PDA

View Full Version : Help, very hungry after 8pm

morristown
08-09-2009, 10:02 AM
Help, not sure what the deal is the past few days, but I know I have been eating enough through the day, but these last 2 nights I have been so hungry after 8pm.

Both nights, I tried a Protean Shake, waited 30 minutes, still hungry, Friday night I had half an avocado, still hungry, so made 2 pieces of bacon and 2 eggs, still hungry and by then it was 10:45, so I had a hand full of mixed nuts and 3 Tylenol PM's

Last night was similar, but ended up having a lean hamburger patty with Cheese, then 1/2 avocado, and blueberries with milk on them, then at the end a protean shake.

Saturday was a non lifting day, but I had gone for a hour walk, and done three 2 minute sprints at 7.5mph on a 6% incline. But that was it.

Friday i had done a leg workout, and done some walking.

No real weight loose over the past 2 weeks, but the size 34 waist pants which were a little tight when I purchased them 2 weeks ago, are now a little loose, or they were on Friday when I had them on. Not sure about today.

So, could there be a reason other then not eating enough during the day, that I have been so hungry later on?

joey54
08-09-2009, 10:16 AM
You are thinking too much. Eat a little more complex carbs/veggies during the day. Eat a protein meal and veggies areound 8:00 pm.

Joshua_P
08-09-2009, 03:59 PM
Are you eating enough protein?
Part of being on a diet/caloric deficit is being a little bit hungry sometimes. I dont know to what degree your hunger is though. Im losing weight right now, and I drink two scoops of a MRP shake before bed, and im still losing. As long as it fits in your macros, eat when you need to, although eating before bed might be more detrimental to weight loss that not eating after dinner.

morristown
08-09-2009, 06:18 PM
I am currently at 194lbs.

On average I am getting about 150grams of Protein per day, spread out fairly evenly. Never more than 40 grams in less then a 2 hour period. I believe I read someplace that it is hard or impossible for the body take and properly use more then that in less than that amount of time. But I could be wrong on that.

On my 4 weight lifting days, I am doing at least 4 exercises with 4 sets in each on per major muscle group. 3 or each of the 4 sets are what i call failure sets where I am using enough weight that I will fail and need help someplace between 4 and 7 reps. not sure if that makes any difference for this thread.

Mercuryblade
08-09-2009, 09:04 PM
Eat lots of vegetables, they will fill you up and aren't very calorie dense.

Unreal
08-10-2009, 10:39 AM
Post your macros and your daily diet.

Fats fill you up. Try a veggie heavy meal with some fat added. A few cups of brocolli with some butter should keep you stuffed for a bit.

morristown
08-10-2009, 02:38 PM
Post your macros and your daily diet.

Fats fill you up. Try a veggie heavy meal with some fat added. A few cups of brocolli with some butter should keep you stuffed for a bit.

Help me with what you mean by macros and I will be happy to put that together.

Going to try adding more vegetables like advised. Should help keep me away from some of the hi calorie stuff that I have been putting into myself. Though I have been suprised dispite all the eating, that I have not put on any weight, but that cannot last I am sure, so better to start putting more healthy stuff in.

Jim

vdizenzo
08-11-2009, 03:03 PM
Macros=Macronutrients; what is the breakdown of your diet as far as how many calories, grams of protein, fat, and carbohydrates you ingest a day.

morristown
08-11-2009, 09:17 PM
ok, I understand now.

160 grams Protein
200 grams Carbs
70 grams Fat

Unreal
08-12-2009, 08:21 AM
Drop some carbs, up the fat. Carbs make a lot of people hungry, fats make you feel full.

Holto
08-12-2009, 11:11 AM
That's 2070 cals. How much do you weigh?