PDA

View Full Version : Critique my fitness plan please.

Coltm4
08-03-2009, 11:10 PM
I am currently trying to lose 50 lbs and gain more muscle. I would appreciate some feedback. I apologize if I am not using the correct lingo. If you need more info or clarification please let me know.

Workout:

3 days on 1 day off

Cardio 45 minutes every day but off day

Day 1 Chest and Triceps
Day 2 Shoulders and legs
Day 3 Biceps and Back

Generally 3 excersises for each body part with 3 sets 10-8-6 reps adding weight as I go down.

Diet:
Based on data from fit day. I did the custom entries so this should be very accurate

Carbs 29% Protein 50% Fat 20% 1928 calories per day

Breakfast Oatmeal, 3 egg whites from hard boiled eggs, and protein shake
Snack Protein shake banana, and 1tbsp of adams PB
Lunch Chicken breast and brown rice
Snack Protein shake
Dinner Chicken breast brown rice
Post workout Protein shake

I am drinking about 100 ounces of water per day.

Supplements:

Meal replacement shakes are ON Gold Standard 100% Whey 1 scoop mixed with water
Post Workout shake is 1 scoop of ON Pro Complex and 1 scoop of protein above mixed with water.
10 grams of creatine per day. Mixed with morning protein shake and post workout shake. I mix 5 grams with each serving.
ZMA 3 tablets before bedtime.

Let me know what you think and where I can improve. Like I said I am hoping to lose weight and build more muscle.

Unreal
08-04-2009, 09:16 AM
Routine could use some work. I would stick to a premade one for now. I seriously doubt you will gain any muscle on this diet/routine. You may gain strength but 1930 cals with that level of activity for a large male (assumption since you didn't post your stats) is VERY low and you'll probably be losing fat/muscle.

Coltm4
08-04-2009, 09:38 AM
28 years old. 6'2". I started at 265 2 weeks ago and I am 252 right now. What recommendations do you have for me?

Unreal
08-04-2009, 02:58 PM
Figure out your maintence and drop 500 cals for it. Adjust from there.

BilltheButcher
08-04-2009, 03:22 PM
Maybe mix some green leafy veggies in there like spinach or maybe some broccoli, a multivitamin, I wonder if you are getting enough fat, depends on the PB amount.