PDA

View Full Version : getstarted : Rough start

getstarted
08-11-2009, 11:20 PM
Started lifting a few months ago. Iím 5'6 and was 145. I thought I needed around 3200-3600 cals a day to bulk up. Long story short ended up losing 10 lb and obviously minimal gains.

As of last week I increased cal intake to 4000 cal a day and have gained 7 lb and actually have started to notice some gains. Shoving that much food into my body is a real bitch. I try to eat either 4 1000 cal meals, do 4 meals and a few snacks, or just eat when Iím hungry. But its still a real bitch to try to shove that much food into my stomach. Any advice?? I think Im having the hardest time with my diet and getting the right amount of carbs, fats, and protein. I think I have a good mix of foods at each meal. Generally my meal looks like this.

Breakfast: two slices of whole wheat toast with cream cheese, smoked salmon, cottage cheese, an apple and sometimes a hard boiled egg.

Morning snack if I think I can fit it into my body: Protein shake or apples with peanut butter, or cottage cheese with some type of fruit.

Lunch: Turkey sandwich with mayo mustard and cheese, 2 boiled eggs. cucumber, more salmon or trout.

afternoon snack: usually some time of fruit or veggie.

Dinner: steak or some type of lean meat, baked potato, some sort of veggie.

Bedtime: protein shake, cottage cheese with some type of fruit mixed in.

All of this averages to about 3800-4000 cal.

Lift 5 days a week. Rest days are somewhat random depends how sore I am the next day. Iím thinking of adding light cardio on my rest days. Generally splits go a such.

Day 1: chest and tri, some times bi in there too. Abs

Day 2: back, shoulders (and bi if I didnít do it the day before.) Abs

Day 3: legs and Abs

Day 4: chest and tri

Day 5: Back, shoulders, bi

Day6: rest

Day7: rest
OR

Day 1 :chest and tri, some times bi in there too. Abs

Day 2: back and shoulders (and bi if I didnít do it the day before.) Abs

Day 3:rest

Day 4: legs and Abs