Tuna, Califlower and Broccoli, and 2 bannana's, and 2 cups of milk

3:30/Tuna, Oatmeal, and Broccoli and Califlower

4:30/Lift

5:30/Chicken
(Pre-packaged, it's just faster to make), Rice, and veggies

6:00/Work

6:30/2 Homemade protein bars
(34/26/12 -- 240 calories)

10:00/Tuna, veggies, 2 banana's oatmea [Probably will drop the Oatmeal], and 2 cups of milk

I'm 16/165/5'11

Here's the recipe of the protein bars i'm making:

Chocolate Designer Protein Bars

1/4 cup peanut butter
tbsp of cocoa
1 tbsp full fat cream cheese
3 scoops designer protein
1-1 1/2 Tbs water

Mix together peanut butter and other stuff. Add protein powder and
water. Knead on wax paper and divide into 4 bars. Store in refrigerator.

Should I be eating more red meats?

I only have an oven--no grill, and I really can't cook much...I really need food that is fast and easy to make...

Thanks

Budiak
04-22-2002, 06:38 PM
Maybe for breakfast you could add a few egg whites to boost up the protein count.

Also, the choco syrup, although fat free, contains TONS of sugar which is not a good staple in any diet. Unless you're InferiorDesign.

Tru
04-22-2002, 06:58 PM
Copied the wrong recipe... Is that one in the edited post good? Only reason i'm eating those is because i need something really small W/ lots of carbs and protein I can eat fast at work and school. If you have any other suggestions of real food, that would be great..

How many eggs, should I eat the yolks for all of 'em too?

What about other food? I'm barely eating any meat, that can't be good, can it?

I want to be lean and cut, not just big...
This is my routine, well, probably. (http://wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=12831)

I guess this is my first bulk..

When should I change my diet and start cutting?

Tru
04-22-2002, 07:06 PM
And.....

What supplements, if any, should I take?

Would know be a good time to start taking them or should I wait?

Budiak
04-22-2002, 08:10 PM
Yeah that recipe looks a little better, if not a bit high on the fat side (which doesnt matter if you need the fat).

As for supps, you are fine with your protein powder for now. Get a multivitamin that tastes like strawberries.

Change your diet when you get too fat to fit in your pants, or until you think its right to start. Some people have a target weight that they go for, some people go until they can lift a certain amount. I go until the belt gets too long.

Tru
04-22-2002, 08:14 PM
Okay...

So no meat is fine?

Tru
04-22-2002, 08:15 PM
Well, basically no meat..

Tru
04-22-2002, 08:45 PM
What are some small things I could take to school and eat? My school lunch really sucks, I think i'm gonna eat a few things after lunch, I just dont know what. I need something small w/ lots of protein and carbs (Or at least I think so anyway ;))

Budiak
04-23-2002, 10:28 AM
No meat is horrible.

You should be eating pounds and pounds of beef, whole chickens two at a time, buckets of pork.

Umm..meat is fine, generally. Even cutting diets can afford some lean beef, and most of us have feathers and scaly legs from all of the chicken and tuna we've eaten. By all means eat your meat and drink your tuna.

Yes you read that correctly.

As for your school lunch, take a tuna sandwich or two on wheat bread. If that doesnt fill you up, throw in a pint or two of milk and some fruit. If that doesnt fill you up, eat a nerd or a special ed kid.
Or some souls.

If you want something small with lots of protein and carbs, eat a metrx bar. Its got something like 30g protein and 50something grams of carbs. I'm talking about the 'big 100g bar', not the high protein one. Any protein bar would be good, if you're not on an extremely tight budget. Since you may be going to high school (hell I dont freakin know you), budget may be tight, so eating a tuna sammich in passing period wouldn't hurt.

Remember- the best protein source is tuna. As low as 30c per can, and a sure way to get 32.5g of low fat protein. With some wheat bread and light mayo, you've got 36g protein, 40g carbs, 6g fiber, 6g fat. I sometimes base entire days around this, its like a plug and play meal, I always know whats in it. If I dont want to do calculations or think, I eat this. I can just eat a couple of these a day and I dont have to worry about anything else, like zombies.

NIGHT
OF THE LIVING DEAD!
Experience a night of PURE TERROR!

Tru
04-23-2002, 02:49 PM
Damn, tuna has a lot of protein. I might take some of that to school..or eat some preworkout?

What about turkey or some of those meats you dont have to cook? I might take that to school instead of tuna cuz it doesnt taste so nasty, then eat tuna after school with cottage cheese, cashews, and veggies.. Would that be good?

Tru
04-23-2002, 03:33 PM
I changed it up a little bit...

Would eating Tuna before I go to bed and right after school be good? If i do that, should I eat cottage cheese too?

How much protein/carbs/fats should I eat per lb? I think i'm at like 210g's-260g's of protein, no clue on the others..

Budiak
04-23-2002, 08:39 PM
If you buy cold cuts, make sure they are fresh lean cuts. Watch the guy cut them off of the slab at the deli counter. Dont buy packaged crap, its probably mostly Russian children. Otherwise, I think they're fine.

But Tuna is the most cost efficient and (imo) convenient source of protein.

As for your cottage cheese idea, eat cottage cheese or tuna whenever you need protein, it doesnt really matter if you're trying to put on weight. Right before bed is fine, it will keep your body from eating itself during the night, which is good, cuz the zombie unions will get pissed at you for doing their jobs for them without signing release papers.

Eating the Tuna with cottage cheese may be a little too much protein in one sitting(so I hear-from chumps, mostly), but if the taste is so revolting to you, find a happy medium. Cashews may be a good idea to add good fats in there, I never thought of that. You may have something good there, boy. Patent it before somebody steals it.

Hell, maybe in a little while you'll see your idea plastered all over A&E on a prime monday night time slot because your executive producer has A BIG FAT ******* MOUTH. That son of a bitch.

After school is fine as well. Eat when you want to eat, just eat enough. Any extra is just building blocks, remember that.

Tru
04-24-2002, 06:23 PM
Do I have enough unsaturated fats and stuff? :)

Thanks

Budiak
04-24-2002, 09:03 PM
If you eat the cashews and shazrel, you should be getting enough good fat. Plus wheat and other whole grains have some good fat content as well, such as oatmeal's 2g per bowl of unsaturated fat.

You are eating your oatmeal, arent you?

Tru
04-24-2002, 09:25 PM
Takes a while to make in the morning, If I did..I'd get rid of the wheat bread...

Maybe I should eat oatmeal after school?

Bobarell
04-24-2002, 11:02 PM
Man, eat your Oats before wo.......The carbs will help out while lifting. Either that or eat them for breakfast.

You could also blend it up with a protein drinnk and take it like that.

Oats are very important in my opinion, but since i am new here my opinion probably isn't too important.LOL

Budiak
04-25-2002, 03:08 AM
What is with this after school crap? Eat them when you need to eat, before workout is a great time to eat oats.

After school eat a normal meal like every other friggin meal. The only meals that are special are pre and post workout. The rest could be the same.

Today I ate 4 tuna sandwiches, one chicken breast sandwich, and a protein shake.

I am the MAN THE MAN THE MAN.

Tru
04-25-2002, 04:19 PM
I edited it up, how's it look now?

I dont eat oats in the morning cuz it takes a while.. Unless, is there a microwavable kind that is healthy and doesnt taste like ****?

Tru
04-25-2002, 04:21 PM
Water, how much is enough? You really cant drink too much, can you?

I drink a few glasses before school, then in school I barely drink any water--no time...After School 'till I sleep I drink a lot. Probably 2 or 3 liters, is that enough?

Blending oats in a protein shake, I might try that before school...

Tru
04-26-2002, 02:28 PM
Check out the first message now, a lot more Tuna.. I think that's what i'm gonna be using for my diet...

Budiak
04-26-2002, 09:14 PM
Oatmeal takes five minutes, fewl. Follow the directions on the container, unless you've stolen handfuls of it from the bulk section of the grocery store, you filthy disgusting thief.

I dont talk to criminals.

Bobarell
04-26-2002, 09:18 PM
Quaker oats take a whole 2 minutes in the microwave.

WillyTheGreat
04-26-2002, 10:02 PM
Man, if that protein bar'll work, I'd like to make some but wouldn't it be high in fat? Lots of peanut butter and cream cheese.

Tru
04-27-2002, 05:02 PM
I changed the diet up a little...

Here's the totals:

Calories/Fats/Carbs/Protein
3949/173/470/292

Is that good? This is a bulk... :)

What should I change when I go on my cut?