PDA

View Full Version : My pics

aormz
08-15-2009, 02:18 AM
If you wanna help me estimate body fat % that would be great! The pics arent the best, I will update in another month of progress with my starting strength routine. I got a fat stomach :( but comments and critiques are OK thanks

25 238lbs 6'3

Chase Randall
08-15-2009, 02:43 AM
You can use this website for a simple estimate:

http://www.freedieting.com/tools/body_fat_calculator.htm

I don't know your waists specs so I couldn't input it for you.

Al3X
08-15-2009, 02:53 AM
From the size of your waist, I'd take a random guess of 19-20%

If you could take more pictures of pinching your waist, and or triceps (relaxed) it would help.

berfles
08-15-2009, 12:09 PM
You look like you have decent mass in your chest, but you really need some shoulders. And I can't tell if the third picture is your leg or a triceps shot, so that's not good either. I'm guessing it's your leg, and if so, you really need to start working on them. I'd say you're at least 20% too.

Guitar90
08-15-2009, 12:34 PM
That website's bogus. It said I'm 16% bf, but that's like 10% out at least. I'm easily 26.

berfles
08-15-2009, 12:56 PM
Haha yeah, it says I'm 10.6% and I'm over 15%.

dxiw
08-15-2009, 01:13 PM
I would estimate you are 22-25% bodyfat.

tabormcandrews
08-15-2009, 01:18 PM
i don't want to be mean or anything but i think that you are probably over 20% but then again since you dont have any fat on your legs you might be lower too. i think with your build you have good potential, my advice start running... NOW. by running not only will you be building your cardiovascular health, but you will burn fat, build leg muscles. running won't help your squatting strength but it will build them up for a higher capacity and they will just be stronger all around which will make you a more stable and comfortable squatter. but you still look like you've got quiet a bit of muscle under that blub

you'll be able to cut off a lot of that in like 2 months (diet tip: eat more times a day but smaller proportions, like eat 5 equal meals a day but make them smaller than normal meal size)

aormz
08-18-2009, 11:38 PM
Thanks for the help. What do you recommend as far as running or crosstraining? I'm a fairly active big man. I wouldnt mind being walking at 205. I'm about to switch up from Starting strength and do maybe crossfit I was thinking. Quite possibly infinite intensity even.

XMadmanX
08-19-2009, 12:20 AM
you look strong, how many cals are you eating?

aormz
08-19-2009, 08:47 PM
Thanks, I'm eating around 3000 cals a day. I should probably lower those cals to around 2500 and get a little cleaner. I was about to go on a vegetable / fruit and lean meat plan.

maxs are squat : 290
deadlift: 375
benchpress: 260

cphafner
08-19-2009, 09:48 PM
i don't want to be mean or anything but i think that you are probably over 20% but then again since you dont have any fat on your legs you might be lower too. i think with your build you have good potential, my advice start running... NOW. by running not only will you be building your cardiovascular health, but you will burn fat, build leg muscles. running won't help your squatting strength but it will build them up for a higher capacity and they will just be stronger all around which will make you a more stable and comfortable squatter. but you still look like you've got quiet a bit of muscle under that blub

you'll be able to cut off a lot of that in like 2 months (diet tip: eat more times a day but smaller proportions, like eat 5 equal meals a day but make them smaller than normal meal size)

There are better forms of cardio than running (especially if you want to retain your muscle). For the OP I would look at HIIT for cardio. You have suprising lean arms and chest for the fat on your stomach. Clearly have some good muscle there, just need to drop some fat. Check out the interview with Unholy in the article section. He was in a similar shape to you and is now getting ready for a bbing competition.

brihead301
08-20-2009, 07:40 AM
My advice: Continue the strength training and include a lot of cardio where you switch it up all the time. I started taking MMA, where the conditioning is different every single day, and I lost 40 lbs very quickly. I continued to lift heavy too though, because I wanted to retain all the muscle I gained. So if you want to do crossfit as your cardio/conditioning, don't stop doing SS, just do it on your off days.

Run, jumprope, do bodyweight circuits, do the stair stepper, do HITT, do tabata, do high-rep/short rest time circuits, shadow box, etc..... you should be able to do all these things at your gym. If you happen to have access to a heavy bag, even better do that too!

Also, as already said clean up your diet - lower carb intake ESPECIALLY towards the end of the day before you are about to go to sleep. Eat frequent and small meals.