PDA

View Full Version : changing eating habbits

fatty_09
08-05-2009, 12:22 PM
im pretty overweight, so going from how i normally eat to healthy is so hard. does there ever come a time where if you hold out long enough your body adjust? will i ever lose the urge to eat like i normally do? and another thing, how big of an impact will cutting soft drinks out make in my weight? i drink a good bit, like 6 or so 12 oz cans a day.

BCorn
08-05-2009, 12:47 PM
cutting the soft drinks will deff. make a difference. I am not sure that you will ever totally lose the urge to eat junk food but it will get easier...probably after about 3 weeks. take bay steps....keep making minor adjustements and stay in this game for the long haul!

given'er
08-05-2009, 12:53 PM
Even just cutting out the soft drinks is a good place to start. Especially if they are not "diet". Replace them with water. Try to drink 3-4 litres of water a day. Keeping yourself hydrated by consuming adequate H2O is a good way to control hunger cravings. Take some time to read through the stickey's on this site and ask questions. There is tonnes of great info and support here. Good luck.

fatty_09
08-05-2009, 01:47 PM
i see what you're talkinga bout with the water helping the hunger cravings. i had my first and only meal today about 4 hours ago and havent really had the urge to eat.

Unreal
08-05-2009, 03:35 PM
Even after losing 100+lbs and keeping it off for years I still battle cravings every day. It is a nonstop battle.

Clifford Gillmore
08-05-2009, 03:41 PM
I had to change from eating vegtables and fruits for every second meal to pies, burgers, coke, energy drinks, chocolate, cakes and ice cream - I kid, this just doesn't sound right does it?. You have to think about the logic behind what you are doing, you have to STOP justifying what you are doing. You know damn well that cutting out all of that sugar will impact your weight, and you know damn well your going to crave it because of your body wanting simple carbs. Its hard, relish in the task of bettering your body and your health - fail, and be like everyone else. You don't want to be like everyone else, do you?

fatty_09
08-05-2009, 03:59 PM
i know that cutting out all the sugar will impact my weight, and i know ill always want to eat junk food. but my thing is to what signifigance will it impact my weight and does the urge to gorge myself become a less difficult thing to deal with?

Unreal
08-05-2009, 06:09 PM
Calories is what matters, not carbs. It doesn't matter if you replace all the carbs with other food.

As for urges, that just depends on the person. It didn't help me. I still have urges. In fact the leaner I get the worse they are.