PDA

View Full Version : A healthy simple light snack

BFGUITAR
08-15-2009, 01:09 PM
My mom would make this pretty often. It takes 5 min to make and can leave anyone satisfied. Sometimes I'm just not in the mood for chicken or dairy and would rather have something really light.

What you will need:
1) Mixed greens
2) Green apples (or raspberries or strawberries or pears... or all three. These are the only things I have tried this recipe with but feel free to use anything)
3) Sliced almonds or walnuts
4) Olive oil
5) Raspberry vinegar (Pear vinegar can work as well. Use balsamic if you dont have any of these)
6) Salt+pepper

Pretty straightforward. Take your greens and put as much fruit and nuts as you want. I personally like to peel the apples. Go easy on the vinegar of course. I don't know how much vinegar/olive oil I use... just eyeball it. The fruit counter acts the vinegar perfectly. The nuts give a fuller taste to a simple salad. Enjoy!

Dracoy
08-15-2009, 07:29 PM
Raspberry vineger sounds amazing.

Mercuryblade
08-16-2009, 11:16 AM
Looks good, I imagine would be even better if you mixed in a little cane sugar with the dressing.

nievesalvarez
09-23-2009, 01:31 AM
Hi,
I read it.That is really looking nice recipe.well there is no junk item in that so as my point of view it is so nice for human body.Please try to share such more dishes of food at the community.with the help of that we may aware of the different food over the whole world.Thank you for sharing such a nice recipe.