iron?

ELmx479
08-03-2009, 10:30 PM
that's a pretty short range of motion but nice weight. I would drop the weight some and do a full rom. Tell your buddy to get a purse to match his gloves.

Kiaran
08-04-2009, 01:07 AM
Nice job, bro. Strong **** for your age! I think I could press the 40s back then, lol. Take advantage of the DB Press and get the full ROM. Those bells should go lower than a BB bench press would go. Stop lifting your ass off the bench too and definitely tell your buddy to get a purse for those gloves ^^

PWR
08-05-2009, 11:30 AM
Thats too heavy for you and if you get loose at all your looking at a broken nose or missing teeth especially since your buddy is a tool and the paper towels will let the handles slip if they want. Drop down to 75's and do them properly and it will help you in the long run. Your elbows will thank you one day. You are strong but at 16 and 160lbs no need to get ahead of your self.

joey54
08-05-2009, 03:28 PM
Lower the weight and do a proper press.

BFGUITAR
08-05-2009, 06:15 PM
Tell your friend to stop touching you while doing reps. That's bad spotting.

Range of motion could be better but still it aint bad.

Dallas J
08-05-2009, 08:56 PM
Only thing I can say that others havent, dont drop the weights.

I know yours are rubber, but dont get in that habbit cause when you do that with iron the shafts get bent and no long fit in the rack.

Girn26
08-06-2009, 01:55 AM
your friend looks like he wants something in his mouth lol.. but good job i can barely do 55's atm but im just starting out

BilltheButcher
08-06-2009, 06:49 AM
I am not a fan of the ROM, but some guys don't like getting a good stretch, so why use DB then. Personally, I would drop the weight and get a nice stretch. For 16 yrs old that is nice weight, just be careful of injury and ego lifting.

tmor6
08-11-2009, 12:36 PM
Nice, I won't repeat what everyone else already said. Is it just me, or do you and your weight lifting "buddy" match?

All suggestions aside, that's some nice weight to be comfortable with. Good job!

Figg
08-15-2009, 02:04 PM
Hey buddy, as a lot of people have been saying, i would definately take the weight down a couple notches. Really he should not be giving you a spot in this case especially by the 4th rep. You want to bang it out by yourself. Drop the weight to 70's, and get a much deeper range of motion. I wasnt touching the 90s at 16 years old so you got some time to go before you should be using that weight again but again, ditch the spot. It just looks like you are one of those guys in the gym doing too much weight for their own good and you dont want to look like one of those guys.

Altephor
08-15-2009, 03:04 PM
Hey buddy, as a lot of people have been saying, i would definately take the weight down a couple notches. Really he should not be giving you a spot in this case especially by the 4th rep. You want to bang it out by yourself. Drop the weight to 70's, and get a much deeper range of motion. I wasnt touching the 90s at 16 years old so you got some time to go before you should be using that weight again but again, ditch the spot. It just looks like you are one of those guys in the gym doing too much weight for their own good and you dont want to look like one of those guys.

Huh, I didn't know certain dumbbells came with age requirements. Learn something every day.

Figg
08-15-2009, 04:45 PM
clearly they dont. and yes there are obviously many 16 year olds who can press 90 pounds. in this certain case he cannot. im simply saying he is pressing too much weight. you cant honestly tell me you think that is good form. in this specific case it just seems as though he is more worried about putting as much weight as possible up without worrying about good form, something that is all too common in gyms and from what i see typically happens with younger people.

WyztaTrjnsFtbll
08-15-2009, 07:06 PM
sweet gloves............

jmccown
08-15-2009, 07:22 PM
Yeah I was gonna comment on the gloves lol. I can't believe I use to wear them.

Off Road
08-15-2009, 08:50 PM
Same guy that posted a partial (1/2 rep) 315 lb bench.

Jesse Hernandez
08-18-2009, 05:31 PM
Tell your friend to stop touching you while doing reps. That's bad spotting.

Range of motion could be better but still it aint bad.

No its not, hes forcing his reps past what he can do, with dumbells, you want a spotter like that, or you could smash your face or something.

Its just like with regular benching, if your aiming for 5 reps but can only hit 4, and you want to force the final rep, you have a spotter help you, but you make sure hes making you work for the 5th rep.

WyztaTrjnsFtbll
08-18-2009, 08:49 PM
No its not, hes forcing his reps past what he can do, with dumbells, you want a spotter like that, or you could smash your face or something.

Its just like with regular benching, if your aiming for 5 reps but can only hit 4, and you want to force the final rep, you have a spotter help you, but you make sure hes making you work for the 5th rep.

but i think the spotter came in too early. although i dont believe he had good form at all he was still reppin off his half weights and the spotter jumped in and basically pushed up the last ones.

cphafner
08-18-2009, 08:51 PM
You guys realize the poster hasn't been here since he posted this thread. He posted one other thread and same thing. Why waste your time on this?

fpr
08-18-2009, 09:24 PM
He wanted us to pump up his ego, instead, got shut down when we gave constructive criticism, lol.