pA5GtM_FD7U

Low Box Squats 185 x 8
oHAU6oDSIJo

Clifford Gillmore
08-15-2009, 02:19 AM
Okay, LOTS of things here;

Deadlift
1; Lower back arch, I recommend it.
2; How tall are you? You may actually need to put a bit of distance between yourself and your shins
3; Get your chest out

Sqaut;

Okay, your knees are drifting forward waay to much for a PL sqaut - it makes getting to paralell harder, and stops the involvement of hamstrings.

1; Leed with your hips, like your about to good morning. you want to go BACK, not down. ARCH harder.
2; As soon as can't go further back, your body starts to go down - your shins will still be verticle
3; When you get your butt down to the box keep tight, pause for split second
4; Leed with your head going back, and your chest going up.

You may have to use a higher box for a longer time, until you correct your form issues. I'm saying this because of your lower back losing its arch, from about half way down. Check out Sensei's SquatRX, alot of this is covered :)

fpr
08-15-2009, 09:28 AM
Thanks, I've always had form issues but can't seem to know how to correct them.

I'm 5'11

Deadlift: I've had people tell me the same exact things before (except putting more distance between the bar and my shins). I've tried but can't seem to get my chest out or arch that lower back.

Same with the squats, I thought I was leading with the hips (lol, you should've seen my form before). And the lower back is a hamstring flexibility issue right?

Damn, this is so frustrating.

d0rkyd00d
08-15-2009, 10:25 AM
To me it seems like your hips aren't low enough for you to be able to stick your chest up on the dead lifts. Also maybe pinching your shoulder blades tighter together if you can?

But everybody is different, especially form-wise. AKA Konstantinov or whatever that dude's name is.

slashkills
08-15-2009, 10:51 AM
If your having a hard time leading with your hips on the squat, try a higher box and a wider stance. The closer your stance the harder it will be to keep your knees from traveling forwards. If you are at parallel or close to it i think a little bit of knee travel is fine as long as your stance is roughly shoulder width.

Lones Green
08-15-2009, 12:01 PM
Thanks, I've always had form issues but can't seem to know how to correct them.

I'm 5'11

Deadlift: I've had people tell me the same exact things before (except putting more distance between the bar and my shins). I've tried but can't seem to get my chest out or arch that lower back.

Same with the squats, I thought I was leading with the hips (lol, you should've seen my form before). And the lower back is a hamstring flexibility issue right?

Damn, this is so frustrating.

Sounds like you need to work on lots of flexibility stuff

fpr
08-16-2009, 10:41 PM
Agreed, I will back off the squats for now and find some other exercises to do while I continue to stretch the heck out of my lower body (Am starting to feel some of the consequences of poor form). Will find some other lower body exercises to do in the meantime.

Won't stop with the DLs, but will try and work on that lower back arch. thanks.

siuecougar
08-27-2009, 11:04 PM
why would you ever stop squats?!?!?!?!?!?!!

fpr
08-28-2009, 05:32 PM
so I don't injure myself, even if I go lighter I know my form is still off. I have to work a lot on flexibility. My knees are starting to ache and when I squat I can def. feel my lower back rounding once I hit the hole which is putting a lot of strain on it.