PDA

View Full Version : Eat 6 meals a day, how about 20?

hellagrant
08-04-2009, 04:04 PM
Cutting or bulking, you should eat about 6 meals a day. For many many good reasons.

Theoretically, is eating 20 meals a day even better? Or does the body actually need time in between meals.

dxiw
08-04-2009, 04:19 PM
Assuming that the total amount of calories and macros is the same, the only difference between eating 2 meals a day and 100 is that the more often you eat the more stable your blood sugar levels are, your energy levels, and the better you feel (don't go through peroids of being bloated / etc). Otherwise, they are the same. The food has to go through your digestive system sooner or later and will be absorbed equally (unless you are taking some potent supplement / aas or doing some crazy workout scheme - this could affect digestion and thus make you **** out stuff faster/slower as the substance/effect comes on and wears off).

Chase Randall
08-04-2009, 04:56 PM
http://www.wannabebig.com/diet-and-nutrition/eating-optimally-for-massive-size-and-strength/

Had quite a bit of good pointers/advice.

Skalami
08-05-2009, 06:46 AM
im kinda like this, i dont eat too many whole meals at one sitting i space em out over the course of an hour or two, not intentionally just when im working i take a bite work for 10-20 then go back take another bite. The only thing i down in one 10-20min sitting is my post workout shake. Ive always wondered if this is different on your system at all. Maybe it makes it so when you do eat one meal at once your insulin spikes more?

VikingWarlord
08-05-2009, 09:11 AM
Cutting or bulking, you should eat about 6 meals a day. For many many good reasons.

Fail.

No metabolic advantage either way. It's comfort more than anything.

Unreal
08-05-2009, 03:39 PM
1 or 100, doesn't matter.

anelka
08-05-2009, 08:02 PM
I eat one grain of rice every ten seconds throughout the day.

BigCorey75
08-05-2009, 10:49 PM
how in the hell do you find the time, or better yet the will and desire to eat 20 times a day?

i dont care if you only take 20 bites of food and count them as meals, its excessive in its planning and such

6 is the most id tell anyone to eat, normally stick to 4-5, and at the very least 3 solid square meals a day

20?? wow thats like.... crazy

fer serious

Skalami
08-06-2009, 09:55 AM
For me its just the way i eat, not really intentional.

TysonFaulkner
08-07-2009, 05:53 PM
Theoretically it would be better to eat constantly throughout the day (as long as you never over eat). But practically, how would you pull that off? I think your whole life would revolve around what you eat.

And since 5-6 meals a day works fine, why go through that?

Skalami
08-07-2009, 06:12 PM
Actually after reading that insulin timing thing it might seem that eating really small meals constantly isnt a great idea to promote growth. Im not sure if thats the take away from that article. What do you guys think? http://www.wannabebig.com/diet-and-nutrition/eating-optimally-for-massive-size-and-strength/

Whuditdew
08-21-2009, 05:19 PM
Fail.

No metabolic advantage either way. It's comfort more than anything.

Stabilizes blood sugar, improves digestion, etc...

BFGUITAR
08-21-2009, 06:15 PM

The improvement in digestion is again a comfort thing. Some people feel horrible after big meals, others don't. If you don't have diabetes the sugar isn't a problem. Of course eating 1kg of sugar at once isn't good but if you eat big meals that include protein+carbs+fats (like most people do) then the sugar stabilization isn't a problem.

VikingWarlord
08-22-2009, 03:19 PM

The improvement in digestion is again a comfort thing. Some people feel horrible after big meals, others don't. If you don't have diabetes the sugar isn't a problem. Of course eating 1kg of sugar at once isn't good but if you eat big meals that include protein+carbs+fats (like most people do) then the sugar stabilization isn't a problem.

Bears repeating.

anonymous1
08-22-2009, 05:26 PM
I'd like to thank everyone on this thread for providing accurate information. You guys are the best.

twm
08-22-2009, 05:57 PM
I eat one grain of rice every ten seconds throughout the day.

rofl