PDA

View Full Version : protein shakes during a cut?

Corey170
08-13-2009, 02:10 AM
I'm just doing a cut right now and I was wondering if protein shakes were a good choice. Every shake that I take has 50 grams of protein and 210 calories so it is a large dose of calories for a beverage. On the other hand, it is pretty filling and can sometimes be used as a meal with maybe a banana or something. Any thought on this?

tom183
08-13-2009, 07:18 AM
I wouldnt really call 210 calories a large dose.
Shakes aren't going to hurt, just make sure to account for them in your daily macros. If you can stay under maintenance calories whilst getting in enough protein then they're fine.

Adam
08-13-2009, 08:06 AM
I pretty much live off of shakes!

Too much protein isn't going to make you fat, don't worry about extra cals from protein IMO

given'er
08-13-2009, 11:26 AM
I pretty much live off of shakes!

Too much protein isn't going to make you fat, don't worry about extra cals from protein IMO

X2.....when I was cutting I found the easiest way to meet my protien requirements without taking in alot of calories was with shakes. Can get a bit expensive though.

Corey170
08-13-2009, 10:46 PM
awesome guys thanx. Protein shalkes are the only thing that really fill me up besides big meals (which Im trying to avoid). The price factor is something I've come to terms with, so Ill be downing shakes like no tommorow.