PDA

View Full Version : Just got my creatine 500...

cdavis50
08-14-2009, 03:11 PM
I'm happy to say I got my creatine today that I ordered a couple of days ago. But I do have a few questions about it. I've been lifting for a while but for some reason I have never used creatine. I've been reading around on the internet for some info..i've learned some but a lot of people have mixed info..So I want to get some things straight. Best time to take it- I've read the best time to take it is about an hour before you wake up, In some type of juice? Load or not to load- I have read that your body can only take in 2.5grams a day and you can waste alot if you take to much...so any good info will help me out alot..thanks.

tabormcandrews
08-14-2009, 04:02 PM
not only will you be wasting the creatine by taking more than 2.5, but it's also kinda dangerous (depending on how your body reacts to the creatine) if you have too much creatine it will do things to your body and from how i understand it it can have an "energy drink" like effect and boost your heart rate. but i don't know all of the sciences behind the mechanics. but the one thing that i do know is that in order to get the maximum performance out of your creatine is that you need to alternate when you take it. for example; the most common time period i know of is two months, so if you take creatine on a daily basis for 2 months then you need to take 2 months off of creatine for your body to balance out. you do this so your body doesn't get become too reliant on the creatine and taking time off will help you body boost its capacity to produce the chemicals you need.

backseatwitme13
08-14-2009, 06:30 PM
you don't need to cycle off creatine if you don't want to. it's not a stimulant that your body builds a resistance to. i've been taking 5 g a day for a while now with no adverse effects. i don't think loading is crucial. i would take it 30-45 minutes before your workouts, and with breakfast on rest days

cdavis50
08-14-2009, 07:39 PM
My bad..I meant take it an hour before I work out not wake up. I don't plan on being on it for a long time..atleast I don't think..I mainly got it to keep up my strength, endurance, and energy while I cut/lose fat. So I just take it one time a day about an hour before I work out right? But I'm still wondering how much to take..if your body only takes in 2.5, theres pretty much no point in takin more. A teaspoon of it is 5grams, so would I wanna just take roughly half a teaspoon a day?

vdizenzo
08-17-2009, 08:15 AM
It does not matter too much when you take it. Just take it consistently everyday.

Travis Bell
08-17-2009, 11:17 AM
not only will you be wasting the creatine by taking more than 2.5, but it's also kinda dangerous (depending on how your body reacts to the creatine) if you have too much creatine it will do things to your body and from how i understand it it can have an "energy drink" like effect and boost your heart rate. but i don't know all of the sciences behind the mechanics. but the one thing that i do know is that in order to get the maximum performance out of your creatine is that you need to alternate when you take it. for example; the most common time period i know of is two months, so if you take creatine on a daily basis for 2 months then you need to take 2 months off of creatine for your body to balance out. you do this so your body doesn't get become too reliant on the creatine and taking time off will help you body boost its capacity to produce the chemicals you need.

What an absolutely ridiculous post.

The normally accepted dose that is most effective for people is 5g/day, not 2.5. Not sure where you got that from.

Creatine will most certainly not cause serious health side effects if you take more than 2.5g/day.

Do you like red meat? Guess what, there's plenty of creatine in that as well.

You also don't need to cycle off creatine. There is no reason whatsoever to do that besides the mental awareness of the strength gain when you stop and start it like that.

Lones Green
08-17-2009, 12:04 PM
Just curious, to the OP, how would you take it an hour before you wake up?