PDA

View Full Version : Considering follow the "Power Eating" book diet...need advice please

xproushe
08-14-2009, 09:02 PM
hey everyone,
i just purchased the book Power Eating by Susan Kliener and am thinking about following the diet plan in the book but i am a little nervous due to the macronutrient ratios she suggests. So i was hoping i could get your guys advice before i start.
Well I am 24 years old, have been lifting for about 2-3 years, 6'0 185lbs 12-13%bf. I find it very hard to gain any weight, and when i do, its mostly fat. I find it very hard to lose body fat, instead i lose muscle. I am skinny with no mass but not defined at all either. I guess what one would consider a "skinny-fat". I have tried numerous diets, including high protein/low carb. My goal is to lose body fat and gain lean mass ultimately. I lift 3 days a week/mostly all compound movements. I also play basketball 2 days a week. I don't believe my workout routine is whats wrong. I believe its my nutrition. I just can't find whats right for my body.

This book says to eat about 55%carbs/15%protein/30%fat with 4264 total calories, for an active person trying to build muscle and lose body fat at my weight. (me)

Im a little hesitent to start this because i don't believe those numbers sound correct. From what ive read before, 15% protein isn't nearly enough, and thats alot of carbs, especially because my body fat is already too high. I am extremely dedicated to any diet/workout routine i try, so i just find it very frusturating getting no results while trying so hard day in and day out.

If anyone has any advice/comments, please let me know...because i feel like im running out of options! thanks!

backseatwitme13
08-15-2009, 12:13 AM
i got the book as well. while it does have legitimate diet advice to follow, her cookie-cutter diet plans don't really work out as she says they do.

Clifford Gillmore
08-15-2009, 12:28 AM
I have the book as well, and alot of the stuff in there is dated. You should be looking at the body builder/olympic lifters/power lifter section, those numbers look like track and field work out days.

Try something like 30p/40c/30f to start with, and if you begin to stall out on weight loss you can lower the carbs to lower your overall calorie intake.

xproushe
08-15-2009, 05:12 PM
i appreciate your guys help. Im gonna try startin out at the ratios you say and see what happens.