PDA

View Full Version : Question about Body Fat% and cutting

aterry
08-04-2009, 08:48 AM
Since starting working out again, I have completely cleaned up my diet and eat nothing but healthy food and have tried to bulk so I can gain muscle. However, is it considered unusual to go from a 15.5% BF to 20% BF in about 6-7 weeks? My diet essentially consists of two eggs, carrots, and milk in the morning, a zone bar three hours later, lunch centered around protein and vegetables, a zone bar three hours later, and grilled chicken with either whole wheat pasta, whole grain brown rice, vegetables, fruit, and milk. I only have about four days per month where, if unavoidable, will eat pizza or unhealthy food, and I do SS M/W/F with HIIT on Tues/Thurs/Sat. I'm 5/9, 173 lbs and I feel like I've put on more bodyfat than actual weight. Do I just not understand the basics of bulk and cut, or what?

platypus
08-04-2009, 03:15 PM
If you are bulking, you will gain body fat. You can have a clean diet and minimize this fat, but it will inevitably come along for the ride in some proportion.

XMadmanX
08-04-2009, 05:31 PM
just keep going, when you cut you will see your new muscles and it will be easier to lose the fat because muscle increases your metabolism.

Kastro
08-04-2009, 05:37 PM
I'd say that's pretty unusual, yes. Wtf is a zone bar? Probably loaded with sugar; ditch it.

TremL96
08-05-2009, 07:13 AM
I'd say that's pretty unusual, yes. Wtf is a zone bar? Probably loaded with sugar; ditch it.

If I had to guess, it's a protein bar of some sort. Which you'd think if they have protein bars for lifters, that they'd try to keep as much unhealthy parts as possible.

Like people have already said, you will undoubtedly gain some fat along the way in a bulk. Don't sweat it. Once you start cutting, you'll see the results.

brihead301
08-05-2009, 08:28 AM
Ya, instead of a zone bar, just get whey protein powder and either mix it with milk or water. Water if you're trying to stay low carb.

Cards
08-05-2009, 07:34 PM
alot of people miss the concept of healthy food. healthy food is exactly that, healthy. It doesn't mean the food doesn't contain calories. If you're eating 4000 calories of healthy food, you're still eating 4000 calories. Cut back on how much you're eating.