PDA

View Full Version : How much protein?

rambusanna
08-09-2009, 05:15 PM
I need about 180g of protein a day. Do I take this much even on days that I take off?

BigTallOx
08-09-2009, 05:16 PM
I need about 180g of protein a day. Do I take this much even on days that I take off?

You asked this in your other message. Why start another thread?

rambusanna
08-09-2009, 05:17 PM
No one answered, lol.

Off Road
08-09-2009, 05:21 PM
Everyone answered...it just wasn't the answer you wanted to hear.

rambusanna
08-09-2009, 05:22 PM
We don't eat much meat in my family. It's not that easy for me to get enough protein without using a powder. Can yall stop being wise guys, and just answer my question.

Off Road
08-09-2009, 05:24 PM
Meat is cheaper than protien powder. Are you vegitarian?

pablonba
08-09-2009, 05:25 PM
You have to find the way to get the amount you need. My uncle started to bulk at 28 because he didnt have money to eat a truck of protein everyday.

rambusanna
08-09-2009, 05:26 PM
Meat is cheaper than protien powder. Are you vegitarian?

No I'm not. I have to work and stuff. I can't eat 8 meals a day dude. If it's a powder I can drink that anywhere. I plan on eating more mean than I do now, but I still can't get 180g of it from just food.

Clover
08-09-2009, 05:31 PM
I have a related question. I'm going to eat the 175 grams I need to grow but how do you know what is too much for your kidneys? Are there any warning signs that you could be doing damage or do you just find out when you're in the hospital and its too late?

It seems like a lot of people take 1 gram per pound of lean body mass and are completely fine, but some advise taking 2 grams per pound which I won't do. I'm perfectly healthy so I imagine I'd be fine but is there anything to look out for?

Sorry if this is in the stickies as I couldn't see it anywhere..

rambusanna
08-09-2009, 05:32 PM
So, do I eat the same amount of protein on the days that I am not working out? I am gonna go with the WBB Original.

rambusanna
08-09-2009, 05:34 PM
I have a related question. I'm going to eat the 175 grams I need to grow but how do you know what is too much for your kidneys? Are there any warning signs that you could be doing damage or do you just find out when you're in the hospital and its too late?

It seems like a lot of people take 1 gram per pound of lean body mass and are completely fine, but some advise taking 2 grams per pound which I won't do. I'm perfectly healthy so I imagine I'd be fine but is there anything to look out for?

Sorry if this is in the stickies as I couldn't see it anywhere..

I've heard that if you experience lower back pain, your kidneys are having trouble. There is info on that at www.bodybuilding.com under the "how much protein" section.

Justin Ryan
08-09-2009, 05:38 PM
Yes, eat the same amount.

I think its like .85~ 1.5g to grow? I'm not 100% sure on that. I eat about 1.5~2g per/lb every day. If your drinking enough water, which you should be, your kidneys should be fine.

BigTallOx
08-09-2009, 07:02 PM

Right on this page, toward the top is an article "Eating Optimally for Massive Size and Strength", did you even read it?

Can yall stop being wise guys, and just answer my question.

Typical noobie who wants everything given to them. Do some research and see what works for other people or what the theories are about what is best, and then experiment to see what works for you.

Future
08-09-2009, 08:57 PM
1.5-2 grams per pound of bodyweight is the high end. I would say use some rotation with the protein. We do it with carbs with alot of success. 1-2 grams....give it a go.

Mercuryblade
08-09-2009, 09:01 PM
I've heard that if you experience lower back pain, your kidneys are having trouble. There is info on that at www.bodybuilding.com under the "how much protein" section.

It's pretty hard to damage your kidneys from protein supplements.
http://www.nutritionandmetabolism.com/content/2/1/25

Those guys that are getting kidney damage either have a pre-existing medical condition or are taking something else besides your standard protein, creatine, and a multi-vitamin.

Future
08-09-2009, 09:05 PM
Yeah there is no real data to point to kidney damage. Jose Antonio has some articles on this subject and the MYTHS from too much protein.